• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Error: Could not create Java Virtual Machine. & Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Bed_Sheets

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

I know nothing about what i have to do, the stuff i tried to find on the net was no use, i need some help, please.

Java Virtual Machine:
Error: Could not create Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Specs:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
Intel® Core™ Duo CPU
E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

help please ^^;

Register or log in to remove.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Minecraft: Novicode
  • Xbox:Novicode

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

You don't have enough RAM to run java. Close backround programs or download this.
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo, 8 Cores, H80i Liquid Cooled) | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB | 8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM | Windows 7 | Dual Monitor | Intel 330 Maple Crest SSD | Dual Western Digital 1TB Drives

Bed_Sheets

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostNovicode, on 26 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

You don't have enough RAM to run java. Close backround programs or download this.

That doesn't make sense since i used to play MInecraft earlier this month on the same computer that i am using right now.

Game booster doesn't work either (I just tried it) it still gives me the same launch issues, i can still play it via browser but i don't wish to do that since its not as good.

Chained Soul
  • Minecraft: ChainedSoul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

That doesn't exactly make much logical sense considering the game would still boot up, just run slow. I can get the game to boot up on my netbook with 1GB of RAM. It just runs so slow that it's unplayable, but it'd still boot up. The problem is clearly not a lack of RAM, plus 2GB is enough to run the game, I have plenty of friends with builds that utilize 2GB of RAM that can run it just fine.

The problem is clearly with Java or something that is interfering with Java.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostChained Soul, on 26 August 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

That doesn't exactly make much logical sense considering the game would still boot up, just run slow. I can get the game to boot up on my netbook with 1GB of RAM. It just runs so slow that it's unplayable, but it'd still boot up. The problem is clearly not a lack of RAM, plus 2GB is enough to run the game, I have plenty of friends with builds that utilize 2GB of RAM that can run it just fine.

The problem is clearly with Java or something that is interfering with Java.

Not always. It's like when minecraft runs out of memory even though you have plenty. Yes, it is no doubt an issue with Java (Duh) but if memory isn't the problem then I don't know what is. Do you use a special launcher or anything? I used to get this sometimes with the MultiMC launcher if I didn't have enough memory.

View PostBed_Sheets, on 26 August 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

That doesn't make sense since i used to play MInecraft earlier this month on the same computer that i am using right now.

What I mean is you might have a ton of memory hogging programs running in the backround so that there isn't even enough free for java to boot the game.
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo, 8 Cores, H80i Liquid Cooled) | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB | 8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM | Windows 7 | Dual Monitor | Intel 330 Maple Crest SSD | Dual Western Digital 1TB Drives

Chained Soul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostNovicode, on 26 August 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Not always. It's like when minecraft runs out of memory even though you have plenty. Yes, it is no doubt an issue with Java (Duh) but if memory isn't the problem then I don't know what is. Do you use a special launcher or anything? I used to get this sometimes with the MultiMC launcher if I didn't have enough memory.

What I mean is you might have a ton of memory hogging programs running in the backround so that there isn't even enough free for java to boot the game.

If you didn't know what the problem is, don't try and say it's related to memory. If the issue was with memory it would say there is not enough memory.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostChained Soul, on 26 August 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

If you didn't know what the problem is, don't try and say it's related to memory. If the issue was with memory it would say there is not enough memory.

Do YOU know what the issue is? I don't think so.

Chained Soul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostNovicode, on 26 August 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Do YOU know what the issue is? I don't think so.

Actually I have a good idea of what is causing it, it's something to do with Java and his configuration, but it is CLEARLY not a hardware issue. It's a software one. Take it from someone who works with hardware all the time, this issue is clearly with a software issue considering he mentioned he can run the game in a browser meaning he CLEARLY has the hardware to run it considering running it in the browser takes up more RAM.

If the problem was a lack of memory he would get a message telling him he does not have enough memory from Windows.

Bricolita

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I have the same problème.
I tried withGame booster, but the problem is still there.

This is the repport when i try to start the game from minecraft.net :

Can you help please ?

Plug-in Java 10.6.2.24
Utilisation de la version JRE 1.7.0_06-b24 Java HotSpot™ Client VM
Répertoire d'origine de l'utilisateur = C:\Users\Utilisateur
----------------------------------------------------
c:   effacer la fenêtre de la console
f:   finaliser les objets de la file d'attente de finalisation
g:   nettoyer la mémoire
h:   afficher ce message d'aide
l:   vider la liste des chargeurs de classes
m:   imprimer le relevé d'utilisation de la mémoire
o:   déclencher la journalisation
q:   masquer la console
r:   recharger la configuration des règles
s:   vider les propriétés système et de déploiement
t:   vider la liste des threads
v:   vider la pile des threads
x:   effacer le cache de chargeurs de classes
0-5: fixer le niveau de trace à <n>
----------------------------------------------------
cache: Initialize resource manager: com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl@1c9d17e
security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.
security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws
security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws
security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
security: property package.definition value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.
security: property package.definition new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws
security: property package.definition value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws
security: property package.definition new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
security: property package.definition value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
security: property package.definition new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp,org.mozilla.jss
security: property package.definition value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
security: property package.definition new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.utils.,com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.utils.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp,org.mozilla.jss
security:  --- parseCommandLine converted : -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false
into:
[-Xmx1024M, -Xms1024M, -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true, -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true, -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false, -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false, -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false]
basic: Processus d'écoute de progression ajouté : sun.plugin.util.ProgressMonitorAdapter@16e2e5
basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for https://s3.amazonaws...v=1345124077000
security: Accès aux clés et au certificat dans le profil utilisateur Mozilla : null
security: JSS nest pas configuré
network: Entrée de cache introuvable [URL : [url="https://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftDownload/launcher/MinecraftLauncher.jar?v=1345124077000"]https://s3.amazonaws...v=1345124077000[/url], version : null]
network: Connexion de https://s3.amazonaws...v=1345124077000 avec proxy=DIRECT
network: Connexion de http://s3.amazonaws.com:443/ avec proxy=DIRECT

And after the error message is : ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.Launcher.

