forge nuclear science atomic fusion fission power antimatter energy tech

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

Calclavia
  • Minecraft: calclavia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostStarwaster, on 21 December 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Velocity on the particle accelerator never gets above 10%-15%

I wasn't sure where it needed to go so I put it in the corner of the LHC where it would be shooting down the tube. I connected it to my fusion reactor and put a lever above the particle acclerrator and it started operating and consuming deuterium but it's not PRODUCING anything. I don't know what I should be seeing as far as velocity but it's not getting very high

Edit: Ok, I guess my Large Hardon collider became damaged at some point. Probably when I accidentally placed other LHC instant builders accidentally (thinking they were cobble) while building my reactor. So I scrapped that one and built another higher up away from all the other LHCs that were intersecting all OVER...

Hooked THAT one up to the fusion reactor wired it up and it's producing antimatter now.

So I guess the first one must have had either a stray magnet block or breaks from when I tried to manually repair the damage done by all the other LHCs.

So, let that be a lesson to you all. Don't accidentally plant more than one Large Hardon Collider.

Edit #2: Does anything happen if you put more than one particle accelerator? Maybe on the other side shooting down the opposing tube? Maybe with antimatter instead of deuterium so that you get a huge earth shattering kaboom???
I don't think it does anything for now but it should blow up.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

thepakman

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

View Postthepakman, on 21 December 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

This is an awesome mod!  The only thing is that i cant get is the particle accelerator to work.  I built it but how do i get it to produce anti-matter?

Turns out that i was putting the particle accelerator in the wrong place.  For everyone else's reference, put the accelerator in a conner of the LHC
Posted Image

supergameplayer

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

In an LHC, where do you place the particle accelerator?

Calclavia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

View Postsupergameplayer, on 22 December 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

In an LHC, where do you place the particle accelerator?
Corner
Posted Image

supergameplayer

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostCalclavia, on 22 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Corner
Do you inside corner of the outside corner?

Does it have to be inside the LHC?

Calclavia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

View Postsupergameplayer, on 22 December 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Do you inside corner of the outside corner?

Does it have to be inside the LHC?
Watch he video in the Particle Accelerator page.
Posted Image

Blacksmithkazuma

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

being new to mods like this I enjoy this alot. question is is this compatible with buildcraft? or something similiar, after reading a post on here about how this was a toned down version of tekkit, I gave tekkit a chance.. from what I gathered it still runs off of bukkit for 1.2.5... which I personally didnt like. so going back to this mod. So far I have only found out how to make power, and the Collider. I was wondering if there is ways or mods that allow to power homes? lights, etc. That sort of thing? Im only 3 days into the mod and the youtube vids have been helpfull just wonder what else I can do with this mod. Thanks XD

Calclavia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostBlacksmithkazuma, on 24 December 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

being new to mods like this I enjoy this alot. question is is this compatible with buildcraft? or something similiar, after reading a post on here about how this was a toned down version of tekkit, I gave tekkit a chance.. from what I gathered it still runs off of bukkit for 1.2.5... which I personally didnt like. so going back to this mod. So far I have only found out how to make power, and the Collider. I was wondering if there is ways or mods that allow to power homes? lights, etc. That sort of thing? Im only 3 days into the mod and the youtube vids have been helpfull just wonder what else I can do with this mod. Thanks XD
There are a lot of UE mods out there you can install with this mod to add more features.
Posted Image

Blacksmithkazuma

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostCalclavia, on 24 December 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

There are a lot of UE mods out there you can install with this mod to add more features.

Ill check them out, thanks

USSpectre1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hey there, I am trying to build a fusion reactor area. I have everything set up exactly as in the tutorial video on the Atomic Science websites manual page for the fusion reactor. My reactor's green square is spinning rapidly but no plasma is being produced, by turbines aren't spinning I am assuming because the water isn't being turned into steam. The only difference is that I am using copper wiring because I don't have any other wires from Universal Electricity.

Is this a problem anyone else is having or did I maybe set this up wrong?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

Here is a screenshot of my set up -
Posted Image

Calclavia

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostUSSpectre1, on 25 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Hey there, I am trying to build a fusion reactor area. I have everything set up exactly as in the tutorial video on the Atomic Science websites manual page for the fusion reactor. My reactor's green square is spinning rapidly but no plasma is being produced, by turbines aren't spinning I am assuming because the water isn't being turned into steam. The only difference is that I am using copper wiring because I don't have any other wires from Universal Electricity.

