Latest News Article

[1.7.2] World Downloader Mod

smp download save map world

• Please log in to reply
1284 replies to this topic

helen269

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Post1234samuel1234, on 14 December 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hello! when I using this its being a bug in the world... its being like a wall down and then flatland.
any fix for this?

WD can only download as far as you can see on the server. Beyond that is emplty space which by default is set to be filled with flatland. As you explore more of the server world that will get filled up with more of the server world.

Register or log in to remove.

computerdude5000
  • Minecraft: computerdude5000

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

it would be possible with tekkit but would require a lot more gui's I think because of how tekkit works it would require manually editing the modpack file..  to add the code into the files that forge and or others use

I'm going to try using the legacy version to do that
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN http://bit.ly/TVrYHS
Posted Image

Tosindo
    Tosindo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View Postcubic72, on 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

That is the most likely reason. I develop on a very fast modern PC with Windows. What OS are you using?

Hello Cubic72.
I only see this topic again now, the problem is because of my pc is to slow... My OS is Windows XP
And I know how to enter in the map whitout the void, i like to edit maps whit MCedit so I entered in the map whit the MCEdit and i see theres no void, theres was world of the server i downloaded, so i change my caracther position to the part of the wolrd wheres the buildings, and the spawnpoint to... I entered the map  WORKED!

So if someone have this problem you can fix by entering the map whit MCedit, change the caracther position and Spawnpoint to the buildings and finally you playing very good Posted Image

And thanks for trying to help :D
ENG- Im going create a Minecraft series Called To'Adventures, but i need help (Portuguese serie)
PT- Vou criar um serie de minecraft chamada To'Adventures, mas eu presiso de ajuda (Serie portuguesa)

helen269

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Does anyone know of a tool that can show all signs in a downloaded world and can filter the results? I know of Kamyu's EditSigns tool and I've asked him twice if he can put in a filter feature in a future update but he jasn't replied so that's not happening but at least if his Edit Signs tool exists know it can be done.

I would like to be able to search all signs in a world or area from people selling gear so as to be able to work out what the cheapest of anything is or work out the average price so I can sell mine at a realistic price. I imagine typing in, say, "Bane" and getting all signs from people selling Bane swords.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: xekor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I have not been playing Minecraft for a few weeks and didn't realize a new version was out. I'll get it updated tonight or tomorrow some time. Should be quick and painless.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

I updated World Downloader for Minecraft 1.4.6 using MCP 7.25. The updated download is at the top of the thread and new source is committed at Github. This release fixed issues #11, #15 and #16 on the issue tracker. In other words, it should now correctly save entities that have gone outside of tracking range on the server including pictures, chests, mobs, villagers, sheep, basically all entities!  

Let me know if you find any problems with the update.

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

View Postcubic72, on 21 December 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

I updated World Downloader for Minecraft 1.4.6 using MCP 7.25. The updated download is at the top of the thread and new source is committed at Github. This release fixed issues #11, #15 and #16 on the issue tracker. In other words, it should now correctly save entities that have gone outside of tracking range on the server including pictures, chests, mobs, villagers, sheep, basically all entities!  

Let me know if you find any problems with the update.

Thank you! :-)

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Posthelen269, on 21 December 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Thank you! :-)

There is a crash I just discovered that I will need to troubleshoot and fix asap. If you start the Minecraft client and load a saved game, it crashes after a few seconds. It seems like if I first connect to a server, then disconnect, then I can open single player files fine. I must not be initializing a variable. I'll get a new version uploaded this afternoon. Sorry about that.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

View Posthelen269, on 20 December 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Does anyone know of a tool that can show all signs in a downloaded world and can filter the results? I know of Kamyu's EditSigns tool and I've asked him twice if he can put in a filter feature in a future update but he jasn't replied so that's not happening but at least if his Edit Signs tool exists know it can be done.

