207 replies to this topic

Pav9495
    Pav9495

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Minecraft: Pav9495

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

In this thread you can see, review and download all of the mods I have created. Have fun and comment! =)

Nuke:

Posted Image

Have in mind that this is a very dangerous thing! It makes a huge explosion and can create craters only when there is just 1. Use with caution!! The fuse is bigger than the TNT one, but you still can't get far enough with just walking, so I suggest making mechanisms in order to survive this!

UPDATE: Because of people having problems with the id of the nuke being 98, I made it into a .properties file called "nuke.properties". You can manually edit the id from there if it's interfering with some other mod that you have. The file will be created in the same directory from where you are starting Minecraft. Just like my Colored Glass Mod. Also, check out bellow for the "Required to run" and download Roundaround's Lagless Explosions Mod cause with it, there is practically no lag at all! I added it as a "required to run" because I didn't see a way how to change only the explosion of the nuke considering all the explosions come from the same place, so it's either every explosion, either the lag. So yea, download his lagless explosions mod and you'll have a smooth exploding nuke! =)

Screenshot of the aftermath of a nuke:

Posted Image

It doesn't look that huge from this angle, but believe me, it is. Also, it partially devastates the ground around the crater in quite the radius. That can't be seen very well here, but if you look at the sand, you'll see it.

Colored Glass:

Posted Image

Are you bored with the normal glass being the only transparent block in the game ? Well I was. Recently I build a castle and wanted to put colored glass as it's windows cause with the normal ones, it just didn't look that awesome so I made this. There isn't anything actually that has to be said about this mod, except that I made it with all the colors that you can color wool in so it's something like a mixture between glass and wool. Enjoy! =)

UPDATE: I got replies stating that the glass textures should be a little different so I did make them different. The preview is updated, so you can see how they look now. If you still don't like the way they are, you can change the textures I have provided and make them into any look you want. Keep reading and you'll see the instructions. I also removed the option which drops the glass when you break it. Now, when you break it, it breaks for good, just like the normal glass. And the most important update is with the id values. Lots of people were having problems so I took some of the advice I was given and made a .properties file where you can edit the ids to your will and have a nice working mod! =) When you run Minecraft for the first time after you have added the mod, you'll get a file called "colored_glass.properties" in the same folder from where you start Minecraft. However, there might be cases where you don't get the full list of items, so just in case, I'm going to write it bellow, so keep reading.

How to change glass textures:
When you open the archive file of the mod, you'll see a folder called glasses. Open that folder and you'll see some .png files. Extract those .png files somewhere on your computer. After that, edit them with some picture editing software and when you're done, save it. WHEN YOU SAVE IT, DON'T CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE OR MINECRAFT WILL START CRASHING ONCE YOU ADD THE MOD TO MINECRAFT.JAR!!! Replace the old .png files with the ones you created and then add the mod files to minecraft.jar(instructions on how to install mods bellow).

Full content of "colored_glass.properties":

Black Glass=99
Blue Glass=100
Brown Glass=101
Cyan Glass=102
Gray Glass=103
Green Glass=104
Light Blue Glass=105
Light Gray Glass=106
Lime Glass=107
Magenta Glass=108
Orange Glass=109
Pink Glass=110
Purple Glass=111
Red Glass=112
Yellow Glass=113

Coco Beans Recipe:

Posted Image

I made a Coco Beans recipe since the brown glass couldn't be made because they aren't aquirable. The recipe is a part of the Colored Glass Mod! You can use this recipe to make brown wool, too. Now it's possible! =)

Preview:

Posted Image

Redstone Pack:

Basically, this mod adds a new set of armor and tools made from redstone. Both the tools and the armor are better than the diamond ones.

UPDATE: After getting some replies saying that redstone is really easy to find and 1 ore block gives more than 1 redstone, and I didn't really think about it while making the pack, so I decided to change the recipes. Now, before making the armor and the tools, you have to make a Redstone Block and then smelt it into a Redstone Ingot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BE SURE TO CREATE BACKUPS OF YOUR SAVES AND/OR YOUR MINECRAFT.JAR!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Downloads:

Minecraft Nuke Mod Beta v1.2_02
Minecraft Colored Glass Mod Beta v1.2_02
Minecraft Redstone Pack v1.2_02

Required to run!!!:

Risugami's Mod Loader
Roundaround's Lagless Explosions Mod - This is required for the Nuke Mod, cause without it, there is way too much lag from the drops the nuke creates.

Support Tools:

Shockah's More IDs Mod - You can download and add this if a mod crashes your minecraft because it uses id values that are also included in another mod. In the case, if the Colored Glass mod is interacting with some other mod you have and if you don't have any id values left, or if you just want more.
Minecraft Mod Manager - This program installs mods. So if you are having problems adding them yourself, this manager can add them for you. The download links for my mods, made so the manager can read them, are these:
Complete pack: http://www.mediafire...775h6wcy0jh4002
Nuke: http://www.mediafire...q37k6wa7fieb09b
Redstone Pack: http://www.mediafire...85gp8r2gmdzgg84
Colored Glass: http://www.mediafire...e1q5esac1e5ix75
Credit to zerstreut for suggesting this and making my mods readable by the manager.

