• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7_00+] WorldEdit: Edit/copy/paste/tunnels/spheres!

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

rsmalec
    rsmalec

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4548 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Need some help with draw.js

First... does it work with 1.7.2?

I took js.jar from Rhino and copied it into .minecraft/bin

I created .minecraft/drawings folder

I put a test.png file in the drawings folder

In single player, I type "/cs draw.js test" and "/cs draw.js test.png" but nothing happens. No error message.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

pkmaxmaxmax
  • Minecraft: pkmaxmaxmax

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

View Postleo_swiss, on 04 July 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Seems you are using an outdated version of worldedit.

use the one that comes with the SPC package.

All the above mentioned things work like a charm here.

Leo
strange, i'd updated the spcmod from the forum when it has been updated, and it won't work, now i did it again and it works... btw, thanx :P

View Postgereja, on 05 July 2011 - 02:58 AM, said:

hey is this for 1.7.2 or is it still for the shitty 1.6.6 (ps. HAS to be 1.7.2) thx and plz reply to this fast i need this thing thx.

read the other messages
Cya in da house!

JSkare
    JSkare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Minecraft: JSkare

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

I was just trying to //save a copied area and an error popped up. I'm not really good with anything java so I thought I'd post here and hope for a solution - anyone know what my problem might be? I tried it on large and small areas and neither worked...

rsmalec
    rsmalec

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4548 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostJSkare, on 05 July 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

I was just trying to //save a copied area and an error popped up. I'm not really good with anything java so I thought I'd post here and hope for a solution - anyone know what my problem might be? I tried it on large and small areas and neither worked...

Did you get a Java null exception?   I had that happening in 1.6.6 as well.  I could load a schematic but not save.

Posted Image

JSkare
    JSkare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Minecraft: JSkare

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:07 AM

View Postrsmalec, on 05 July 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Did you get a Java null exception?   I had that happening in 1.6.6 as well.  I could load a schematic but not save.
Yeah that what I've been getting

htonlax
    htonlax

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

//expand isnt working for me  ive done everything right but when i try to expand a cuboid, nothing happens

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

sk89q;

Will WorldEdit work on ymod maps? Those maps use beta 1.2_02 linear chunks like vanilla Minecraft but extend either 256/ 512 or 1024 blocks instead of 128, depending on how you make the map.

* And perhaps more importantly; does WorldEdit or will it eventually work with the newer height mod 'Cubic Chunks' maps? This is a 3D Chunks mod that raises the game map vertical size to 4096 blocks! It uses (16x16x16) sized chunks.

Cubic Chunks works with the current version of Minecraft beta 1.7.3 and is being actively developed and supported by Robinton
and uses ModLoader. I believe this sort of mod & map type is the future of Minecraft, especially for  building those epic 1:1 Large Scale Reproductions and things like that.

If WorldEdit does not currently support these maps then I sincerely hope that you will consider working with Robinton  to add some sort of basic support. This would have a huge impact on the  future of High-Map support and usage for all of us! Thanks for reading  my plea. :)

btw: I have now added info regarding the Cubic Chunks mod to my Higher Map thread/tutorial:

+ How to have a Higher map ( 256 / 512 / 1024 / 4096 ) instead of 128 +

[EDIT] Robinton has agreed to try and make ymod maps  convertible to his current and supported 3D Chunk maps. If this is  accomplished then it might not be as necessary to work on direct support  for ymod maps with your software. But it will make your support of 3D  chunk maps that much more valuable! :)

Robinton has detailed some more info on how his maps work: Here and here.

Diversi
    Diversi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Dunno of this is the right place and or if this has not been done before, but I've got a feature request:
a way to mark the center of the selection.
Warning: the post seen above may contain sarcasm or unneeded irony. Please read with caution when this does not appear to be part of the test.

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

View PostMineCrak, on 17 July 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

sk89q;

Will WorldEdit work on ymod maps? Those maps use beta 1.2_02 linear chunks like vanilla Minecraft but extend either 256/ 512 or 1024 blocks instead of 128, depending on how you make the map.

* And perhaps more importantly; does WorldEdit or will it eventually work with the newer height mod 'Cubic Chunks' maps? This is a 3D Chunks mod that raises the game map vertical size to 4096 blocks! It uses (16x16x16) sized chunks.

We will see once the dust settles. WorldEdit currently has hard limits on y's.
I'm the author of WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WarmRoast, a custom MC launcher platform, and a few other things.
I've also been running a server since MC alpha:
Posted Image

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

View Postsk89q, on 17 July 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

We will see once the dust settles. WorldEdit currently has hard limits on y's.