I would like to be able to search all signs in a world or area from people selling gear so as to be able to work out what the cheapest of anything is or work out the average price so I can sell mine at a realistic price. I imagine typing in, say, "Bane" and getting all signs from people selling Bane swords.

I whipped up a very simple tool based on Substrate called SignTool. Try it out and see if it does what you are looking for.
http://www.mediafire...sazpv4k28ebba98

It should give you output like this:

Searching for test in world C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves\My World
Sign at: 1,72,2
This is another
sign
sign
test

Sign at: 1,71,3
This is a test
test
testing

The search is not case sensitive. If you know that items are on line 2 and prices are on line 3, the tool could search for specific items and sort on price or whatever.

Here's the source code for SignTool:
Spoiler:

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

View Postcubic72, on 21 December 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

I whipped up a very simple tool based on Substrate called SignTool. Try it out and see if it does what you are looking for.
http://www.mediafire...sazpv4k28ebba98

(snip)

Thanks Cubic, but how do I use it? I click on it and a CLI flashes up for a split-second and is gone.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

View Posthelen269, on 21 December 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Thanks Cubic, but how do I use it? I click on it and a CLI flashes up for a split-second and is gone.

There is an example in the README file. It's a command line tool for now so run it from a DOS prompt. If you are on Linux then you will need to run it with Mono.

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postcubic72, on 21 December 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

There is an example in the README file. It's a command line tool for now so run it from a DOS prompt. If you are on Linux then you will need to run it with Mono.

DOS? Okaaaay, it's been a while.....

I copied my world folder to the C root and renamed the folder "test" as I'm not typing all that out. I copied the sign tool folder to C root as well.

Went into the ST folder, typed signtool.exe test "diamond" as I know there are signs with "diamond" written on them. I get an error every time.

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SignToll.Program.Main(String[] args)

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Never mind, got it working now. You can't take any shortcuts, you have to type in the full path. Right - let's see what I can do with it...

ETA, it does exactly what I was looking for! No GUI so it's very cumbersome to use but I'm not going to be using it every day. Thank you! :-)

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

View Posthelen269, on 21 December 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Never mind, got it working now. You can't take any shortcuts, you have to type in the full path. Right - let's see what I can do with it...

I just put it together in 10 minutes. If it is something you could use then I can add a GUI and other options. I was going to say that you will need to type the full path to your world folder. In your case, "C:\test". The quotes are only needed if there are any spaces in the path or folder name.

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postcubic72, on 21 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

I just put it together in 10 minutes. If it is something you could use then I can add a GUI and other options. I was going to say that you will need to type the full path to your world folder. In your case, "C:\test". The quotes are only needed if there are any spaces in the path or folder name.

I did my ETA before I saw this - yes, a GUI would be nice. I'm sure others would appreciate it and its uses. What language is it written in? I glanced at the source code and I've not seen that before.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Posthelen269, on 21 December 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

What language is it written in? I glanced at the source code and I've not seen that before.

It's C#. I use the Substrate library for Minecraft. It's also used by NBT Explorer and other world editing tools.

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postcubic72, on 21 December 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

It's C#. I use the Substrate library for Minecraft. It's also used by NBT Explorer and other world editing tools.

Ah, ok. I only know a little about Java, Actionscript and Javascript.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postcubic72, on 21 December 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

There is a crash I just discovered that I will need to troubleshoot and fix asap. If you start the Minecraft client and load a saved game, it crashes after a few seconds. It seems like if I first connect to a server, then disconnect, then I can open single player files fine. I must not be initializing a variable. I'll get a new version uploaded this afternoon. Sorry about that.

The crash is fixed and I updated the download. If you pulled the 1.4.6 version already, you will need to update. Sorry about that. Carry on...

helen269

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Downloaded, thank you :-)

Sticky_Slime
  • Minecraft: RainbowSquid

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I will never use this mod except if it's compatible with Forge (NOT MODLOADER)
Join the Shotbow Network!
us.shotbow.net or eu.shotbow.net