Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't connect to my own Tekkit server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TheTechie
  • Minecraft: BlueAndGray

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

I set up my own tekkit server a while ago, and it was working for a pretty long time, but suddenly it stopped working. I can connect to other servers, but not my own. What I am getting when I connect to my server is  "End Of Stream". I tried using my internal IP, localhost, changing the port, 0.0.0.0, everything. The server and client are both Tekkit 3.1.2. All mods are enabled on both ends. I also tried reinstalling the server. Any idea why this is happening? Oh and also, when I start the server, it starts fine. Please please help! Thanks in advance.

Register or log in to remove.

Nouish
    Nouish

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 769 posts
  • Minecraft: Nouish

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I've reached the "End of Stream" before, when the client/server is incompatible (ie. 1.3.2 client, 1.2.5 server). I'm talking vanilla, though.

- Quote my post if you want to make sure I read it -

- Mapping and Modding (rules) -

- Mods Discussion - Modification Development -

TheTechie
  • Minecraft: BlueAndGray

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostNouish, on 30 August 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

I've reached the "End of Stream" before, when the client/server is incompatible (ie. 1.3.2 client, 1.2.5 server). I'm talking vanilla, though.
Well, the server and client are both 1.2.5 and are also both 3.1.2... Hmm, I suppose a network problem connecting to my own computer or something? I could always transfer the file to make it a singleplayer tekkit world, though. I'll try that.

cats5647382910
  • Minecraft: cats5647382910

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

the same thing happened to me I just installed tekkit on my server and I got end of stream errors on tekkit and vanilla minecraft but it was working fine before
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/948108-11lord-of-the-blocks01/Posted Image[/url]

dapotato55

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

I have this same exact problem, I tried reinstalling technic launcher, and the tekkit server. Up until yesterday ( server has been running fine for two months) I have been able to join the server just fine, and others can still join it, but not me.

epic03
    epic03

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Me to i tryed reseting my hole server but it wont work HELP!!

Woody_99
    Woody_99

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have the same problem it was working for an hour then bam log off and cant get back on.

XxslyfoxbearxX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Try opening a singleplayer world. worked for me

MinecraftDork

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have a tekkit server on my pc as i want other people to connect to my server. i already have port forwarding setup. but when i connect using localhost i get a error and a loong list of mods i need, but have all the default mods that came with the server and on my client. What is the problem??

A_and_D_prod
  • Minecraft: duncandelano

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Check your tekkit version under options in the launcher, then check your server version. Are those the same?
And otherwise i whould suggest deleting your whole Tekkit folder(BACKUP YOUR WORLDS)...

Isaac Asimov said:

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'

John F. Kennedy said:

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.