Installation:

~Windows 7 / Windows Vista~
1. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\%appdata%
2. Open .minecraft
3. Open .bin
4. Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR, WinZip or 7-Zip
5. Copy and paste the files from the mod into minecraft.jar
6. Delete the META-INF folder in minecraft.jar if you still have it.
7. Close and play!

~Windows XP~
1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data
2. Open .minecraft
3. Open .bin
4. Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR, WinZip or 7-Zip
5. Copy and paste the files from the mod into minecraft.jar
6. Delete the META-INF folder in minecraft.jar if you still have it.
7. Close and play!

Update log:

v1.6 - Updated Nuke Mod with a .properties file and wrote some info on how to lower lag.
v1.5 - Updated Redstone Pack
v1.4 - Added Redstone Pack
v1.3 - Made the colored glass breakable just like the normal one; Added a recipe for Coco Beans; Made the id values of the colored glasses into a .properties file; Changed the textures of the colored glasses
v1.2 - Added Colored Glass Mod
v1.1 - Updated recipe of the Nuke Mod; Added a screenshot of the aftermath of the nuke
v1.0 - Created thead; Added Nuke Mod

Stay tunned for more!

Posted Image
TheSheepBroadcast - Watch now on YouTube!!

Register or log in to remove.

simo_415
    simo_415

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3046 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Sounds like a cool mod. Grats on releasing it =)

Got a screenshot of a crater? :iapprove:

rshuttle1337
  • Minecraft: rshuttle1337

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

Awesome! But why made with cake? Should be made with Glowstone Dust or something. :iapprove:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kazakaro

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

it should be tnt and lava and have to be lit with redstone or a flame (lighter thing)... cake just doesnt make any sense

locustgate

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Cause the cake is a lie.
Posted Image

Z91www
    Z91www

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

There should be TNT and gunpowder in repeating powders.
Seriously, why cake?
The Ultimate Minecraft Survival Guide -
http://tinyurl.com/MCsurvival
It has the ultimate guide to playing Minecraft! From finding dungeons to strategies for killing mobs!
Video game testing - http://002b3qoy5tak2w28oh2tkv6u4d.hop.clickbank.net/

simo_415
    simo_415

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3046 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Z91www said:

There should be TNT and gunpowder in repeating powders.
Seriously, why cake?

He is implying that our cooking is explosive :)

Pav9495
    Pav9495

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

I added the screenshot of the crater created by the nuke and also changed the recipe since you guys didn't understand the cake. I made the recipe with cakes just for fun. It wasn't supposed to make any sence. Also, what simo said, is true too- that cake is explosive! xD Also, Update Log added so you guys know what I change.
Posted Image

Nachodaddy42

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

SO MUCH FUN!

HoodedxSaints

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

So if I wanted to put this on my Multiplayer server how would I do that?

johnf420
    johnf420

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

Installed but I cant remove Item from crafting table. Just thought I would let you know.

DarkOmegaMK2

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

this mod is so tempting... i like it!
"There's no embarrassment in the search of truth!"
Posted Image

Pav9495
    Pav9495

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

@HoodedxSaints, there are 2 different types of addons for minecraft. The first type is mods, which are only for singleplayer and the other type are plugins which are for multiplayer. This is a mod, so it's only runable in singleplayer. Soon I'm going to turn it into a plugin, so just stay tunned.

@johnf420, I have no idea why you can't do that. When I test it, there are no bugs. Are you sure you have Risugami's ModLoader installed ? Are you sure you installed both the modloader and this mod correct ?

And thank you guys for the good feedback! I'm really happy you like it! =)
Posted Image

HoodedxSaints

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ok thanks for the info. Can't wait for the plugin.

Ryushi
    Ryushi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Minecraft: Ryushi

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

i'd use these kinds of mods more if it didn't leave those streak lines on the surface.
Click on the banner to visit the TF2 steam group
Posted Image

Zorm
    Zorm

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

nice I got it and am going to test it... I'm afraid...

EDIT: Crap... I was to close... LOL
EDIT 2: I'm getting the lagless explosions mod for next time...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Oplosthee

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

My save is having epic lagz now.
Lol.

Zorm
    Zorm

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Oplosthee said:

My save is having epic lagz now.
Lol.

yeah same here... =D after like 5min it fixed itself
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

matt1314
  • Minecraft: matt1314

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, me too. But I found a solution, it has something to do with the block drops: Download and install the Single Player Commands Mod and use the "/removedrops all" command to remove all the stone/dirt/sand etc. block drops. That fixes the lag issue. At least it worked for me.

Zorm
    Zorm

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

matt1314 said:

Yeah, me too. But I found a solution, it has something to do with the block drops: Download and install the Single Player Commands Mod and use the "/removedrops all" command to remove all the stone and dirt block drops. That fixes the lag issue. At least it worked for me.

or you can get lagless explosions mod by roundaround, they do the same thing