• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Iron Golem won't lose aggro

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

LongStuff

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Ive recently created my own village and populated it with villagers, I had too many villagers so I killed a few, now the 2 iron golems I had wont stop trying to attack me, Ive even killed both, and made another two, but they just wont lose aggro against me, is there a way to stop them from attacking me while im trying to expand the village?
-Thanks in advance.

Register or log in to remove.

MultiDarkShadow777
  • Minecraft: rjlefty96

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Re-login to the world?

LongStuff

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostMultiDarkShadow777, on 27 August 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Re-login to the world?
Already tried that, still hasnt fixed it :(

Metalwario
  • Minecraft: Seth_Reed

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

Weird. Usually if I run away a long way, wait a few moments, then go back, they forget all about me killing off a couple villagers. I'm assuming you've tried this already though?

Posted Image

LongStuff

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostMetalwario, on 27 August 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Weird. Usually if I run away a long way, wait a few moments, then go back, they forget all about me killing off a couple villagers. I'm assuming you've tried this already though?
Yeah, Im not sure about the distance though, is there a certain distance or something? also sometimes they dont even come after me, but after a while of hanging around the villagers they start flailing their arms at me.

Metalwario

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Usually I think it's to the point where they stop chasing you (you get too far away for them to see you anymore). It may have changed with 1.3.1. I remember in 1.2.5 when something like this would happen, I'd just run away from the village for a minute or two, and then they'd lose interest in attacking me. Haven't tried this in 1.3.2 yet.

Posted Image

LongStuff

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostMetalwario, on 27 August 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Usually I think it's to the point where they stop chasing you (you get too far away for them to see you anymore). It may have changed with 1.3.1. I remember in 1.2.5 when something like this would happen, I'd just run away from the village for a minute or two, and then they'd lose interest in attacking me. Haven't tried this in 1.3.2 yet.
Damit haha, Ive had to put it on peaceful so they dont kill me and knock me up while im building. Posted Image

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Let them kill you as penance for your sins?
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

LongStuff

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostSefirah, on 27 August 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Let them kill you as penance for your sins?
Never! Im building them their own village! they should sacrifice themselves for me when I wish it!
But on a serious note; if they kill me would that reset their aggro?

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

In theory it totally should. But it's clearly buggy to begin with, so maybe not.
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Unilegger
    Unilegger

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5809 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

Are you on the snapshots?
If so, having a low reputation will cause iron golem to attack you.

Posted Image

LongStuff

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostSefirah, on 27 August 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

In theory it totally should. But it's clearly buggy to begin with, so maybe not.
Well Ive confirmed it, I still pull aggro even after Ive allowed them to kill me Posted Image must be a bug?

View PostUnileggerDripper222, on 27 August 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

Are you on the snapshots?
If so, having a low reputation will cause iron golem to attack you.
And yeah the 12w34b snapshot. Im guessing thats what the -ve clouds have something to do with it? how would I improve this? by trading?

Metalwario

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Ah the snapshot! Yeah there seems to be some sorta reputation thing with villagers in the new snapshots lol. That's more than likely why they keep attacking you. Maybe you should find a new village lmao.
Trading might work, though I can't say for sure. I've yet to mess with the snapshots.

Posted Image

Unilegger
    Unilegger

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5809 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

To fix this, maybe trade with your villagers, make more houses, and kill the iron golems first.

Posted Image

Iamawesomererthanyou

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Are they Naturally spawned golems?If you get a rep of -15 the golems will be aggressive to you

What i think when i see a dragon cave signature:

Click my egg so it can grow,click my baby to make it grow,click my adult to make it become old,click my old dragon to make it die of old age!

darian2002

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

That's funny, I have the exact opposite problem. iron golems won't ever attack me. Ever!

minecrafisawesome:D
  • Minecraft: mikyikey177

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postdarian2002, on 27 March 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

That's funny, I have the exact opposite problem. iron golems won't ever attack me. Ever!

Y U NECRO?

IronMagus

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

View Postdarian2002, on 27 March 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Player-created golems will never attack the player that created them, ever.  (I'm not sure if they will attack other players, or not.)  Naturally-spawned golems are easy to anger, just hit one of them or their villagers.  If you want them to stay angry at you, kill a lot of villagers.  Attacking villagers hurts your "reputation"; killing them hurts it even more.  When your reputation falls below -15 (it starts at 0 and ranges from +10 to -30) then the town's golem(s) will become hostile towards you without any further provocation.

Reputation is on a per-player, and per-village basis.  For example, you could be well-liked in one village, and hated in another, while two different players could have different reputations in the same village.  Here is a chart (pulled from the wiki) that shows what actions affect your reputation, and by how much:

Posted Image
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

Mikehell
    Mikehell

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I had the same problem after I culled the villagers who had trades I didn't like. If you are letting new golems spawn in naturally or use a spawn egg they will continue to be agro but if you CONSTRUCT a new golem with Iron blocks and a pumpkin it will not attack you.

Iamawesomererthanyou

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

dat necro

What i think when i see a dragon cave signature:

Click my egg so it can grow,click my baby to make it grow,click my adult to make it become old,click my old dragon to make it die of old age!