• Please log in to reply
1547 replies to this topic

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks very much for the further info. I do care whether I am supposed/allowed to do what ive said. Ive never done what ive suggested, I just cant find a mod that does what I want. Ive also not found anything to suggest Im not allowed to do that. Ill look out for that.

If it makes any difference I was only thinking of a private server with a small number of players.

Thanks again.

Register or log in to remove.

turtlelord
  • Minecraft: turtlelord

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Installed buff bars, in your post and on your website I cannot find out how to enter the options to move the buff bars around. Is this possible?
Is there a config somewhere? o.o

Crudedragos
    Crudedragos

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1182 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

View Postturtlelord, on 18 February 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Installed buff bars, in your post and on your website I cannot find out how to enter the options to move the buff bars around. Is this possible?
Is there a config somewhere? o.o

It can be found under the Config folder, i.e. minecraft/config/mod_BuffBarMod.cfg

Posted Image

[MCF] Project Zulu - [MCF] Just Another Spawner - [MCF] Mob Spawning Observation and Tests

Discussion - Troubleshooting - EsperNet-IRC #minecraftspawning

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Crudedragos, Im wondering why there is no mob spawner for minotaurs and mummys in my game. Mo creatures has put spawners in my NEI window and I know better dungeons puts spawners in (but thats out till its SMP). If I installed the structures module would that add spawners for the minotaur and mummy ? I assume minotaurs and mummys are for your labrynths? Possibly for your graveyard too ?

I cant find info on the minotaur/mummy/sand worm/centipede. Is that by design ? I saw notes of "not rewritten yet".

Also im wondering if your limited mob spawner can be pre defined prior to placing for the purposes of being used with this

http://www.minecraft...cdungeon-v0104/

not a mod, a python script that procedurally generates multi layer linked dungeons in a pre existing world. This tool is awesome, would massively benefit from your limited mob spawner. I know that to add a spawner for a custom mob type to one of its dungeons requires an nbt edit. but I havent played with any of that yet. Im too busy setting up my mo creatures/atmosmobs/project zulu animal spawn config.

thanks for reading

EDIT checked the structure sections and noted that labyrinths contain minotaur spawners and pyramids contain mummy spawners. Is it possible for them to go in to MCdungeon (above link).

EDIT 2 way to look stupid. Didnt notice the monsters tab on your webpage. Seen it now. Feasting in its glory. Not too sure why but MSC has made eagle hornbill and pelican a hostile, im currently in the process of putting them back into creatures. Maybe happened because a large number of animals ? (mo creatures atmosmobs and Project z).

EDIT 3 anyway a mimic can be placed in an MCdungeon ?

EDIT 4 I like the look of your oasis. Forgive me but im not sure about the palm trees. For what its worth pams mods adds very nice (I think) looking "hot trees" for banana and orange trees (amongst other sim sure). Basically they use jungle wood instead of leaf blocks for the trunk. (I know that some palm trees have false bark made of hardened leaves however).

Crudedragos
    Crudedragos

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1182 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postsirdave79, on 20 February 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

If I installed the structures module would that add spawners for the minotaur and mummy ? I assume minotaurs and mummys are for your labrynths? Possibly for your graveyard too ?
No. All I do in those modules is place a regular spawner then set it's type to the creature of choice. (The equivalent of placing a spawner and editing it's NBT through an editor). To my knowleadge their is not Forge hook to add spawners to creative. Which makes sense, as by default their are no spawners in creative.

Also im wondering if your limited mob spawner can be pre defined prior to placing for the purposes of being used with this
http://www.minecraft...cdungeon-v0104/

not a mod, a python script that procedurally generates multi layer linked dungeons in a pre existing world. This tool is awesome, would massively benefit from your limited mob spawner. I know that to add a spawner for a custom mob type to one of its dungeons requires an nbt edit. but I havent played with any of that yet. Im too busy setting up my mo creatures/atmosmobs/project zulu animal spawn config.

EDIT checked the structure sections and noted that labyrinths contain minotaur spawners and pyramids contain mummy spawners. Is it possible for them to go in to MCdungeon (above link).

EDIT 3 anyway a mimic can be placed in an MCdungeon ?
It's subject to the same limitations as a regular spawner / Tile entities in general. Additional properties, such as spawn limit, are set/saved through nbt tags. If it lets you set arbitrary tags, then it'd work fine. Setting for different mobs would just require setting the appropriate type tag to the creature of choice. (As an FYI, you can do with a regular spawner as well).

