Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts
  • Minecraft: Lunatrius

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

POPULAR

About
With this mod you're able to display a ghost image of a schematic file inside Minecraft to rebuild a structure or export any part of your world (or a server's world) into a schematic file. You're able to export parts of your world, too!

News
  • 03.04.2014 19:20 CET - Schematica for 1.7.2 is out. Get is while it's hot! :)

Videos/Screenshots
*click*

Source
The mod source is now on github.

Downloads
ATTENTION! This mod REQUIRES LunatriusCore in order to work in 1.7.2 or later. It contains the core shared classes used by all mods I release. If you don't install it along with any of the other mods here, Minecraft will crash. You have been warned!

Changelog
Spoiler:

Installation, Configuration, Crash Reports, Translations, Suggestions

Incompatibilities (last update: 29.12.2013 06:56 CET)
  • ControlPack
    Fix: delete ban.class (1.4.5) from ControlPack's ZIP file. #
  • ThaumCraft's Goggles of Revealing (looking into it; take off goggles while building)
    Has been "fixed" in build #58 1.6.4 (http://stor.ag/e/7f59ae).
  • Pixelmon - the graphical part does not work at all, it's up to them to fix their render code; nothing I'm able to do there

Special thanks
In alphabetical order. Make sure to check out their awesome mods!

Other mods

License
Posted Image
Schematica and it's source is released under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.

Modpacks: you can freely include any of the mods in your mod pack if the modpack is free or private. Mentioning me as the author is appeciated but not required.

Edited by Lunatrius, 11 April 2014 - 01:19 PM.

Register or log in to remove.

Lunatrius
    Lunatrius

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Videos (videos are in spoiler tags to prevent the browser to hang on slower computers)
Spoiler:
Special thanks to RedstoneNightmare for the mod spotlight!

Spoiler:

Screenshots
Mostly from pre-release testing; the transparent "structures" are imported schematic files.
Spoiler:

subhanmahmood123

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

how do you instal this because my minecraft keeps crashing

i cant use magic launcher and do you have to put the class files into the mine craft.jar?

Cyphyres
    Cyphyres

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

As oson as i heard in the video you can select Layers i was like, " I swear to god internet DOWNLOAD FASTER!!!!"
Lol nice mod
The first. The middle. And the last.

subhanmahmood123

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

my schematics do not show up when i select them i am on mac

Lunatrius
    Lunatrius

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Postsubhanmahmood123, on 06 September 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

how do you instal this because my minecraft keeps crashing

i cant use magic launcher and do you have to put the class files into the mine craft.jar?
Placing the Schematica.zip into .minecraft/mods/ should work. Paste the crash report you're getting, use [code ] tags [/ code]

View PostCyphyres, on 06 September 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

As oson as i heard in the video you can select Layers i was like, " I swear to god internet DOWNLOAD FASTER!!!!"
Lol nice mod
Heh, thank you.

View Postsubhanmahmood123, on 06 September 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

my schematics do not show up when i select them i am on mac
Do the coordinates show up in the management GUI? And no errors at all?

subhanmahmood123

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

my mods working perfectly fine but when i load a schematic it doesnt show up.

TheGrayGoo
    TheGrayGoo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Minecraft: TheGrayGoo
  • Xbox:TheGrayGoo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Always wanted this. Was considering to learn to mod, simply for this.
Posted Image

SIMJEDI
    SIMJEDI

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Location: Somewhere with Val "Valiant" Thor and some Venus Vixens

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Now this looks like a sweet mod. Any chance in the future for the "lazy" way of doing things? Posted Image  Like it actually placing the blocks?

ETA: Been playing around with it a bit and would like to report.

Seems like some times when placing the correct block that it still remains red.

A great feature would being able to pick what the phantom block type is without having to dig into the inventory, like what the middle mouse button does in creative. Have an assignable button for it.
You will not touch my jar file. I repeat, you WILL NOT touch my jar file! Keep it simple and use MagicLauncherPosted Image

jamie_bom

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yay now I don't have to have mcedit open while i build stuff :)
Posted Image

Lunatrius
    Lunatrius

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

View Postsubhanmahmood123, on 07 September 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

my mods working perfectly fine but when i load a schematic it doesnt show up.
https://github.com/m...Error/downloads

Download MCErrorV30.jar and run it. The errors should be logged to the console. If you need help join the #risucraft channel on Esper (http://esper.net/publicirc.php) and ping me (say my name).

