• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft: Fatal Error Occured

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MatriX1001

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Whenever i need to force update my minecraft INSTANTLY shows a message saying Fatal error occurred (4): Unable to download lwjgl.jar. This is becoming a real problem for me and the only way i can play is by playing my current version, which gets boring since i want to play multiplier LAN. I've also been noticing that almost everything that is java related will not work for example; one time when i TRIED to launch the Technic Launcher it would stay stuck on my screen forever, so i would have to end the task via Task Manger.

I just want to know what the problem is...

I think it's my laptop as my minecraft works perfectly on my brother's laptop...

Laptop specs;

Operating System: 32-bit(Windows)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 430 @2.27GHz
Ram: 4.00GB( 3.17 GB usable)

Register or log in to remove.

Hidinginthelight

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Save the batch file from this thread: http://www.minecraft...aft-error-test/

Run that, post the results back here.

MatriX1001

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostHidinginthelight, on 28 August 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Save the batch file from this thread: http://www.minecraft...aft-error-test/

Run that, post the results back here.

Thanks!
Trying it right now :P

MatriX1001

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

It opens up my minecraft in a java version; but it doesn't force update ): Is this the only way or are there others?

Hidinginthelight

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

I actually wanted to see all the info that showed up in the console window that opens.

That's what I was looking for you to post. =)

MatriX1001

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostHidinginthelight, on 28 August 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

I actually wanted to see all the info that showed up in the console window that opens.

That's what I was looking for you to post. =)

Oh Alrighty I'll post the results of me launching and closing minecraft

Spoiler:

Hidinginthelight

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Well, it's connecting like it should, and java is up to date.
Have you tried..

Wait first, make a backup of your .minecraft folder. After making a backup.

Delete the .minecraft folder.
Run the launcher (Minecraft.exe)

If it still gives you the same error, try deleting minecraft.exe, and redownloading it from the Minecraft site.

If that still doesn't work, try disabling your virus scanner and firewall (If you run one other then Windows Firewall) and running Minecraft.exe again.

If that still doesn't work, restore your back up I had you make first. It's 6:30 in the morning, I'm going to bed, so that's the last bit of help I can offer now. Posted Image

Stoonrox
    Stoonrox

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

I get kida the same problem, but I get it from FML (forge mod loader). I download the forge right like i always do, but now, when i try to start up the minecraft, it says this message '' There was a fatal error starting up minecraft and FML. Minecraft cannot launch in this current configuration. Please consult the file 'somethingsomething/something' for further information.''
One of the problems with this is that i tried to find that folder, but its not there. Can someone please help meeeeh?Posted Image