I'm not sure it'll let you place mimics. My mimics are not blocks, they are entities. If it lets you place entites then of course you can. When spawned they are in 'sleep mode' by default.

Crudedragos, Im wondering why there is no mob spawner for minotaurs and mummys in my game. Mo creatures has put spawners in my NEI window and I know better dungeons puts spawners in (but thats out till its SMP). If I installed the structures module would that add spawners for the minotaur and mummy ? I assume minotaurs and mummys are for your labrynths? Possibly for your graveyard too ?
Tried Atmos Mobs, theirs didn't show up either. I assume it's becuase NEI doesn't auto-detect them, Mo'Creatures likely just adds it's own module. I'll look into doing it.

I cant find info on the minotaur/mummy/sand worm/centipede. Is that by design ? I saw notes of "not rewritten yet".
EDIT 2 way to look stupid. Didnt notice the monsters tab on your webpage. Seen it now. Feasting in its glory. Not too sure why but MSC has made eagle hornbill and pelican a hostile, im currently in the process of putting them back into creatures. Maybe happened because a large number of animals ? (mo creatures atmosmobs and Project z).

They are hostile because they can despawn (all the flying creatures are). You could probably get away with ambient. This does tend to lead to more of them spawning (spawncap is lower, but nothing else tends to fill it). Let me know how that works out for you.

EDIT 4 I like the look of your oasis. Forgive me but im not sure about the palm trees. For what its worth pams mods adds very nice (I think) looking "hot trees" for banana and orange trees (amongst other sim sure). Basically they use jungle wood instead of leaf blocks for the trunk. (I know that some palm trees have false bark made of hardened leaves however).
Neither am I, or anyone else.  One of those things that are small enough that are usually being eclipse by some other feature/issue. Combine this will increased biome mods(i.e. Biomes O Plenty) terrain features are increasingly low priority as those focused mods do it better.

Posted Image

[MCF] Project Zulu - [MCF] Just Another Spawner - [MCF] Mob Spawning Observation and Tests

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hmm,

just spent the best part of the day setting up msc as described. Ive added armadillos to the desert. And its sort of overrun. Do your animals not despawn ?

I think most of the atmosmobs do despawn, with certain exceptions (bison and salamander I hear). And all of the mo creatures added animals. Might have to turn off the armadillos. I hope the rhinos gorillas giraffes etc dont stay spawned.....

Crudedragos
    Crudedragos

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1182 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Postsirdave79, on 20 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Hmm,

just spent the best part of the day setting up msc as described. Ive added armadillos to the desert. And its sort of overrun. Do your animals not despawn ?

I think most of the atmosmobs do despawn, with certain exceptions (bison and salamander I hear). And all of the mo creatures added animals. Might have to turn off the armadillos. I hope the rhinos gorillas giraffes etc dont stay spawned.....

They do not despawn.The only ones that despawn are the birds and the monsters. Would you like that as an option in the config?

Posted Image

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hmm,
Found a savanna chock full of rhinos. Its wierd your mobs seem to have a tendancy to spawn over similarly weighted mobs. I set the armadillos down to 1/1/1 in MSC and that seems to prevent the mob from taking over the biome.

I kind of assumed they would despawn however.. It would be good if they could. Mo creatures and atmosmobs (for the most part) despawn. I think it makes the animal populations easier to manage if they despawn, so yes I would very much like that as a config option.

Thanks very much.

Remirosa364

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

nice mod man
This is a Signature. I am a boss. DEAL WIT IT.

Crudedragos
    Crudedragos

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1182 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

View Postsirdave79, on 20 February 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Hmm,
Found a savanna chock full of rhinos. Its wierd your mobs seem to have a tendancy to spawn over similarly weighted mobs. I set the armadillos down to 1/1/1 in MSC and that seems to prevent the mob from taking over the biome.
As They don't despawn, they would take over. If creatures, keep in mind that creature types spawn with the chunk generation (independent of the regular spawn cycles) if they happen to be one of a few, I suppose it's possible it'd take occupy a few chunks. See this post for an example of vanilla gradually taking over other as an example of vanilla spawning not working as it should appear. The problem likely stems from the fact that it's based on the seed.
http://www.minecraft...0#entry20974918

View Postsirdave79, on 20 February 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

I kind of assumed they would despawn however.. It would be good if they could. Mo creatures and atmosmobs (for the most part) despawn. I think it makes the animal populations easier to manage if they despawn, so yes I would very much like that as a config option.