View PostSIMJEDI, on 07 September 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Now this looks like a sweet mod. Any chance in the future for the "lazy" way of doing things? Posted Image  Like it actually placing the blocks?

ETA: Been playing around with it a bit and would like to report.

Seems like some times when placing the correct block that it still remains red.

A great feature would being able to pick what the phantom block type is without having to dig into the inventory, like what the middle mouse button does in creative. Have an assignable button for it.
The would have be added to the server side version and I still don't have an ETA on that. WorldEdit/MCEdit is your best bet for now.

Do those blocks happen to be wooden half slabs? The old slabs in the schematics (and maybe some other blocks) have been added to the game under a different block ID. This is also something that I'd like to add in the future to account for (printing a list of all blocks with metadata, changing blocks/metadata on the fly, with the schematic loaded).

subhanmahmood123

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

My minecraft doesnt crash. its just when i try to load the schematic..... the schematic that ive loaded doesnt come up but when i go back in to the load schematic menu again its says that ive selected the schematic.... but it doesnt show up for some reason plz help :)

Lunatrius
    Lunatrius

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Postsubhanmahmood123, on 07 September 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

My minecraft doesnt crash. its just when i try to load the schematic..... the schematic that ive loaded doesnt come up but when i go back in to the load schematic menu again its says that ive selected the schematic.... but it doesnt show up for some reason plz help :)
That's exactly why I'd like you to run the program. There could be an error that doesn't crash Minecraft and is silently ignored. Also, could you send me the schematic in question? It could be a corrupted schematic file or (maybe) a special case that I didn't account for.

SIMJEDI
    SIMJEDI

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Location: Somewhere with Val "Valiant" Thor and some Venus Vixens

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostLunatrius, on 07 September 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Do those blocks happen to be wooden half slabs?
It was more than half slabs. Grass is a big one, sometimes I had to remove and replace it multiple times before it stuck. I sunk the structure down one level so maybe it's depending on what's underneath it to register correctly. It was a 1.3.2 schematic as it had sideways logs in the build.
You will not touch my jar file. I repeat, you WILL NOT touch my jar file! Keep it simple and use MagicLauncherPosted Image

Lunatrius
    Lunatrius

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostSIMJEDI, on 07 September 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

It was more than half slabs. Grass is a big one, sometimes I had to remove and replace it multiple times before it stuck. I sunk the structure down one level so maybe it's depending on what's underneath it to register correctly. It was a 1.3.2 schematic as it had sideways logs in the build.
Ah, that would explain it. If there's an air layer in the schematic and you sink it down it will mark the dirt as a wrong placement of blocks. Those can be just ignored (it's impossible to code something that automatically detects things like that).

magnias
    magnias

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Minecraft: magnias

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Awesome mod, for notch's sake why isn't this more popular.
[CODE]
Posted Image

James_Bond1711

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Idea: Redstone pulse to take matereals out of inventori and place in the schemtaics (free in Creative)

magnias
    magnias

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Minecraft: magnias

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostJames_Bond1711, on 07 September 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Idea: Redstone pulse to take matereals out of inventori and place in the schemtaics (free in Creative)
that makes no sense
[CODE]
Posted Image

Azagal73
    Azagal73

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Minecraft: Azagal73

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Stop being so lazy. What is wrong with building it by hand?

If you just want things to appear wait for single player commands ( with worldedit ) to update fully to 1.3.2

Posted Image

Lunatrius
    Lunatrius

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

View Postmagnias, on 07 September 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

that makes no sense

View PostAzagal73, on 07 September 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Stop being so lazy. What is wrong with building it by hand?

If you just want things to appear wait for single player commands ( with worldedit ) to update fully to 1.3.2

I have no idea what you mean, just as magnias. What does redstone have to do with a hologram? Also, added that particular topic to the notes if anyone will bother reading them. And as Azagal73 pointed out, this is a mod that was built with legit players in mind. Additionally, I don't see much point in making another WorldEdit with less functions (it probably has 50+ commands, haven't really investigated it that much).