Thanks,
Corey

Posted Image
You forgot to put deuterium into the reactor.
Posted Image

TechnicModTester

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hi,
i like building with atomic science (fission reactors etc) but i have no real usage (except the furnace) for all the power it generates.
Would be nice to convert these kJ (from Universal Electricity) into EU (from Industrial Craft 2) or into Blulectric (from Redpower 2)
Or, if it is already possible, pls pn me someone, how i can build it in minecraft.
I am using the following tech mods:
Forge (6.5.0.467)
Basic Components (1.2.1)
Industrial Craft 2 (1.112.170-lf)
Atomic Science (0.2.9)
Build Craft (3.3.0)
Computer Craft (1.4.8)
Electric Expansion (0.4.9)
Redpower (2.0 Pre 6)
Power Craft 3.5.0 (Alpha E)

Thanks in advance
Posted Image

Calclavia

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostTechnicModTester, on 25 December 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hi,
i like building with atomic science (fission reactors etc) but i have no real usage (except the furnace) for all the power it generates.
Would be nice to convert these kJ (from Universal Electricity) into EU (from Industrial Craft 2) or into Blulectric (from Redpower 2)
Or, if it is already possible, pls pn me someone, how i can build it in minecraft.
I am using the following tech mods:
Forge (6.5.0.467)
Basic Components (1.2.1)
Industrial Craft 2 (1.112.170-lf)
Atomic Science (0.2.9)
Build Craft (3.3.0)
Computer Craft (1.4.8)
Electric Expansion (0.4.9)
Redpower (2.0 Pre 6)
Power Craft 3.5.0 (Alpha E)

Thanks in advance
You do realize there are other UE mods that provide machinery in game right :P
Posted Image

TechnicModTester

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostCalclavia, on 25 December 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

You do realize there are other UE mods that provide machinery in game right Posted Image
Wow, didn't thought, i got so fast a response, thanks for this =)
Of course, i know, but which? ICBM? Nukes? oh hell, no, nice work, just not my thing. ^^
+++ but - and that's the question - may it be possible to convert it into blulectric as example (sure i like redpower too, but solar panels, wind mills or thermopile or similar power generators from redpower arent my thing, that's too easy) used for blulectric engines, pumps, frame motors, etc.
Didn't found such a mod, which could store UE and gives blulectric, or otherwise stores blulectric and gives UE. i should ask eloraam also if she would make such converter?
Or...as far as i know, it's been planned to make redstone more analog (last minecraft news) so, it could be possible to convert UE in restone signal also.
Perhaps some expansion impressions for next versions of Universial Electricity and/or Atomic Science as well

Greetings from Germany
Spoiler:

Posted Image

USSpectre1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostCalclavia, on 25 December 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

You forgot to put deuterium into the reactor.

Thanks for the reply, actually I did have everything set up right, I forgot that it took 50kw being pumped in before it produced plasma, I didn't give it enough time to build up though.

Works great, excellent mod, I love ICBM :)

Thanks again,
Corey

Concorde214

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostUSSpectre1, on 25 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Thanks,
Corey

Posted Image
Put deuterium
Posted Image

Calclavia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostTechnicModTester, on 25 December 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Wow, didn't thought, i got so fast a response, thanks for this =)
Of course, i know, but which? ICBM? Nukes? oh hell, no, nice work, just not my thing. ^^
+++ but - and that's the question - may it be possible to convert it into blulectric as example (sure i like redpower too, but solar panels, wind mills or thermopile or similar power generators from redpower arent my thing, that's too easy) used for blulectric engines, pumps, frame motors, etc.
Didn't found such a mod, which could store UE and gives blulectric, or otherwise stores blulectric and gives UE. i should ask eloraam also if she would make such converter?
Or...as far as i know, it's been planned to make redstone more analog (last minecraft news) so, it could be possible to convert UE in restone signal also.
Perhaps some expansion impressions for next versions of Universial Electricity and/or Atomic Science as well

Greetings from Germany
Spoiler:
How about the mod Mekanism? Power Tools? Assembly Line? Basic Pipes? MFFS? Redpower compatibility will most likely never happen as Eloraam dislike people trying to be compatible with her.
Posted Image

Bdhalleck
  • Minecraft: Bdhalleck

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

having difficulty making the new large turbine. I set it up in a 3x3 square then right click center but it doesnt change
You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That's all.
Posted Image

Blacksmithkazuma

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Anyone having issues getting into the main website?

robertomamerto

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow