The sprinting system in Minecraft always felt unfinished and unrefined, but don't worry - Better Sprinting is here to save it and add a bunch of extra glitter!
List of features
- Sprint (hold) key which allows you to sprint
- Sprint (toggle) key which when pressed, toggles between sprinting and walking
- Sneak (toggle) key which when pressed, toggles sneaking
- Sprint menu key to quickly access Better Sprinting settings ingame (default: O)
- Option to turn on/off double tapping W
- Flying boost when sprinting while flying in creative mode*
- Option to enable or disable sprinting in all directions*
- Option to disable mod's functionalities (you can turn off the mod if a server doesn't allow it)
- Update notifications (Forge version only)
- Compatibility with many popular mods, such as Forge, Optifine and SPC
* Flying boost in survival mode (/fly, spectating games and such), and sprinting in all directions is disabled by default, but you can enable it on your server - visit the !! How to enable flying boost and/or sprinting in all directions on a server !! section below
Warning regarding 1.7.2
Several of the features broke with this update, and will take some time to get recovered. Forge version will have priority regarding updates and new features, I do not suggest using jar versions.
Showcase of v11 by TheNoGoodMiner
Showcase of v7 by setosorcerer
Showcases of older versions
Download Forge versions (1.7.2 or newer)
All of these require PlayerAPI Core.
1.7.2 Forge (testrelease 1.0) - adfly
See spoiler for old versions and non-adfly links:
Download jar versions and old Forge versions
1.7.2 SSP (v13) - vanilla (adfly)
1.7.2 SSP (v12) - vanilla (adfly)
1.6.4 SSP (v11) - vanilla (adfly) forge (adfly)
See spoiler for old versions and non-adfly links:
If you want, you can help out by donating! The link goes to my website and redirects to PayPal. Thanks!
New version 14 January 2014
- Redesigned Toggle Sneak w/ menus and inventories
New version 31 December 2013
- Adapted to 1.7
- Option to disable the mod's functionalities
- Ingame info for each option
How to install
1.7.2 or newer (forge)
1. Make sure you have Forge installed and ran Minecraft at least once
2. Go to mods folder
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Minecraft/mods
3. Download Forge version of Better Sprinting, open the .zip file in an archiving software (I suggest WinRAR) and put the BetterSprinting.zip file into the mods folder
4. Download PlayerAPI Core, and follow the installation tutorial there.
1.6.1 or newer (vanilla)
Because installation got a bit harder, I also made a video tutorial.
If you have Mac and the tutorial didn't work for you, watch this general mod installation guide.
1. Go to versions folder
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Minecraft/versions
2. Find a folder with version you want to install Better Sprinting to (I'll use 1.6.1 as an example in the tutorial)
3. Copy the folder and rename it to 1.6.1_sprint
4. Go inside the folder, and rename 1.6.1.jar and 1.6.1.json to 1.6.1_sprint.jar and 1.6.1_sprint.json
5. Open 1.6.1_sprint.jar in an archiving software (I suggest WinRAR)
6. Download the mod and copy all files into the .jar file
7. Delete folder META-INF from the .jar file
8. Open 1.6.1_sprint.json in any text editor
9. Find "id": "1.6.1", and change it to "id": "1.6.1_sprint"
10. Run the new launcher, press Edit profile, select release 1.6.1_sprint version and Save profile. Then you're ready to go!
Installing old versions with other mods
Some of the mods don't work with old versions of Better Sprinting, here is a list of fixes:
Install both Better Sprinting and Player API in any order, then download a fix and install it.
1.5.2: adfly / mediafire
1.5.1: adfly / mediafire
Install both mods, and then a fix made by djmati11. Capecraft is available here.
1.5, v7: download fix
1.4.7, v7: download fix
How to enable flying boost and/or sprinting in all directions on a server
Download Better Sprinting settings, open the .zip file in an archiving software and install the .jar file inside as a regular plugin (put the .jar file into /plugins/ folder and restart the server). Now, the OPs can use this command to change the server-side settings:
/bs <enable|disable> <flyBoostInSurvival|sprintInAllDirs>
Example: /bs enable sprintInAllDirs will enable sprinting in all directions
Troubleshooting (how to make a report)
If you encounter any problems with the mod, please include following information in your report:
- other mods you have installed, and in which order
- version of Minecraft (and Forge if installed) and version of Better Sprinting you downloaded
- crash report, if the game crashes/blackscreens
This will make fixing problems much faster!
Terms and conditions
You are allowed to:
- Use the mod, create videos and screenshots
- Share the mod by reffering to this topic or the official website (http://chylex.fo2.cz...etter-sprinting)
- Decompile and modify the mod for personal use
- Add the mod into a modpack after you send me a private message with modpack name & mod list (private modpacks below 20 players don't need to)
- Reupload the mod or a modification of it
- Claim the mod or any part of it as yours
- Profit on the mod in any way
Enjoy the mod!
If you want to share it, you can put this amateur banner I made into your signature
If you find any bugs, please, tell me and I'll fix them as fast as I can .
If you want to know about every updates and new mods, follow me on twitter:
I also wouldn't mind if you voted up this post. It gives me lot of motivation. Thanks.