Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft: Sound Mod

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Deadweightsd

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

Minecraft: Sound Mod

I don't know if many people will find this useful, but while I was modifying the sounds in Minecraft the other day, I realised there wasn't a program out there to do it. So I decided to make one. Ideal for changing the sounds to something more interesting, or playing around with them on someone elses game. :Sheep:

Posted Image

Download Links
    [*:1qhabajg]Uppit Link:http://uppit.com/5lz...C_Sound_Mod.exe

The program is fairly basic, allowing you to select a file you want to replace, and then specify a file to replace it with. It also creates a backup of your original sounds so you can revert to using them whenever you want.

If you have audacity and a microphone, then you can record yourself saying something and export it as a .ogg file to use in your game. Alternatively you can import any sound clip, into audacity and re-export as .ogg file so you can use it in your game.

Useful Links

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Register or log in to remove.

Lolligator
  • Minecraft: Lolligator

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

That seems intresting! May  :iapprove: s explode into a thousand of  :D s for you
Posted Image

Pewman
    Pewman

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Minecraft: Pewman

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

awesome, this is something i'll definitely use... i can already imagine the hurt.ogg is "BOB SAGET".
Posted Image
THE STRONGEST ODOR BLOCKER IN THE GALAXY

W3RD2DAB!RD

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

can we change the music using this?

also what platforms are supported by this mod?
STOP posting if i have bought alpha when i comment
I HAVE ALPHA ON MY DAUGHTERS ACCOUNT NOT MINE, u people flame too much, and i dont want HER account getting associated with MY W3RDZ, let alone the flaming trolls who play in this forum
PEACE BE WITH YOU

W3RD2DAB!RD

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

W3RD2DAB!RD said:

can we change the music using this?

also what platforms are supported by this mod?
never mind it's a .exe file so windozzzZZZZzzzzz
lame action!
i've been finding that most of the .exe mods wont work with the program i utilize to run windozzZZZzzzz based programs
BOOOOOOOOOOO-URNS!
STOP posting if i have bought alpha when i comment
I HAVE ALPHA ON MY DAUGHTERS ACCOUNT NOT MINE, u people flame too much, and i dont want HER account getting associated with MY W3RDZ, let alone the flaming trolls who play in this forum
PEACE BE WITH YOU

markminer315

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

i deffinetly will use this if i can change the music disc music
cat.ogg and 13.oggif you do that  :D  :D 's 4 u

j4ke002
    j4ke002

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

This doesnt work for me :)

I start the program up and straight away it comes up with 'MC Sound Mod has stopped working, we are sorry for the inconvenience'. I am running a 32 bit Windows 7 PC.
Click here to go to my youtube channel!

DRSgigity

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

Can you please post this on an alternate download site as well (like cnet or mediafire) because i cant download from uppit because my firewall program wont allow me to go to the site as it is an unsafe site (i know enough about computers and computer related technology to trust my firewall's blocking of the site. if you are wondering, i use comodo firewall because i believe it's a good program) but please post this on an alternate site so i can download it, thanks.

"Falcon Punch!!!!!!!!!"
                -Cpt. Falcon
"Falcon Punch!!!!!"
      -Cpt. Falcon

drumsofdoom
  • Minecraft: drumsofdoom
  • Xbox:DominantMeat

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

The wiki says that there is a mac version?
My Music Page!
Oppan Gangme Maybe!

Suicidal Cheez
  • Minecraft: Suicidocheez

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Didn't you even bother testing? It doesn't work. Minecraft changes the sound files back. Thanks for wasting my time, asshole.
Posted Image

Zpwner_383
  • Minecraft: epic_mickey_999

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostSuicidal Cheez, on 27 July 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Didn't you even bother testing? It doesn't work. Minecraft changes the sound files back. Thanks for wasting my time, a**hole.
1. CALM DOWN.
2. there are easy steps to fix this: first, if you have minecraft open, close it. Second, open it again, then load a world. Finally, replace the sound again. This SHOULD work.
EDIT: the link is a link to a bad website!

Edited by Zpwner_383, 04 September 2011 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

NegAgeN
    NegAgeN

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

This maybe sound stupid but im makin a mod where i want to change the sounds.

I only have WAV files for use. I put it in audacity and i click convert to ogg etc.. it works.
only thing it does is that the sound is absent from that moment on resulting in nothing at all.

Is there a problem with wav and ogg files ?? what am i doing wrong or what am i not doing at all.. anybody?