• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] 32x32 Conquest (WIP weekly updates)

john smith texture dark light medivial contrast conquest based rustic

• Please log in to reply
1524 replies to this topic

Poll: Advanced biomespecific gravelslab (198 member(s) have cast votes)

have the dirtslab return as a biomespecific version for the gravel slab. also add other gravelslab variants for other biomes aka sand in deserts and podzol in megataiga etc.

1. oh yes plz! (128 votes [64.65%])

Percentage of vote: 64.65%

2. not sure i dont want to risk messing stuff up (50 votes [25.25%])

Percentage of vote: 25.25%

3. hell no thats too complicated (17 votes [8.59%])

Percentage of vote: 8.59%

4. other (answer in the thread) (3 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

monsterfisher
  • Minecraft: Monsterfish_

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

POPULAR

You need to use Optifine or Mcpatcher together with this Resourcepack!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Optifine/McPatcher required!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not convinced yet?  Check out these Videos

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Custom sounds

Since im not the type of guy who takes other peoples work,

to make profit with it here is a free for personal use music,from the game Stronghold.

You can officially download it from here for free.Or use this conveniently placed button,to

download and already to the .ogg format converted and renamed version of the music,that

you simply unzip and place inside your../assets/minecraft/musicdictionary.

Posted Image

How to use custom sounds.

In order to use custom sounds i added to conquest you have to use the ingame command

/playsound [Name of the sound] [@p/a/r/personname] [location of where the sound is played from [x] [y] [z]] [loudness] [pitch}.

This command can either be used in chat or with comandblocks

List of all the currently available soundnames

Spoiler:

Modsupport

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler:

For the expert builders and worldedit users out there i

have some cool metadata textures in the pack (you can place them with //set, /lrbuild

and /replace etc. -if youareplaying on a server i recommend this plugin for better access to

the metadatablocks) click here for referencesheet and here for the biomespecific texturesheet. Most Images are from my builds on ravand.org.Feel

free to pass by and have a look for yourself.

An ongoing list of projects using Conquest can be found here

(additionsuggestions are welcome )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Conquest32x32 byStefan Krein is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at

http://www.ravand.or...Permission.jpg.

If you want to use my work as a serverpack make sure to stick to the following guidelines:

do not use ingame prompts to the download of the pack (rehosting on your sever), you can simply have a clickable link show in chat that leads to the official pack download.

If you want to put custom content in the pack, you can make an addon pack that server users can load on top of conquest (that way they can always be uptodate to conquest without having to wait for you to update your custom version).0QhkY1g-wE8

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

neoix
    neoix

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3988 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Oh my god...
This is pretty amazing, it's not very often that a pack that's this good comes along Posted Image Also you got permissions, not many people do that Posted Image
Posted Image

AnonymousBagel

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Great edit, this looks like something special. Good luck on the project!

monsterfisher

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

thanks alot.
yeah i was really happy when he gave me the permission.
I mean i would have released it afterall but only after editing his textures out luckily i did not need to delay it more =)

Posted Image

Goodlyay
    Goodlyay

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2532 posts
  • Minecraft: goodlyay

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

monsterfisher said:

<snip> but if you want me to stay motivated and reward me for the work
i put in already, there is a adf.ly <snip>

42and19 said:

First, if you are thinking this your motivation for making a pack is wrong. Your primary motivation for making a texture pack SHOULD be because you like it to make textures. Your second motivation should be because you want to make a pack for yourself. THEN it should be to make a pack for others. If you do not have this in the right order you WILL get burnt out and quit.

That is all really. great pack by the way! :D

"Posted Image"

~Alvoria

monsterfisher

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

thanks man its my pleasure

View PostGoodlyay, on 27 August 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

monsterfisher said:

<snip> but if you want me to stay motivated and reward me for the work
i put in already, there is a adf.ly <snip>

42and19 said:

First, if you are thinking this your motivation for making a pack is wrong. Your primary motivation for making a texture pack SHOULD be because you like it to make textures. Your second motivation should be because you want to make a pack for yourself. THEN it should be to make a pack for others. If you do not have this in the right order you WILL get burnt out and quit.

That is all really. great pack by the way! Posted Image

reading that again makes me sound kind of cheap =/
But dont get me wrong, even if i dont get any money for it i wont abandon the pack. I had too much fun working on it.
On the other hand for an artist its always a beautiful thing to get some reward for what he worked for. :]

Posted Image

creeperfighter3
  • Location: North-West Yorkshire, England... Because I win at life
  • Minecraft: bluefighter3

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Did you get permission from ovocean? Because I know that lapis block any day. It's from ovo's rustic.