Ok, thanks! At least you know about the mod & map system so there is hope for the future. :)

[EDIT] I have learned some more about how Cubic Chunks maps are set up. Hopefully this helps:

It uses 3D chunks (16x16x16) above and below the normal map space  (1-128) and synchronizes with the same coordinate system as the normal  maps (improving compatibility) but increases the total map height to 4096 blocks.

Essentially; from where level 0 currently is on a map the new map rises to around level 2048 and goes down to level -2048.  Robinton told me that it actually wouldn't be too difficult to extend  the vertical to virtually infinite at some point, but first wants to make  sure everything else is solid, like a terrain solution etc.

Sea level is still at level 64 etc. The mod auto-converts chunks in a  normal map being played into the extended cubic chunks format. The  bedrock is removed from the normal worlds and replaced with regular  stone. The new bottom of the map has a bunch of lava at the bottom with 8  layers of scattered bedrock above it, but this is around 2000 blocks  down.

* The author is currently coding a map converter that will convert a map  from the 3D chunks format back to the normal format, and possibly also  to the ymod format. This is to insure that people can return their maps  to vanilla minecraft if need be. Anything outside of the 0-128 would be  erased though, unless they also saved to the ymod format which could  theoretically preserve everything in the cubic map.

[Edit] The Save File Converter is done and also converts ymod maps! The ymod part has some bugs atm but should be ironed out by tomorrow. ;)

[EDIT] Map Converter link updated to Stable link

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

News!

Robinton has made available for Download his current Terrain Generator Source Code. This is so that others will be able to help write a better one for the Cubic Chunks mod or add improvements. Also; looking at the code could be helpful for anyone wishing to add support into their mods. :)

Also; A new version of Cubic Chunks is now out as well as a new version of the Map Converter that can convert ( Cubic / ymod / Vanilla Minecraft ) maps!

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16140 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Please update the title of this thread to meet the standards listed here:
http://www.minecraft...tle-formatting/

rsmalec
    rsmalec

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4548 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Does WorldEdit support piston facing yet?

Right now, any time I use a //-command  (including  undo) it turns all pistons downward facing...

(I have a custom map with over 800 pistons I am placing by hand)

Posted Image

BloodyRain2k
  • Location: times I broke MineOS: often enough to stop counting now oô
  • Xbox:sucks

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Ok I think this wasn't mentioned yet, a quick search atleast said no.

World edit (4.6) can't handle RedPower wires and logic gates. My guess would be that it's cause they use damage values of way above 15 for blocks thanks to the Forge API. The lasttime I tried copying something that contained RP wires and they just dropped on the ground like their blocks disappeared, which was the case since I used cut, and they wouldn't have been placed again if paste would have been successful.
Sadly when I tried to paste said cut the game crashed. I forgot to look into the modloader.txt and already started the game again a few times so bleh. I'll try to reproduce it and grab it then.

This was the 2nd time I copied something with RP wires, the firsttime it worked but the blocks where wires were got corrupted even though that wasn't hard to fix. But World Edit wasn't able to, replacing or setting the corrupted air blocks to something else didn't change their corruption, only placing a RP wire and removing it did but that's probaly too due to the new way of block handling. The only thing that was different in the time that crashed was that there was running something through the BC pipes (both contained them and also IC stuff) when I used cut, the firsttime it was idle.

Also I'd like to suggest a little something, could it be doable to make it rotate the clipboard automatically in 90° steps in relation to your rotation on copy / paste? So if you copy something and turn right for aroung 90° it would rotate it by 90° right on paste. No idea if that's easily doable.

And I gotta say this looks really like a great tool even though I can't judge it much as I now used it for the first time knowing it already since I started using SPC which was already in 1.2 or 1.3
I'm not that much of a builder so I got not that much to work on :3
A bit confusing how copy paste is handled at first but when you understand it it's really great. Nice work.

Edit: I can also confirm that piston orientation thing. I messed up something and did //undo and now that piston is facing down. But no problem as it was just a test world and a test thing that was only crap xD
Posted Image

View PostEloraam, on 28 August 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

Logs or it didn't happen.

ProGamerzFTW

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

Wheres the download link?

Soul_Cake_Duck

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, I've run into the same problems BloodyRain2k and rsmalec have. Copying/stacking RP wires and pistons looses metadata.
~ and not a single fuck was given that day ~

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

Pistons will be fixed in the next version.

As for custom blocks, we'll have to figure out some way to handle that.
I'm the author of WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WarmRoast, a custom MC launcher platform, and a few other things.
I've also been running a server since MC alpha:
Posted Image

Soul_Cake_Duck

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

View Postsk89q, on 08 August 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

Pistons will be fixed in the next version.

Great, thank you :).
~ and not a single fuck was given that day ~

Unresolved

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

View Postsk89q, on 08 August 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

If you would be so kind that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Illspreader

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

How can i make a sphere made of brick like code and everything because i cant get it right? thanks for the mod helps a lot!!!