Excuse my english, please, i'm french....

Chained Soul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostBricolita, on 26 August 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

I have the same problème.
I tried withGame booster, but the problem is still there.

This is the repport when i try to start the game from minecraft.net :

Can you help please ?

And after the error message is : ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.Launcher.

Excuse my english, please, i'm french....

If you could get me that same report in English it might be more help to me.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostChained Soul, on 26 August 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Actually I have a good idea of what is causing it, it's something to do with Java and his configuration, but it is CLEARLY not a hardware issue. It's a software one. Take it from someone who works with hardware all the time, this issue is clearly with a software issue considering he mentioned he can run the game in a browser meaning he CLEARLY has the hardware to run it considering running it in the browser takes up more RAM.

If the problem was a lack of memory he would get a message telling him he does not have enough memory from Windows.

I never said it was a hardware issue, but you're right. It can't be low on memory if it launches from browser. Try moving your .minecraft folder somewhere safe so when you load minecraft (force update) so it makes a new one.

View PostChained Soul, on 26 August 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

If you could get me that same report in English it might be more help to me.

He said:

Java Plug-in 10.6.2.24
Using JRE version 1.7.0_06-the b24 Java HotSpot ™ Client VM
Home directory of the user = C: \ Users \ User
-------------------------------------------------- -
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on the finalization queue
g: clean up memory
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print the record of memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
-------------------------------------------------- -
cache: Initialize resource manager: @ com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl 1c9d17e
security: property value package.access
security: property package.access new value
security: property value package.definition
security: property package.definition new value
security: --- ParseCommandLine converted:-Xmx1024M-Xms1024m-Dsun.java2d.noddraw-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground = true = true = false-Dsun.java2d.d3d-Dsun.java2d.opengl = false-Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen = false
into:
[-Xmx1024M,-Xms1024m,-Dsun.java2d.noddraw = true-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground = true-Dsun.java2d.d3d = false-Dsun.java2d.opengl = false-Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen = false]
basic: Process listening progression added: sun.plugin.util.ProgressMonitorAdapter @ 16e2e5
basic: Called for parents Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL https://s3.amazonaws...v=1345124077000
security: Accessing keys and certificate in Mozilla user profile: null
security: JSS is not configured
network: Cache entry not found [url: version: null]
network: Connecting with proxy = DIRECT https://s3.amazonaws...v=1345124077000
network: Connecting with proxy = DIRECT http://s3.amazonaws.com:443/

I only suggested gamebooster to close backround programs and free up memory. Sadly it will not fix all your problems.

Chained Soul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostNovicode, on 26 August 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

I never said it was a hardware issue, but you're right. It can't be low on memory if it launches from browser. Try moving your .minecraft folder somewhere safe so when you load minecraft (force update) so it makes a new one.

He said:

Talking to the topic poster now, he said he didn't have Java 6, and I'm thinking that MAY be the issue, having him try installing Java 6 Update 34 and seeing if that corrects the issue, I'll keep you posted.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostChained Soul, on 26 August 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Talking to the topic poster now, he said he didn't have Java 6, and I'm thinking that MAY be the issue, having him try installing Java 6 Update 34 and seeing if that corrects the issue, I'll keep you posted.

Wait, what? The OP never said anything about which version of java he has, and if it runs browser, I should think it would run the download version too. Do you mean Bricolita?  You could try updating to Java 7 and seeing what happens if you wanted to though.

Chained Soul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostNovicode, on 26 August 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Wait, what? The OP never said anything about which version of java he has, and if it runs browser, I should think it would run the download version too. Do you mean Bricolita?  You could try updating to Java 7 and seeing what happens if you wanted to though.

I said I'm talking to them about it. In other words directly, not on this thread. Also your browser uses a Java plug in that may still be supported, but you could be lacking the proper SE version. It happens more often than you'd think.

Also Java 7 isn't really necessary yet considering it's more or less a beta right now, Java 6 should be fine.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well I hope CS knows what he's doing and there isn't nearly enough room for both of us, so good luck, and hope you figure it out!

Chained Soul

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostNovicode, on 26 August 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Well CS thinks he knows what he's doing and there isn't nearly enough room for both of us. Good luck, hope you figure it out!

I do know what I'm doing. You're giving people incorrect information that isn't going to be helpful to them. Don't get mad at me because I want to give them the proper information instead of wasting their time when they want to solve a problem quickly. If you don't know what you're doing then fine, I am not faulting you for that. Just don't come and give information when you don't know what is wrong.

I would recommend against Java 7 right now because 6 is more stable. I am trying to get people the best possible results here.

Bricolita

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Sorry. I have Java7.
I try with java 6.34, and come back.

Bricolita

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

I just downgrade to java 6. On my computer, it's approximatly the same... nothing happens, not even an error message. BUT , on minecraft.net, it works !
So, it stays for me a mystery, but i can play.

All my thanks for your help.

jammieftw
    jammieftw

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 940 posts
  • Minecraft: jammieisftw
  • Xbox:jammieisftw

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Its nothing to do with RAM, it's a common problem with java. Try using the jar launcher, that worked for me.

~Jamie
Posted Image
HELP MEH OWN TEH INTERWEBS! >:D

Axenza
    Axenza

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Ive been having the same issue, i think i know why though. I read that the people who had the problem had just installed a game or 2. And i think that the games run on java. Is it a lack of memory or what?