• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

Pyrosparker
  • Minecraft: pyrosparker

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostDeathlykiller, on 19 October 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

It's in documents/mcmodeditor/mcp/jars/bin/minecraft.jar

You should put the textures in: /modmaker/[mod name]/
Your textures for armor should call: [armor material name] + "_1.png" or "_2.png"
If your armor material contains spaces. you must replace them with a "_"
Alright, thank you.Posted Image

So, will block generation also work for the nether or not yet?

Register or log in to remove.

mitchthe12th
  • Minecraft: mitchthe12th

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hello! I was just suggesting that maybe you add shapeless recipes, and the ability to select which category your item would go into?
Posted Image , Posted Image , Posted Image,  Posted Image and Posted Image  for you. That makes five. I've actually successfully made a mod now!
Also, if it is there, I want to know how to use world generation.
Cheers, Mitchthe12th.
Draco likes hamsters, Draco likes honey, Draco likes toothpaste... Draco likes money, Draco likes face paints... Draco likes pliers, Draco likes bowling, Draco likes cartwheels, Draco likes FIRE. Draco likes alot of things.

Deathlykiller

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostPyrosparker, on 19 October 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Alright, thank you.Posted Image

So, will block generation also work for the nether or not yet?
block generation doesnt work in this version, probably in the next update
Posted Image

Deathlykiller

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostPyrosparker, on 18 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I added an armor using this mod, and it works, but the textures aren't there. It shows up on the character as big white rectangles. I tried re-adding the textures for when you wear it, but it still does the same thing. Any help please?
I think I found the problem? you probably have spaces in you mod name? If so look into your documents/mcmodeditor/mcp/jars/bin/minecraft.jar (open it with a archive manager like winrar)
goto /ModEditor then you'll see 2 folders: your modname with a space and without. Copy all the files from the one without spaces to one without spaces.
This should fix it
Posted Image

Pyrosparker
  • Minecraft: pyrosparker

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostDeathlykiller, on 19 October 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

I think I found the problem? you probably have spaces in you mod name? If so look into your documents/mcmodeditor/mcp/jars/bin/minecraft.jar (open it with a archive manager like winrar)
goto /ModEditor then you'll see 2 folders: your modname with a space and without. Copy all the files from the one without spaces to one without spaces.
This should fix it
After changing the names, and re-installing MCP because it was being weird, i got it to work. Thanks for the help, i'm looking forward to the next update! Posted Image

rainfur245

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

Will this be updated soon?

Deathlykiller

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

View Postrainfur245, on 30 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Will this be updated soon?

I'm working on it as hard as I can, but I'm busy with other things atm. But I hope I finished somewere next week, I can't promise anything
Posted Image

roberno2k

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Would it be possible for you to introduce a feature that allows you to make projectile weapons and projectiles in the next update? I've been thinking about making Miniguns, throwing knives, etc. a part of my mod.

Deathlykiller

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postroberno2k, on 10 November 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Would it be possible for you to introduce a feature that allows you to make projectile weapons and projectiles in the next update? I've been thinking about making Miniguns, throwing knives, etc. a part of my mod.
I was already thinking about this, but it's really hard to make that because you have to create a lot of classes. But maybe I'll add it :D
Posted Image

Sage34
    Sage34

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

weres the download?

Deathlykiller

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

At Planet Minecraft
Posted Image

Sharky997

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hey, deathly, can you make it so items can have custom abilities such as, life stealing on sword (liek chance to take 1/2 heart from enemy on strike, and you change the percentage and/or change the amount of HP given back to the player) as I am trying to a make a mod that adds swords into the game (currently only ten but is hoping reach a  total of 50! swords) or when you make it it'll provide a random enchantment upon creation on a crafting table.

Please tell me what you think of this idea!

Deathlykiller

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostSharky997, on 22 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Hey, deathly, can you make it so items can have custom abilities such as, life stealing on sword (liek chance to take 1/2 heart from enemy on strike, and you change the percentage and/or change the amount of HP given back to the player) as I am trying to a make a mod that adds swords into the game (currently only ten but is hoping reach a  total of 50! swords) or when you make it it'll provide a random enchantment upon creation on a crafting table.

Please tell me what you think of this idea!
First of all this sound like a great mod to me :P
It is possible to make it, but it is not easy. I think you have to program it yourself
Posted Image

Sharky997

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostDeathlykiller, on 25 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

First of all this sound like a great mod to me Posted Image
It is possible to make it, but it is not easy. I think you have to program it yourself

Can you make it then that you could add your own code into the mod, as well as making the basics with your mod. like a small section to write code for items.

Deathlykiller

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yes, that's a good idea :P
but you can already export it to source code and edit it there
Posted Image

potatosamurai

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

When I attempt to export to installer:
http://pastebin.com/JZ6Aw8nK

Entry of particular interest:

[2012/11/25 19:29:36] [INFO] Cannot run program "C:\Users\Daniel/Documents/MCModEditor/temp/jar.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\MCModEditor\temp\installer"): CreateProcess error=216, This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher

Using Windows 7 x86/32-bit

Also: What do I do with the results of exporting to "Final Mod"? As in, if someone downloads "Mod.zip", what then?
Think Greg's gone too far? Think Mystcraft Books are just too easy to make? Take the reins of your recipes with Minetweaker~! Minetweaker Wiki

Deathlykiller

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Postpotatosamurai, on 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

When I attempt to export to installer:
http://pastebin.com/JZ6Aw8nK

Entry of particular interest:

Using Windows 7 x86/32-bit

Also: What do I do with the results of exporting to "Final Mod"? As in, if someone downloads "Mod.zip", what then?

For some reasons the tool jar.exe dont run on your system, You can bypass this: open /documents/mcmodeditor/temp/installer.jar with a archive manager like winrar or 7zip, browse to the location /net/modmaker/Patcher/ . Copy the mod.zip and the properties from /documents/mcmodeditor/temp/installer/net/modmaker/patcher/ to the installer.jar /net/modmaker/Patcher/

if you want to use export to final mod watch this tutorial
Posted Image

potatosamurai

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I don't have a /temp folder in my editor directory. Here's what I do have:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, I tried cracking open "ModMaker 1.33.jar", taking jar.exe out, creating the /temp/installer folder, and putting jar.exe inside. No difference.

I was able to find a mod.zip and properties.yml. Putting them in "ModMaker 1.33.jar" /net/modmaker/Patcher/ had no noticeable effect.
Think Greg's gone too far? Think Mystcraft Books are just too easy to make? Take the reins of your recipes with Minetweaker~! Minetweaker Wiki

Deathlykiller

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostDeathlykiller, on 26 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

For some reasons the tool jar.exe dont run on your system, You can bypass this: open /documents/mcmodeditor/temp/installer.jar with a archive manager like winrar or 7zip, browse to the location /net/modmaker/Patcher/ . Copy the mod.zip and the properties from /documents/mcmodeditor/temp/installer/net/modmaker/patcher/ to the installer.jar /net/modmaker/Patcher/

if you want to use export to final mod watch this tutorial

You need to do this after you tried to export it to an installer (Don't close the editor, because then it will delete the temp folder)
Posted Image

potatosamurai

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I was able to get it to work. Thanks!

I should note that I got the same error on two different computers, both running Win7.