• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to put a password on minecraft server.

password minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Aveked
    Aveked

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi!

I just created my own server with my router and all. Works fine :).

I would like to protect it so that people that I don't know won't be able to come in, so I am looking for a plugin or maybe a mod that lets me choose a password for the server and until you put the password in you can not moove, kill, be killed...

I have looked around on the internet for password plugin but they are all for the 'offline" minecraft servers, the illegal kind I think,but I have the legal version the payed one so I would like to know If that exist for the official minecraft.exe servers.

Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

Berwout
    Berwout

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2440 posts
  • Minecraft: AngelsDustz

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

You could use AuthMe or anyother login plugin. You could also make it hamachi with password.
Got my GTS 450 running at 900 MHz core (http://www.ozone3d.n...0.php?id=114106)
[Computer Specifications]

Spataner
  • Minecraft: Spataner

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

In order to set up a password system and limited permissions for certain groups of players, you will need to use a modified server application. Bukkit is the most popular one for a good reason, and finding the respective plugins providing the functions you need would be comparably easy.

I don't know, what you mean by "offline Minecraft servers", but Bukkit is a completely legal program. In fact, some of their developers have just recently be hired by Mojang themselves.

Aveked
    Aveked

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

thank you very much for both of your answers I will check it out!

Aveked
    Aveked

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

One more question: Spataner.
If I use Bukkit will that mean I will not use minecraft.exe? will it mean that I will change servers and loose my old saves ?

If it does, is there a way to acces my saves of the server ? Or does that not exist... I know you can do it in solo mode but I don't know about online.

Spataner

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yes, you would exchange your Minecraft_Server.exe with the Bukkit software files (the client, that is, the actual game used by the player, stays the same). This is, however, not of importance concerning your world saves.
While Bukkit does have a very slightly different way of storing worlds, it will automatically change your worlds accordingly without any data loss. Reverting the files back manually, should you ever want to use the normal Minecraft server application again, is also a matter of mere seconds.
Any of the settings, including server.properties, op list, whitelist, bans, etc. can also be carried over.

Aveked
    Aveked

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Sorry I am very new, however I have understood. Could you link me a website where they show how to import the saves, whitelist and all? Or tell me yourself in an easy way with steps?

Thanks

OK... I understand. Could you however send me a link where they show this? Or tell me yourself with easy steps to follow?

Thx

Spataner

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Just download the Bukkit jar-file from here: I'm a link, click me.
Put it where ever your server is currently. Set up a batch file as explained on the website. Perhaps, just to be save, make a backup of your files. Use the batch file to start the server. That's it. When you load an old world, Bukkit will automatically convert it, and it also uses the same files as your former server.

You can get plugins for Bukkit here: A link again.
Download the jar-file of a plugin and put it into the "plugins" folder, that the Bukkit server should have created upon the first start. Any additional steps to get a plugin working should be explained at its respective site.

Just a quick note: Bukkit seems for the moment only be available for Minecraft 1.3.1, instead of the most recent version 1.3.2. However, this shouldn't really affect people using a 1.3.2-client.

Aveked
    Aveked

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

So I did what you said, only I am stuck. I put in the codes in the RUN.bat file that they tell me to create:

@ECHO OFF
SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
PAUSE

But it does'nt work, when I launch it it says: "unable to acces jarfile craftbukkit.jar"

Can anybody help me.

Actually I have managed to fix this myself finally hah.
I changed the name to craftbukkit.jar but .jar adds itself so it was like putting craftbukkit.jar.jar so I took it off, didn't show the .jar so it was like just craftbukkit but when I laucnched .bat it worked!

Spataner

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

[Yeah, I noticed that there's a mistake on that site. The actual jar-file is named according to its version, "craftbukkit-1.3.1-R2.0.jar" probably. Just rename it to "craftbukkit.jar" without the quotation marks and you're set.]
Alright, nevermind.