Current sprinting system is buggy, people have problems with it, so I created a mod, that allows you to bind sprinting to a key! Great thing about it is, that it's compatible with most mods that change options, like Optifine! Only incompatibilities are with mods, that change behavior of player entity.
List of features
- Sprint (hold) key which allows you to sprint
- Sprint (toggle) key which when pressed, toggles between sprinting and walking
- Sneak (toggle) key which when pressed, toggles sneaking
- Sprint menu key to quickly access Better Sprinting settings ingame
- Option to turn on/off double tapping W
- Flying boost when sprinting while flying in creative mode*
- Option to enable or disable sprinting in all directions*
* Flying boost in survival mode (/fly, spectating games and such), and sprinting in all directions is disabled by default, but you can enable it on your server - visit the !! How to enable flying boost and/or sprinting in all directions on a server !! section below
Reviews of older versions
Reviews of v7
1.5.2 SSP (v9) - adfly
1.5.1 SSP (v9) - adfly
1.5.1 SSP (v8) - adfly
See spoiler for old versions and non-adfly links:
New version 24 March 2013
- Option for server admins to enable flying boost and sprinting in all directions!
- Added modified EntityPlayerSP class detection with a warning
New version 21 March 2013 - flying boost works only in creative mode (it used to work in survival mode with flying enabled)
New version 22 January 2013
- Full compatibility with Forge
- New screen for settings, accessible by Controls menu and customizable key (default O)
- Customizable speed of flying boost, up to 8x
- Option to allow sprinting in all directions (SSP only)
- YOU WILL LOSE CURRENT SPRINTING SETTINGS, DON'T FORGET TO REBIND THE KEYS!
New version 20 December 2012 - added 'Flying boost' option in controls menu (on/off)
New version 15 November 2012 - partial Forge compatibility (read the last paragraph in Description), improved delay with sprinting having double tapping w on, flying speed increased if sprinting
New version 26 August 2012 - added possibility to double tap W back (optional in controls menu)
New version 13 July 2012 - added toggle sneak option
New version 8 June 2012 - added toggle sprint option, expanded controls menu
Updated 10 May 2012 - sprinting is saved into sprint.txt
How to install (playing w/ the current launcher)
How to install (playing w/ the new dev launcher)
!! How to enable flying boost and/or sprinting in all directions on a server !!
Installing with other mods
Troubleshooting (how to make a report)
Terms and conditions
Help out by donating! Goes to my website, from which it redirects to PayPal.
Hope you enjoy this mod! If you find any bugs, please, tell me and I'll fix them as fast as I can .
If you want to know about every updates and new mods, follow me on twitter:
I also wouldn't mind if you voted up this post. It gives me lot of motivation. Thanks.