• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] ForgeIRC v1.0.18, Soul Shards v2.0.15, and Recipe Remover v1.1 [Updated 1/1/2014]

irc chat forgeirc soul shards recipe remover spawner

• Please log in to reply
1484 replies to this topic

ShadwDrgn

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

POPULAR

Skip to Soul Shards
Skip to Recipe Remover

For you GPG encryption geeks my pubkey is 70722AE7
fingerprint: A4BD B39E 31CB 97B3 47A6  1F23 0515 BF88 7072 2AE7

ForgeIRC

Forge IRC is a 100% MinecraftForge compatible minecraft IRC client. Easily connect your entire server or just your client to an IRC channel.

Download - 1.6.2
Download - 1.5.1/1.5.2
Download - 1.4.6
Download - 1.4.5
Download - 1.4.2
Download - 1.3.2

Instructions
1) Install forge
2) Place the ForgeIRC zip in your mods folder
3) Run minecraft once to generator configs, then close it.
4) Edit .minecraft\ForgeIRC.cfg file to your liking (remember to change "connect" setting)

Video Tutorial:

Features:
Spoiler:

Todo:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Report bugs to irc.esper.net #ForgeIRC

Soul Shards 2

WARNING: THIS IS CONSIDERED A NEW AND DIFFERENT MOD FROM SOUL SHARDS 1. REMOVE SS1 FROM YOUR WORLD BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

Download - 1.6.4
Download - 1.6.2
Download - 1.5.1/1.5.2
Download - 1.4.6
Download - 1.4.4
Download - 1.4.2
Download - 1.3.2

Soul Shards allows you to create a Soul Shard that absorbs the souls of monsters you kill to be inserted into a Soul Cage later. This Soul Cage is a special block that can spawn the type of mob your Soul Shard contains.

This mod's cages can spawn monsters you can't normally get with vanilla spawners.

Spotlight

Overview
Short instructions are simple. You break vanilla spawners you find in the world to get "Crystalized Soul Essence" look up uses for this item in NEI.

You get the shards by killing mobs with the shadow blade (you require Crystalized Soul Essence in your inventory to get a shard).

The shards are permenant, but you need a CSE for every cage you build.

Right click a cage with your shard to set it's type. Cages can be powered off by providing a redstone signal.

Instructions
1) Install forge
2) Place the mod zip in your mods folder

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Recipe Remover
Recipe Remover is a tool for server admins that allows you to remove recipes for items or blocks you don't wish to be allowed on your server. It is 100% Forge compatible.

Removing a recipe is simple. Just create a list of the itemid or itemid:meta's you want to remove and place it in the config. Example:
removedIDs=57,62:3,32

Download - 1.4.6
Download - 1.4.4
Download - 1.4.2
Download - 1.3.2

Changelog
Spoiler:
*ForgeIRC Soul Shards, and Recipe Remover are protected under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-ND 3.0) License which can be found here: http://creativecommo...s/by-nc-nd/3.0/

Register or log in to remove.

ShadwDrgn

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Added Client support. Have fun.

Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1674 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

Great job! Keep up the good work :)
xxxxxx

kurruk
    kurruk

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Can't wait to try downloading now!

ShadwDrgn

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postkurruk, on 11 September 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Can't wait to try downloading now!
The reason you couldn't get your bot to talk in #ForgeIRC is because ForgeIRC bots are silenced in there. It's not meant to be a testing channel. It's just in the config as an example.

kurruk
    kurruk

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostShadwDrgn, on 11 September 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

The reason you couldn't get your bot to talk in #ForgeIRC is because ForgeIRC bots are silenced in there. It's not meant to be a testing channel. It's just in the config as an example.
Thanks you might want to add that to the op.

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

So you can connect an IRC Channel to your forge server? Pretty nice mod guess it is a pretty good way of chatting if you don't like the in-game chat in minecraft..

Posted Image

ESClaus
    ESClaus

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Minecraft: ESClaus

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Very cool mod.  Now if I can get a mod that allows me to type out as much text as I want without the cutoff.  Posted Image

ScottKillen
  • Minecraft: sdkillen

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Nice job, ShadwDrgn! I'm looking forward to using this.

Veteran Minecraft Modder / Grumpy Old Man

Posted Image

FunshineX

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Any way to make the client version connect to twitch's channel IRC? I'd love to be able to read twitch chat in game while streaming, and even reply in twitch chat via minecraft

OvermindDL1

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostFunshineX, on 14 September 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Any way to make the client version connect to twitch's channel IRC? I'd love to be able to read twitch chat in game while streaming, and even reply in twitch chat via minecraft

When you tried it, what did not work?

ShadwDrgn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostOvermindDL1, on 15 September 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

When you tried it, what did not work?

No support for server password yet. Will be soon.

ShadwDrgn

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Server password support is in. Can connect to twitch now.

FunshineX

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Nice, you rock!

Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1674 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

I wanted to once again say that this is a wonderful mod and I just wanted to report and hoping there is a fix with /me in minecraft. A lot my users kind of use /me for roleplaying and its causing a hell of a mess on IRC.

Thanks,
Kane
xxxxxx

ShadwDrgn

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostKane_Hart, on 22 September 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

I wanted to once again say that this is a wonderful mod and I just wanted to report and hoping there is a fix with /me in minecraft. A lot my users kind of use /me for roleplaying and its causing a hell of a mess on IRC.

Thanks,
Kane
I'll try to get it done this weekend.

Seti118
    Seti118

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts
  • Minecraft: Seti118

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Good solid mod, in use on my server atm and it's awesome to keep an eye on the chat etc.

Dunno if this would be possible, but say there's a drop in connection, but the server's still up, the IRC bot that this creates won't return to the channel unless the server is restarted. I don't know if you could add this, but would it be possible to make sure that the bot checks it's in the channel every so often and if not re-join it?

May also be worth noting if you want it for server use, it's not needed on the client.
Posted Image

Azeryuu
    Azeryuu

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 459 posts
  • Minecraft: Azeryuu
  • Xbox:ZaeXor

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

You could just set your server to auto-restart ever hour or 2 depending on server load

Posted Image

ShadwDrgn

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostSeti118, on 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Good solid mod, in use on my server atm and it's awesome to keep an eye on the chat etc.

Dunno if this would be possible, but say there's a drop in connection, but the server's still up, the IRC bot that this creates won't return to the channel unless the server is restarted. I don't know if you could add this, but would it be possible to make sure that the bot checks it's in the channel every so often and if not re-join it?

May also be worth noting if you want it for server use, it's not needed on the client.

I will be adding commands that will allow you to have it reconnect, change channels, change nicks, some admin stuff... so on. :)

Seti118
    Seti118

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts
  • Minecraft: Seti118

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostAzeryuu, on 01 October 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

You could just set your server to auto-restart ever hour or 2 depending on server load
Not really ideal for the server I have running, considering I have players from all over the world. The server reboots every night as it is to help keep memory/cpu usage down and that's really as much as I can spare doing. As it really needs to be up for long periods.

View PostShadwDrgn, on 02 October 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

I will be adding commands that will allow you to have it reconnect, change channels, change nicks, some admin stuff... so on. Posted Image

Win. Good to hear. I really don't like having to reboot the server just to get the bot back into IRC.
Posted Image