Latest News Article

How to prevent slimes from spawning?

help slime

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Path_Of_Pie
  • Minecraft: Path_Of_Pie

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Ok, so as of 1.3.2, mobs can spawn on upside down slabs. Personally, I hate this, but I hate it even more for this reason: It is now IMPOSSIBLE to prevent slime spawns without having your entire base's floor regularly placed slabs, as far as I know. However... I am hoping there is a way to prevent them from spawning. Please help. :/
Perfection cannot be achieved, because it simply does not exist. But that does not mean it cannot be worked towards.

Register or log in to remove.

Talvias
    Talvias

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

As far as I know, slabs are the only way.

MCPhillip

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

Well there is ways to stop it I believe, you can either fill the chunk where slimes spawn with water or fill it up with blocks. I am pretty sure water prevents slime spawning and mobs. But it can be very hard to use water to stop slime spawning if the chunk is within a cave. Its such a shame that they can spawn on slabs now... It was more efficient when you could stop them with slabs but now you can't, you have to use a different alternative.

Path_Of_Pie
  • Minecraft: Path_Of_Pie

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostMCPhillip, on 02 September 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Well there is ways to stop it I believe, you can either fill the chunk where slimes spawn with water or fill it up with blocks. I am pretty sure water prevents slime spawning and mobs. But it can be very hard to use water to stop slime spawning if the chunk is within a cave. Its such a shame that they can spawn on slabs now... It was more efficient when you could stop them with slabs but now you can't, you have to use a different alternative.

I am aware that water prevents spawns, but that isn't exactly practical for your house...
Perfection cannot be achieved, because it simply does not exist. But that does not mean it cannot be worked towards.

MCPhillip

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostPath_Of_Pie, on 02 September 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

I am aware that water prevents spawns, but that isn't exactly practical for your house...
Yes but I don't use water for my house, I use it for preventing slimes and building waterfalls.