Thanks very much.
Well, if they are creatures they must not despawn, or you'd never see any. When you switch to hostile the spawn is significantly higher (1 try every 20 ticks versus 1:20 seconds (400 ticks)). There is a reason vanilla animals never despawn. Mo'creatures has it's own custom spawner. Atmos likely doesn't register them as creatures.

Posted Image

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Yeah ive been involved in that conversations on Mob Spawn Control, at least lately. Ive actually suggested that seed is involved in what spawns on the MSC thread. (which I blatantly read on the minecraft wiki and said as much). Having set vanilla mobs down relatively low in MSC im seeing hardly any of them when I generate chunks. I did not actually expect this, I thought id see large amounts of vanilla animals with even 1/1/1 set in MSC but it didnt happen that way. The issue with vanilla mobs not despawning is manageable I think. Mo creatures bears like to eat all vanilla animals as do big cats. So Ive set my biomes up to include them where I can. Also wolves eat sheep and a few mobs eat chickens, so ive set them to 8/1/1 or so in MSC and I suspect slightly higher weights of predatory mobs will keep the vanilla animals from overrunning. I would think getting a farm going under such conditions will be something of a feat.

In fact the only reason im not using your bears instead of mo creatures bears is that the mo creatures bears eat vanilla animals. Also when/if your mobs have configurable drops and despawn ability ill be using your mobs instead since I doubt mo creatures will be listening to my request for configurable drops any time soon. Ive requested the same from atmosmobs also but the author seems busy on one of his other mods atm.

Ive currently got my MSC spawn tick refresh at 20 also, to try to emulate the spawning behaviour of mo creatures to a degree. Since discovering MSC ive learned a lot about MC spawning. I read the wiki and thought "thats actually pretty complicated for something that I dont think wroks particularly well".

Also, I dont know why but I have not seen any gorillas ? ive set them to spawn in jungle, jungle hill, x jungle and mini jungle (last 2 ebxl biomes). Ive not seen a single one so far. I dont know if it has certain spawn conditions ? I was chatting to a chap on the MSC thread recently also about mo creatures komodo dragons not spawning in the desert. My current hypothesis is that komodo dragons need to spawn on mud or cannot spawn on sand. This made me think of your gorillas.

So yeah thanks for all that extra info and for reading my spiel. I feel like I have been fighting mobs, mob mods MSC and minecraft itself for like the last 2 weeks. I feel like im getting close!

Crudedragos
    Crudedragos

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1182 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postsirdave79, on 21 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

In fact the only reason im not using your bears instead of mo creatures bears is that the mo creatures bears eat vanilla animals. Also when/if your mobs have configurable drops and despawn ability ill be using your mobs instead since I doubt mo creatures will be listening to my request for configurable drops any time soon. Ive requested the same from atmosmobs also but the author seems busy on one of his other mods atm.
On mob drops, did you want to configure the actual item that drops, or just the weight/quantity.

View Postsirdave79, on 21 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Ive currently got my MSC spawn tick refresh at 20 also, to try to emulate the spawning behaviour of mo creatures to a degree. Since discovering MSC ive learned a lot about MC spawning. I read the wiki and thought "thats actually pretty complicated for something that I dont think wroks particularly well".

Also, I dont know why but I have not seen any gorillas ? ive set them to spawn in jungle, jungle hill, x jungle and mini jungle (last 2 ebxl biomes). Ive not seen a single one so far. I dont know if it has certain spawn conditions ? I was chatting to a chap on the MSC thread recently also about mo creatures komodo dragons not spawning in the desert. My current hypothesis is that komodo dragons need to spawn on mud or cannot spawn on sand. This made me think of your gorillas.

So yeah thanks for all that extra info and for reading my spiel. I feel like I have been fighting mobs, mob mods MSC and minecraft itself for like the last 2 weeks. I feel like im getting close!
I don't know about the komodo dragon, never had a problem spawning things in the desert.

On the gorilla, I can speak. I noticed it when I did the Hornbill and Pelican update. With the same spawn rates, Pelican in a hills biomes showed up in alrge quantities while hornbill in jungle was non-existant. The problem is in spawning a call to canCreatureTypeSpawnAtLocation asks if the block has SolidTopSurface which leaves are not (since they are opaque, this is the reason monsters don't spawn on stairs). This results in practically no valid spawning slots so that every spawn cycle will fail significantly more often.