I'm a texture pack artist. Not a very good one, but an artist just the same. Here's the pack I'm working on. http://www.minecraft.../#entry12746144

monsterfisher

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

youre right its a resized version of the original ovos rustic pack lapisblock
but as you may know hes abandoned his texturepack and is out of reach for me to contact him
On top of it all its a texture that will be replaced in the future afterall. just to clear it out beforehand the mobs that im replacing at the moment are from misas pack (creeper, golem, dragon, zombie and spider are replaced already by my own textures). Those are all the leftovers from the time where the pack was personal use only. Since i released it now, all those will be replaced as soon as possible to not get profit from other peoples work.

Posted Image

creeperfighter3

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

View Postmonsterfisher, on 27 August 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

youre right its a resized version of the original ovos rustic pack lapisblock
but as you may know hes abandoned his texturepack and is out of reach for me to contact him
On top of it all its a texture that will be replaced in the future afterall. just to clear it out beforehand the mobs that im replacing at the moment are from misas pack. Those are all the leftovers from the time where the pack was personal use only. Since i released it now, all those will be replaced as soon as possible to not get profit from other peoples work.
He's back you know. http://www.minecraft...ack-redemption/ He's posted multiple times in this continuation of his pack. (And I was a part of it.) You're still going to need permission. And okay, glad you don't plan to profit from other people's work. It's happened many times before.

I'm a texture pack artist. Not a very good one, but an artist just the same. Here's the pack I'm working on. http://www.minecraft.../#entry12746144

monsterfisher

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

ow i see

Since i was so busy with working on my pack that went right past me =/
hm as it may be its still a placeholder ill see what i can do in terms of permission and/or replacing it much sooner.
If it bugs me too much it could be replaced by tomorrow, despite my goal of finishing mobs first.

Posted Image

monsterfisher

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Update
  • Replaced the Lapis Lazuli Block with a selfmade but in style similar texture
  • added all 6 villagerskins
feel free to try it out, comment and have fun

_
Monster

Posted Image

creeperfighter3

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

It would be nice to post the new lapis and villagers.

monsterfisher

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

hehe alright check this out

Posted Image
Note that i kept the lapis very close to the original style my plan is to show ovo the textures and ask him about wether or not it okay to keep them like that or change them even more. through i have to say myself that the top one is way to close so i will have to rework him afterall

Posted Image

monsterfisher

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Update
  • added new Grass texture with 7 random faces
  • updated the villagerskins to clean it up a little
Posted Image

feel free to try it out, comment and have fun

_
Monster

Posted Image

Seradicus
    Seradicus

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Minecraft: lo0katmyname

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Well, you certainly did a fantastic job of recreating JohnSmith's style.
I don't feel that the remade lapis really fits, though.

Also, your new grass picture is a bit hard to see. A closer shot could do it justice.

monsterfisher

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

The thing with the lapis is that i really like the style it has, but i agree that it looks kind of odd together with the other textures,
thats mainly because it has such a high saturation compared to the rest, i will try something different today in order to make it fit better.

who knows maybe there will be something good coming out of it.

(updated the image)

Posted Image

GrassyFilth
    GrassyFilth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1178 posts
  • Location: North-East Yorkshire, England... Because I win at life
  • Minecraft: fredg01

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Very nice, very detailed.... that last picture in the OP is amazing, I really like that desert-y feel.
Some of the villagers do look.......kinda derpy, I guess :)

Posted Image

Check it out!↑↑ I'll give you a cookie. Promise.

I smile because I have no idea whats going on.

monsterfisher

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

the picture was actually taken from our serverspawn where we were working on pretty hard (me and 2 friends) its a complete arabic city which has like way too many houses ;) that still need furniture you can come over and check it out at ravand.org:25565 =)

;) yeah theylook kind of derpy but i actually like it alot they have a kind of serious but also derpy feel to them mainly because of the noses? :D

Posted Image

Zakristone

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

You got permission to use adf.ly?

monsterfisher

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

i have put a link in the describtion that shows my conversation with john smith  and that he gave me the permission but only under the agreement that i will replace his once as soon as possible which im doing at the moment Posted Image

Posted Image