• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

ERROR: Could not create the java virtual machine.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

fergstaz

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

ERROR: Could not create the java virtual machine.
ERROR: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit

I've been playing minecraft for a year perfectly, I started it this morning and gave me this error in a dialouge box. I tried running it with a modded, a vanilla, and no .minecraft folder at all. Always gives me this error! Please help!Posted Image
TALOS

Register or log in to remove.

CraftNinja2011

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Have you tried un-installing Java, then downloading the latest version?

fergstaz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yes
TALOS

CraftNinja2011

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Could you copy paste the entire errorlog? Or is that it?

..Also, you're not a Mac user are you? Because if so, then I will be able to redirect you to better help.

fergstaz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thats it, and it doesn't even open minecraft, its a dialouge box. Also I'm on windows.
TALOS

CraftNinja2011

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Go to cmd and copy/paste this (EXACTLY this):

java -debug -version > "%userprofile%\desktop\javaDebug.log" 2>&1

Press enter, wait 5 seconds, then attempt to type in the cmd box, if you can't type continue waiting, if you can type, then close the cmd and go to your desktop, then copy paste everything from the "javaDebug" file in this thread.

fergstaz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

java version "1.7.0_07"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_07-b10)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 23.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
TALOS

CraftNinja2011

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Damn it, it found no problems.

Obviously, have you made sure you have no viruses?

Did you do anything different or make any changes just before this issue cropped up?

fergstaz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

The only things I had done recently on my computer was download a game called slender, Also MCPatcher to patch a texture pack but when I patched it, thats whenj I opened my minecraft and got this error
TALOS

CraftNinja2011

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well, I have no idea, I suggest you restore your computer to before this started happening.

Go to "My Computer", then right click in the background of the window and select "properties", then choose "System protection" from the list on the left of the window, then select "System Restore" and continue through that process, make sure you select a date from before this problem started happening.

wolflover234

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Dont install the new one- Java 6 is the one you need. Java 7 is having bad problems, And it may or may not of caused this problem. I have this problem to. Un install java, Then re install java 6. *Make sure you install the one that goes to your computer, Meaning if you have 64 bit, Download 64 bit Java 6, If you have 32 bit then download java 32 bit 6* Im learning Java, But this sadly makes no sence to me. The message will change once you install java 6 to: "Could not create the java virtual machine". It's better *Im guessing, Due to the less errors.* But still wont let Minectraft run. Im not sure and I cant help you more then that >:C... Sorry. If I find an answer, I'll tell you C:<

Bmxracer073
  • Minecraft: armyman211
  • Xbox:Bmxracer073

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

*** Starting Minecraft ***
Minecraft version: 1.3.2
Minecraft.jar: minecraft 1.3.2.jar
Mods:
  ModLoader.zip
  AudioMod.zip
  GuiAPI-0.14.6-1.3.2.zip
  OptiFine_1.3.2_HD_U_A3.zip
  Recipe Book.zip
  Spawner GUI.zip
  Shelf.zip
  ArmorStand.zip
  TooManyItems2012_08_16_1.3.2.zip
Java path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java
Memory: 1024 MB
LauncherPath: /C:/Documents and Settings/tamos/Desktop/MagicLauncher_0.9.9.exe
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

This is the error i'm getting if it helps
Add me on xbox if you would like to see my server on minecraft 360 edition. Please have a mic and you are subject to booting based on our opinions.

theFriedZombie
  • Minecraft: theFriedZombie

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

wolflover234 and Bmxracer073 it looks like you are trying to start minecraft with more memory then is available on the system.

Can you post computer specifications or a dxdiag report?

Also next time start a new thread, instead of hijacking this one.

The3vil0ne

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

i have the same problem and when i type the command in CMD to find the problem it said this "Could not create the Java virtual machine.
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx###m -Xms###m
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx###m"

AshenEdict
  • Minecraft: AshenEdict

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

So, I found a rather idiotic solution. I just tested it several times and it works for me, but I have NO idea why. Just close all of your webpages and everything should work fine.

I usually just shut my PC down when it wasn't working and then opened it first thing because hey, maybe it just hasn't hit the error yet? Retarded logic, I know, but it seemed to work. Then, some times, it wouldn't work and then 45 minutes later BOOM! good and working. I found no rhyme or reason to this until I closed my browser to restart and hit MC by accident and, lo and behold, it opened. Then I opened my Chrome again, tried to open another MC and got the error, closed it and MC worked like a dream.

NO clue why this works, just seems to. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

P.S. - I just copied this and then closed my browser and it worked, opened it, pasted this message and was greeted with a virtual machine error.

Hope this helps /:

EDIT: ... and now it's working with my browser open as long as I keep the original one open... what?

theFriedZombie
  • Minecraft: theFriedZombie

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

@The3vil0ne
It looks like you set some java options that are wrong within the java control panel.
If you remove those, it should function again.

bluetiger6001

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Dahhhhh, my friend is having this same problem but he is an moronic baboon so I'm doing it for him but I'm using skype video call so it's really confusing :P.
Posted Image
Don't hate on Growlithe pretending to be a blue tiger. It wasn't my idea :(.

JakeTheGiratina1

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

i did all this and now the cursor in cmd prompt just blinks?

humperdink2

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I had the same issue. All I did was to go to uninstall java 7 update 7 from programs and features in the control panel. Now I can play Minecraft again.

Rio1203
    Rio1203

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: Rinto23

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postwolflover234, on 07 September 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Dont install the new one- Java 6 is the one you need. Java 7 is having bad problems, And it may or may not of caused this problem. I have this problem to. Un install java, Then re install java 6. *Make sure you install the one that goes to your computer, Meaning if you have 64 bit, Download 64 bit Java 6, If you have 32 bit then download java 32 bit 6* Im learning Java, But this sadly makes no sence to me. The message will change once you install java 6 to: "Could not create the java virtual machine". It's better *Im guessing, Due to the less errors.* But still wont let Minectraft run. Im not sure and I cant help you more then that >:C... Sorry. If I find an answer, I'll tell you C:<

Well this works in some cases but not for all;but anyway its worth a try.