Relevent (albeit poorly formated :( ) code excerpt for those interested:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Good morning Crudedragos. I wondered if the leaves were the problem with the gorilla. I guess thats why I see vanilla animals stuck in leaves so often in the jungle. Ill try and clear some space and see if I can see them spawn. I guess they should be rare!

As for drops Ive assumed again. Yes I was hoping I might be able to set the item ids that the animal drops on death and possibly the range ?

So im thinking that I would be able to edit the config with for example

"boar drop=[porkchop id] 0-2"

Something like that. Hope thats possible.

Thanks for your great replies.

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Oh by the way. I wonder, how easy is it to "imitate" mo creatures bear behavior ? This is really only an aside regarding mob "AI" (i use the term loosely).

I am curious because of a great mod I like called Minecraft comes alive. Mo creatures bears have a tendency to eat villagers. After asking him about villagers retreating or the guards attacking I was informed that it would require him to decompile mo creatures and learn how they work before he could make his village guards fight back.

Obviously im not a modder, and so i dont know but that seemed a bit, unlikely is the wrong word (see not a modder/coder), but unlikely.

I guess its not as simple as programming ones entities to "return fire" ?

Also on this topic (and I dont want to make any mroe requests of you) I am curious how difficult it would be to get your bears to attack other mobs ?

thanks

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Done more testing with spawn and found another interesting thing. Mo creatures mobs will not spawn at all on extrabiomesxl red rock mountains (top 3 layers covered in a mod added block - redrock). Indeed when I set MSC to chickens only, I saw 1 group of 4 spawn in 2 biomes of redrock. So vanilla creatures can spawn there, but soemthing other than leaves is preventing some spawns from there, I have no idea what. The redrock has some "dead grass" on some of it like tall grass on plains. I dont think this would prevent spawn on such a large scale ? If tall grass or analogies of it even do affect spawn. Also atmosmobs do spawn there vut very rarely like chickens. So its not a case of mobs not registered as animals/creatures spawn normally there. I have not seen a single mo creatures mob spawn there (despite having 4 types set to spawn vs just 1 atmos and 2 vanilla). This seems like komodo dragons not spawning in deserts, except they are all affected.

Which brings me back to your gorillas. I still have not seen a single one spawn in jungles. Which is a shame. Seems like the best place for them to me (well jungle hills and extreme jungle anyway).

Also it seems when I have 1 of your mobs set to spawn they take overriding precedence over all others. Like the rhinos in the savanna, armadillos in desert, and my latest discovery, the tree ents in tiaga. Rhinos and tree ents were less prolific, possibly because they are larger mobs and requiremore clear space to spawn, but it seems like both of them are spawning much much more often than mo creatures or atmosmobs. To the point where despite lowish numbers of rhinos and tree ents (compared to the armadillo invasion I witnessed) seem to interfere/prevent the spawn of other creatures or hog the spawn list. The armadillo did not occur when I set the spawn to 1/1/1 in msc at the next desert i came across but that will probably get worse over time.

I hope that if your mobs despawn/are not registered as creatures this will not happen.

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Multiple repeated crashes:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: value is absent
at com.google.common.base.Absent.get(Absent.java:40)
at projectzulu.common.mobs.entity.EntityElephant.bs(EntityElephant.java:86)
at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:183)
at in.b(WorldServer.java:162)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:669)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:123)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
--- END ERROR REPORT 70b61dff ----------

Wylker
    Wylker

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Minecraft: Wylker

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hello, I was wondering what your policy on modpacks is? I would like to include project zulu in a modpack I am assembling based on my Let's Play series. Thanks!
Check out my Mod Spotlights and Let's Play series! - https://www.youtube....?feature=vmdshb
Taking requests - PM me if you want me to spotlight your mod.

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

View Postsirdave79, on 21 February 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I hope that if your mobs despawn/are not registered as creatures this will not happen.

Is it possible to have a config option for mobs as despawn/do not despawn? Despawning mobs and creatures are great for single and explorer play, but no good for constructing adventure maps at all.

sirdave79
    sirdave79

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1074 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

MohawkyMagoo, Crudedragos asked me if I would like animals despawning as a config option. My answer was "yes please". ive posted too much self indulgent crap here havent i ?

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

View Postsirdave79, on 22 February 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

MohawkyMagoo, Crudedragos asked me if I would like animals despawning as a config option. My answer was "yes please". ive posted too much self indulgent crap here havent i ?

But dont we all?  As an option its great I think.