Latest News Article

The Ancient Golem

• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

FirstBreed
  • Minecraft: FirstBreed

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

POPULAR

About five days ago i was looking out across the water from the balcony of a tavern i just made and saw a huge mountain cutting out into the sea. My mind began to wonder and i thought it would be cool if there was a massive golem coming out the mountain supporting a huge clump of dirt on its back which in turn was supporting an ancient temple. So thats exactly what i did.

This is the first time i have used the flying mod to build anything and i'm glad i did. This would of taken so much longer if i didn't use this mod or the cloud mod or the sun control mod so it didn't get dark. All i want to do i build without limitations. So here are the pictures

First off this is my character next to the head to give you an idea of the scale.

Posted Image

In the distance

Posted Image

Closer

Posted Image

I'm very happy with the way it turned out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The temple on its back

Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Bolkoy
    Bolkoy

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

My God this is awesome.

Keep up the fantastic work.

wyrmhole said:

First you measure the circumference of your cranium.
Then you look up some literature to determine the average elasticity of anal sphincter muscle.
That'll tell you if you can fit the former through the latter, and if so you can find the answer inside!

Exsoul01
    Exsoul01

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 549 posts

wow this is quite the artistic feat, good job.
http://goo.gl/HNoyk - Do Not Click Me

Crenox
    Crenox

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10018 posts
  • Minecraft: Crenox

WOW, amazing, cool, nice!!!!!!!! I love the Golem dude, man keep up the good work dude!

Posted Image

Majh
    Majh

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: Majh
  • Xbox:Majh

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

This is awesome.  Its something new and it turned out great.
Posted Image

xTiming
    xTiming

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

W.
O.
W.

Posted Image
The Voxel Box Sniper and Client Modder/Plugineer

Olphraen
  • Minecraft: Olphraen

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Most have taken you so long. I don't think I could do that
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Lol! (Credit ViscousPrudoctions.

Kryyn
    Kryyn

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Can we have the save? I'd like to get a closer look at it. I've worked on a project exactly like this but lost my patience with it.

lucianli123

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Great job, even with mods, I would not have the patience to do this.
What texture pack is this?

Lunar180 said:

Nowadays it's just too easy to fake impressive things in an attempt to enlarge one's e-penis.

FruitDoctor said:

It's been about 50 minutes and I'm already deterred from relying on humans for help with anything ever..

disrespecting
  • Minecraft: Disrespecting

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

This is without a doubt the coolest thing I've ever seen in minecraft, giant cities and the like just dont stand a chance against this beauty.

Well done.

Kwickgamer
  • Minecraft: Kwickgamer

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

THis is amazing! nicely done!

I assume you used INVedit?
Posted Image

FirstBreed

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Kryyn said:

Can we have the save? I'd like to get a closer look at it. I've worked on a project exactly like this but lost my patience with it.

I've been in the same world since i started. I have only ever spawned one world and i stuck with it. If i were to look to the right you would see the palace and the town. The world has become quite precious to me now, not sure if i could give out the save.... i could make a video if people want it.

lucianli123 said:

Great job, even with mods, I would not have the patience to do this.
What texture pack is this?

This is Glimmars Steampunk texture pack but i've customized some things with older versions of the steampunk packs. Not really into steampunk all that much but the texture pack looks great. Thanks for the the kind words people. Makes me want to build
Posted Image

Killah_141

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

that's the coolest thing i have ever seen in minecraft. you should make it into a multiplayer server

WTFClock
    WTFClock

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Sweet jesus it's FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.
AVATAR BY WOOWOO678                                                                                                  

Lead
    Lead

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

WOW! That looks amazing!

I think this just made my day.
Check out my Let's Play Series on Youtube: http://www.youtube.c... ... 381C69EA32

New episodes are up almost every day!

Kryyn
    Kryyn

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

FirstBreed said:

Kryyn said:

I've been in the same world since i started. I have only ever spawned one world and i stuck with it. If i were to look to the right you would see the palace and the town. The world has become quite precious to me now, not sure if i could give out the save.... i could make a video if people want it.

No big deal. =) If you change your mind, be sure to upload it! People love adventure, and adventuring through other creator's worlds sure is a good adventure! =P

auzura
    auzura

Diamond Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Just when I think I have seen the best thing in Minecraft, someone makes the best thing in Minecraft.

Riddle78

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

First thought? "Atlas,the Titan who holds the sky". Second thought? "EPIC!"

lucianli123

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

FirstBreed said:

This is Glimmars Steampunk texture pack but i've customized some things with older versions of the steampunk packs. Not really into steampunk all that much but the texture pack looks great. Thanks for the the kind words people. Makes me want to build
Oh.Ok, I use Glimmar's but I think I prefer this.

Lunar180 said:

Nowadays it's just too easy to fake impressive things in an attempt to enlarge one's e-penis.

FruitDoctor said:

It's been about 50 minutes and I'm already deterred from relying on humans for help with anything ever..

FirstBreed

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

Kwickgamer said:

THis is amazing! nicely done!

I assume you used INVedit?

I started to make a huge quarry for the stone but after my last big build and i got tired of doing this so it was at this point  i gave into all the mods and invedit. So aye i used Invedit. I noticed you can get the leaves as blocks in invedit so i was able to make cool leafy overhangs.
Posted Image