11 replies to this topic

Cyanid
    Cyanid

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2980 posts
  • Minecraft: Scartail

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

i downloaded some texture packs and tried to use them. i zipped them and put then in the textures folder, then i opened up minecraft and chose the texture pack, and nothing changed. the icon for it was grey and the same as the default icon.

any suggestions?

Register or log in to remove.

Cyanid
    Cyanid

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2980 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

sorry, please ignore this, i found out i just had to put the textures in a folder with the minecraft app.

Cpt. Corn
    Cpt. Corn

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1540 posts
  • Minecraft: CornTheHorn

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

I fixed this problem today, come check it out. However, biome compliancy does not work on Mac. (so Notch needs to fix this.)

So gray grass and leaves, no more!

Edit: I just read your earlier post, I thought you originally wanted a fix to your gray grass and leaves... but I didn't know you meant the icon.   :Frame:
Posted Image

Cyanid
    Cyanid

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2980 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

and on top of the icon being gray, the textures didn't change at all

anyway i'll just have to stick with this one texture pack for a while and do like i did before the texture loader

HagenBraun

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

Textures do normally work on a mac, too. What pack did you use?
Posted Image

Cyanid
    Cyanid

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2980 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

first i used painterly, didn't work
then i used eld's, didn't work
then i used pokecraft, didn't work

ow i'm using eld's and i put it right in the folder with minecraft, so i can't change it

HagenBraun

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Scartail said:

first i used painterly, didn't work
then i used eld's, didn't work
then i used pokecraft, didn't work

ow i'm using eld's and i put it right in the folder with minecraft, so i can't change it

When you say right in the folder with minecraft, you do mean the folder at Library/Application Support/minecraft/texture packs, right? Because that is where the .zip goes.
Posted Image

mistahnuff

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

First, If you unzipped the files thats where you went wrong. You leave the file zipped and put the zip into the textures folder.

Secondly, If any of them are over the normal 16x16(32x32, 64x64, etc.) you need to patch them first using xau's hd patcher.

hope that helps!
minecraft, Legos for adults.

Hogwing
    Hogwing

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Minecraft: Hogwing

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

Did you put the folder with the textures inside a zipped folder? If you did that may be your problem the terrain.png(along of the other folders and images) should be directly in the zip, not inside of a folder inside the zip. This might not be your problem, but I know it's happened to me and I hope it helps.

mistahnuff

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

^This makes it sound really confusing. Literally all you need to do after you download the file(mytexture.zip) is drag the file(mytexture.zip) to your minecraft textures folder.

step 1 download texture
step 2 move downloaded .zip to textures folder
step 3 profit

However, If the file is a higher resolution than the normal 16x16 you'll need to patch it first.
minecraft, Legos for adults.

Vilborg
    Vilborg

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2769 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

Extract non-working zip to a folder.  Go in.  Select all files.  RIght click on all files.  Compress.  Move resulting archive to the /texturepacks folder.

K_Kinnison said:

If i were a mod, i would be destroying threads like a creeper at a hug-a-thon

Meddyan said:

That's right, this elevator is powered by MURDER and ANIMAL CRUELTY.

Denn said:

Manly blood is both highly acidic AND highly basic, but I'm glad to see you're paying attention.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

juicy_fru1t

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

No...if you own a mac, like I do...you download the latest Xau's HD texture pack fix..it's the easiest way to download the packs. Watch my tutorial if you want to....but it's self-explanatory. You don't unzip the file, you leave it, put it in your desktop, then open the fixer up, and follow the directions. Boom.

In case you need a tutorial: