Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Poisonous potato

potato poisonous brewing

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

WildCreeper

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

I am still wondering... why would the developers create poisonous potato?

I's so damn rare, and it can be baked like a normal potato anyway, so it's kinda pointless.

So... maybe they have plans on what to do with it?
I think they will make the poison potato usable for brewing on next snapshot.
Or maybe it's the Wither weakness Posted Image

...ok, I think it's not going to be wither weaknes. It would be too weird lol

But, anyway, I think something will happen to it.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ArrogantLobster

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Right now its just an unfortunate farm experience :P

Using it in brewing can be useful though :D

View Postsimen671, on 26 November 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Do you guys think Dinnerbone is giving a hint here? Or is he just Dinnerboning?

Locklear308

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Nothing wrong with it, perhaps it can be used for something else?
Posted Image
"The oceans of minecraft are vast and nearly endless... and we just have a floating little box to traverse across them..." - doctorseaweed2

GerbilCrab475

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

It should be combined with the red mushroom for an ingredient for nausea potions. And isn't it odd how fermented spider eyes usually turn potions into bad potions but not Night Vision? I was expecting it to make night vision into blindness. But then again, blindness is very powerful.

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

Zahnradfee
  • Minecraft: Zahnradfee

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just put it away until further notice. It might come in handy in future updates.

And as far as I know the poisonous potato CAN'T be baked.
Posted Image

Prettypinkdork

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Considering how rare they are they must be valuable. I've harvested 9 full stacks of potatoes and only have 12 poisonous potatoes. They're definitely not something I'm going to throw away.
Under no circumstances do I want villagers building ugly little houses in my world. That's my job.
Posted Image

cadika_orade
  • Minecraft: cadika_orade

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostZahnradfee, on 27 August 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Just put it away until further notice. It might come in handy in future updates.

And as far as I know the poisonous potato CAN'T be baked.

This.

View PostPrettypinkdork, on 27 August 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Considering how rare they are they must be valuable. I've harvested 9 full stacks of potatoes and only have 12 poisonous potatoes. They're definitely not something I'm going to throw away.

Not so sure. IRL green ("poison") potatoes are rather rare. If I were at Mojang I would make the drop rate extremely low just to prevent rage on these forums.

Use in a nausea or blindness potion would be cool, though...
The Internet is a big place, friend. I've been places you've n͍̺e̩v̦e̦̰͍͓̩ͅr̜̭̝̬̬͉̤̬ ͙ịm̖͇a͍͇̤͙̥g̤̘i͔͖̤̼̪̬n͖͔̳̬̯e̩̘ḓ͈͔̠̙͇̼̯.͎

Zorg
    Zorg

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Maybe a future potion ingredient.

iced199
    iced199

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostGerbilCrab475, on 26 August 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

It should be combined with the red mushroom for an ingredient for nausea potions. And isn't it odd how fermented spider eyes usually turn potions into bad potions but not Night Vision? I was expecting it to make night vision into blindness. But then again, blindness is very powerful.
This.
We need those two potions as well. Blindness and Nausea.

*flashback, in an old man's voice*
I remember back in the day when potions were just added. They had all sorts, with wayyyyy more than there are now. Nausea was AWEsomez fasdjkgh awxi *dies*

Anyway, I would really like all the potions to be added, nevertheless.

Rufus said:

Some people really need to stay away from the government propaganda department. Let the brain-washing machines have a day off, they must need maintenance by now.

Mettan
    Mettan

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Minecraft: Mettan

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Poison Potatoes for Blindness Potion would be nice. (And Nausea Potion should be brewed with wheat as well.)

And as for why you would eat a Poison Potato, keep in mind that it might make for good Emergency Rations (just like Rotten Flesh).

Vocant
    Vocant

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Minecraft: TrueMed

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

Ah, maybe it will give a debuff in a future update?
Or, it could be the type of thing like, getting no porkchops from a pig. Based on luck, you can get the potato, or if you're unlucky, the rotten one which is less useful.
Posted Image

WoeUntoYou
    WoeUntoYou

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • Minecraft: WoeUntoYou

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

Zombie farm
OK.

Strickolas

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

PERHAPS: Poison Potatoes are a replacement for people who just have farms in their houses and only focus on improvement. PERHAPS: It just replaces nether wart for potions of haste, or possibly, only makes negative versions of potions, and THEN you add the spider eye to reverse it. Maybe when you hold the poison potato out, it makes zombies chase you from a further radius, or maybe you can throw it on the floor and they will completely disregard you and just surround it, a total copy from L4D2, but a cool thought. And another thing...can you PLANT a rotten Potato? Would it give you more Rotten Potatoes?

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

I think we should hold onto our poisonous potatoes, I have a sense that it may even involve the Wither. But we shouldn't spread rumors just yet.

Posted Image

Black_Drath
  • Minecraft: Black_Drath

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

It seems kind of odd to add in an item with no particular function, when they could've just not added it. So logically there will be some purpose for it.
But Mojang have done this before. Slimeballs were added in with slimes but had no use for ages, until sticky pistons came along. Perhaps poisonous potatoes will have a similar fate?

Posted Image

WaveJones
  • Minecraft: WaveJones
  • Xbox:WaveJones

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Answer for your Question:
BREWING

Posted Image

GerbilCrab475

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostWaveJones, on 28 August 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Answer for your Question:
BREWING
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

aquareaper33

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

What if Steve had some siblings who were getting in the way of him inheriting a fortune? How does he take care of this easily? Simple! poison a potato!
Posted Image

spiderraptor42

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

I am going to be storing poisin/sludge/evil type items in an underground room, with a chest surrounded with yellow/black wool, skulls, and framed bones to represent danger. Poisin potatoes, a few bones, slimeballs, spider eyes, poisin potions, rotten flesh, etc will go there. EDIT: 333rd post!

. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
    . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image   
. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

cadika_orade
  • Minecraft: cadika_orade

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostBlack_Drath, on 28 August 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

It seems kind of odd to add in an item with no particular function, when they could've just not added it. So logically there will be some purpose for it.
But Mojang have done this before. Slimeballs were added in with slimes but had no use for ages, until sticky pistons came along. Perhaps poisonous potatoes will have a similar fate?

Two words: Rotten. Flesh.

No purpose besides simply being an inferior version.
Also, from a design standpoint, another way to fine-tune the balance of potatoes. If potatoes prove slightly overpowered, it would be trivial to simply up the drop rate of poison potatoes. Avoid rage posts about potatoes getting nerfed, while actually nerfing them.
The Internet is a big place, friend. I've been places you've n͍̺e̩v̦e̦̰͍͓̩ͅr̜̭̝̬̬͉̤̬ ͙ịm̖͇a͍͇̤͙̥g̤̘i͔͖̤̼̪̬n͖͔̳̬̯e̩̘ḓ͈͔̠̙͇̼̯.͎