37 replies to this topic

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hey everyone,

I posted an issue about a month ago with the 1.3.1 update not working and now that 1.3.2 is out I had our network admin make the update to the server with the new 1.3.2 minecraft_server.jar and then I updated the client and right away, when I logon and log in to the server I keep getting "Connection Lost - End of Stream".  We absolutely cannot get this version of Minecraft to work on the server and we don't know how to fix it.

We're running updated Java and the last time I checked the server log it doesn't give any indication on what the error is.  It just says connection lost after the IP address.  No java error or any other error that comes up that would help us fix it.

Has ANYONE had this same issue and have any idea how to fix it?  This is super frustrating and it shouldn't be that difficult but it seems it's going to be!

Thanks!

brilor04

Register or log in to remove.

DemonVPS
    DemonVPS

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Double check that the server version is 1.3.2 (check the server startup log), connecting to a < 1.2.5 server with the newest Minecraft client produces the 'End of Stream' error.
I am a representative of DemonVPS
DemonVPS | High Performance Minecraft Hosting | http://DemonVPS.com/

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

DemonVPS,

This is a portion from the server.log:

2012-09-05 04:59:18 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.3.2
2012-09-05 04:59:18 [INFO] Loading properties
2012-09-05 04:59:18 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
2012-09-05 04:59:18 [INFO] Generating keypair
2012-09-05 04:59:19 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
2012-09-05 04:59:19 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
2012-09-05 04:59:19 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
2012-09-05 04:59:20 [INFO] Done (1.003s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

Then it goes on to say:

MYMINECRAFTNAME [/11.111.11.11:11111] lost connection
MYMINECRAFTNAME [/11.111.11.11:22222] lost connection

Not putting in my name or IP address, however, I'm getting random port #'s on the end of the IP address each time I try to log in and it gives me the "End of Stream" error.  Any thoughts?

brilor04

Majh
    Majh

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: Majh
  • Xbox:Majh

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Try shutting down and the booting the server back up.  Does the error persist?
Posted Image

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

We've tried that multiple times.  We even tried removing it entirely and doing a fresh install and that still didn't work.

Majh
    Majh

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is everyone having the issue, or only certain people?
Posted Image

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Everybody

Majh
    Majh

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Here's a solution someone found, might want to give it a try?
Posted Image

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Even if we don't use craftbukkit?

Majh
    Majh

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Should work in either case.  Backup your current files first in case it doesn't work however.  But I'm not sure off hand of what the issue could be.  I'll do some more digging and let you know if anything turns up.
Posted Image

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Network admin did this, no dice.  Someone also suggested deleting the player .dat files.  Tried this too and no luck.  Did a fresh install including removing the application data folder from my Mac and uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.  Same error.

My network admin just notified me that we're running Java 1.6 instead of 1.7.  Would this be the issue?  We're not getting any java error so I'm assuming that Java shouldn't be what's holding this back.  Is it?

Majh
    Majh

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Well updating to 1.7 can't hurt, so I would go ahead and do that.  Probably isn't the issue though.  I'll do some more research and see if anything turns up.  This isn't an error I've experience and debugged myself.
Posted Image

brandon3055
  • Minecraft: brandon 3055

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

I only ever get an end of stream message when I have a bad connection to the server e.g. bad internet  connection have you tryed loging in on the host computer?

To check your speed go to speedtest.org

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

our network admin is the only one with thise privileges.  haven't thought of that.  however, when i did try to log in and got the end of stream error, i tried loggin in a few more times then it would say connection lost when viewing the server list with a big red x over the server strength indicator.  does this info help?  I'll see if he can do an install on the server computer.  btw, he told me that the port isn't forwarding.  should it?

brandon3055
  • Minecraft: brandon 3055

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

i dont know anything about port forwarding but a big red x on the signal indicator means you are not conected to the server at all so ether there is a problem with the internet at one end or you have the wrong ip or it could have something to do with port forwarding but i dont know anything about that.

tautomer4314
  • Minecraft: Tautomer4314

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Me and my friends also had this issue a few days ago and cound not figure out. Crossing our fingers it will start working when we try to play later.
"I know the void, the void knows me. It keeps us weak; the void told me."
-Planningtorock (Janine Rostron)

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

We've once again downgraded back to 1.2.5 JUST so we can play again.  Still can't find any solution to this.  Is there a way to contact Mojang directly to ask them what it could be?

LiamYum
    LiamYum

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: LiamYum

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

WAIT WAIT!

This solution works!

If you didn't set the server to offline mode that is the problem!!!

To set offline mode goto your server folder open up server.properties and set online mode to false

HOPE this works Posted Image

brilor04
    brilor04

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yah...no dice again.  We even tried the latest snapshot and it still keeps coming up with the same error.  Anyone else have any bright ideas?  Is there anyway to contact anyone from Mojang?

Vaquinha
    Vaquinha

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: vaquinha

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Good morning,

I ended up in this topic by browsing to fix a similar problem on my home server, I finally solved it after a Homer Simpson "DOH" moment, but I've tried a few things that you might want to aswell.

1. First of all, a pretty obvious one. Check the (windows) firewall settings on both your client PC and the server. If you've updated java and the server the respective firewalls might see it as a new program trying to connect and block it. I'll assume this is all okay and move on to the next step.

2.  Second. You said you had issues with the last update aswell, so I assume you've not played the server for a while? Try pinging it. In windows this would be done by opening the command prompt and typing "ping **.**.**.***" where the *s are the server IP. See if it takes unusually long or there are any drops.

I'll just assume that works, and move on to the next step. If it doesn't work you have a network issue and you might want to have your network administrator look into more than just the minecraft server.

3. Are you using a white-list? Check if during the process of updating and whatever you might have tried the whitelist didn't get deleted or reset, if so: simply re-add the client names. While you're at it: Check the "banned IPs" aswell.

4.   Shut down the server. Go to where the Minecraft_Server.exe (or your OS' equivilant) is located on the server, take the entire "world" folder and cut it, then paste it somewhere safe like the desktop. Start the server again.

It should generate a new world now. See if you can connect to this blank world.

This is to see if there are any issues between your excisting world (created on an older server version) and your current server version.

I'll assume you still can't connect.

5. Copy the entire server folder from the current server, and temporarily put it on your client computer (the one you're playing from). Run Minecraft_Server.exe (or your OS' equivilant) again. Now start your client and go to multiplayer as usual. Add a new server or edit your current server, and instead of the server IP type "localhost". See if that works.

This will assure that it's *really* a problem with your minecraft server, and not your network or the computer the server is running on. If you can connect in this way it is either a network problem or a problem with the setup of the PC the server is running on, in which case, again: contact your server administrator and give him a swift foot-to-the-bum.

Let me know how this turns out for you, if none of the above fixes anything the outcome might tell me something else and I'll see if I have any more bright ideas.