Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: xekor

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

POPULAR

World Downloader
Save multiplayer worlds!

Download World Downloader [1.7.2] - 20140118.zip (2014-01-18) (direct)

Download World Downloader [1.6.4].zip (2013-09-20) (direct)

Posted Image

NOTE: Download help for Mac users:

Spoiler:

Older releases:

Spoiler:

Note: This is a continuation of the World Downloader mod by nairol. He was no longer able to work on the project and I have developed the mod since March 2012, updating it, fixing bugs and adding new features. I'd like to give a big thanks to user El_garoo for help updating code and MCP mappings for World Downloader 1.7.2!

Videos:

A most excellent mod spotlight video from iPodmail, thank you!

And, thank you SCMowns for this great review:

An in-depth preview video of the beta version multi-world feature by Seto:

Installation (NOT Forge compatible):
Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Important usage notes:
  • You need to open chests while downloading or their contents cannot be saved.
  • The mod can only save chunks which are sent by the server as you move around. If you see the chunk while downloading, then it is saved! If you do not move around, it will likely only save 10 chunks (160 blocks) in each direction.
  • The seed is not saved automatically. You must be op to request the seed with the /seed command. World Downloader will pull the seed automatically from the server response.
  • When you click "stop download", wait until the world is saved to disconnect. You will be notified in chat.
  • Some entities such as Fireworks will freeze the client if used while downloading. Known bug.
Full Usage Details:

Spoiler:

Bug Reporting:

If you find any bugs that crash Minecraft PLEASE also add the text from the error report screen. Without that I probably will not be able to help you. Problems can be posted in this forum or on the World Downloader issue tracker at Github.

Source code for World Downloader at Github

Register or log in to remove.

duke605
    duke605

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • Minecraft: duke605

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

..... I remeber seeing this somewhere.....

Posted Image

Shasharala

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Nice to see the mod is still going. :3

sly131
    sly131

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postduke605, on 24 August 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

..... I remeber seeing this somewhere.....

he picked it up from nairol...

keep up the good work cubic Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

View Postsly131, on 24 August 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

he picked it up from nairol...

keep up the good work cubic Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I have been talking with nairol and he asked me to carry on the project since I have been making updates for the last few versions of the mod. He stored his source code at github. I forked that project and have a branch with his unfinished features which I will complete and test. Hopefully it will be ready for an official beta release as binaries in the next week or so. I'm still looking over the code he just pushed yesterday. Thanks for your continued interest in the World Downloader mod.

Shasharala

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hmm... I havn't checked with MCEdit or any tools yet... but I download a world... and it just gives me an empty world... and I fall forever...

I have used this tool in the past and it worked...

leponder

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

BTW thank you for continuing this, there's only 3 essential client-side mods I use and this one is one of them. Now if they can just fix Worldedit CUI D:
Posted Image

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostShasharala, on 24 August 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Hmm... I havn't checked with MCEdit or any tools yet... but I download a world... and it just gives me an empty world... and I fall forever...

I have used this tool in the past and it worked...

If you just connect/start download/stop download/open world in rapid order then it might not have a chance to do anything. I would suggest staying connected for at least 10-15 seconds minimum (and move around a little too!). Then, after you disconnect, count to 10 before you open the single player world. I don't know why, but I've heard a few reports of "slow" saving so wait a few seconds before opening the saved world. The 1.3.2 version has been downloaded thousands of times and I have not heard this problem from anyone else on this version.

Zaraxxas

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

I love it so much, wenn I do not only see update requests for a mod, but instead posts of people who updated the mod instead on their own.
So much is only possible through open-source. It makes it possible that the whole community can work together on improving and updating great mods.
Thumbs up!
Posted Image
Zaraxxas alias Zarakas

SantySc
    SantySc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Fantastic! this is amazing bro... last week i saw the old version of this mod and really wanted it for 1.3.2, love u!
Posted Image

Sticky_Slime
  • Minecraft: RainbowSquid

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Thank you. I need this mod.
Join the Shotbow Network!
us.shotbow.net or eu.shotbow.net

lordroy
    lordroy

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Thank you for updating this.

Erytheia
    Erytheia

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

What can't be saved?
  • The seed value of the world. It is no longer sent by the server.
it is possible to use the /seeds-commando to get the seed. So maybe the addon could grab it from the chat.

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostErytheia, on 25 August 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

it is possible to use the /seeds-commando to get the seed. So maybe the addon could grab it from the chat.

Yes. That's how the mod works. Type the /seed command and it will either say you can't do that or it will show the seed and save it. It's in the screenshots at the top of this thread. I clarified the FAQ. Everyone asked for it to save the seed, but it's not typically possible unless you are op. the server just doesn't send it. The new WDL v2 I'll be releasing in a week will be able to grab the seed automatically when permissions allow.

Tosindo
    Tosindo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

Hello, cubic72 , Good Work the mod continues good and i think gonna be better the version 2 Posted Image ,But i have a problem , i seen

Shasharala

have the same bug ,i have.
The Bug is : I enter the server , download/stop download , exit the server go to the map, then I am in a void .....
You talk this:

View Postcubic72, on 24 August 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

If you just connect/start download/stop download/open world in rapid order then it might not have a chance to do anything. I would suggest staying connected for at least 10-15 seconds minimum (and move around a little too!). Then, after you disconnect, count to 10 before you open the single player world. I don't know why, but I've heard a few reports of "slow" saving so wait a few seconds before opening the saved world. The 1.3.2 version has been downloaded thousands of times and I have not heard this problem from anyone else on this version.
Then i do : Enter the server, Download/stop download,   Wait for the mensage, exit the server, Wait a time, then enter the map.
Happens the same , Void No dying Just falling down in the black, with my items .....
Can you help , or fix that?
Posted Image

Good Luck whit the mod Posted Image

"Sorry For my bad language ((Im portuguese))"

PS: Another bug, pass a time Crashes.

PS2: Or can be a Bug whit another mod?
Spoiler:

ENG- Im going create a Minecraft series Called To'Adventures, but i need help (Portuguese serie)
PT- Vou criar um serie de minecraft chamada To'Adventures, mas eu presiso de ajuda (Serie portuguesa)

cubic72
    cubic72

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostTosindo, on 26 August 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

Hello, cubic72 , Good Work the mod continues good and i think gonna be better the version 2 Posted Image ,But i have a problem , i seen

Shasharala

have the same bug ,i have.
The Bug is : I enter the server , download/stop download , exit the server go to the map, then I am in a void .....
You talk this:

Then i do : Enter the server, Download/stop download,   Wait for the mensage, exit the server, Wait a time, then enter the map.
Happens the same , Void No dying Just falling down in the black, with my items .....
Can you help , or fix that?
Posted Image

Good Luck whit the mod Posted Image

"Sorry For my bad language ((Im portuguese))"

PS: Another bug, pass a time Crashes.

PS2: Or can be a Bug whit another mod?
Spoiler:
The problem could be with another mod, but I have also seen that problem when I start/stop too quickly. How long are you downloading for between "start download" and "stop download"? Give it 10 or 15 seconds to load from the server and also, move around at lease 15 squares so you are moving from one chunk into another. There is definitely some bug in the mod somewhere but it's rare and I don't know yet what causes it. Give it another try and be patient. It's been downloaded many thousands of times and I've only heard of this problem from 2 people. Is your computer slow or fast?

ratty
    ratty

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Minecraft: kilorat

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Worldedit CUI 1.3.2a stops working after World Downloader is installed.
Worldedit CUI is a modloader mod, and doesn't overwrite any base classes.
I tried letting Modloader overwite the conflicting .class files (asv.class and .wl.class are the only 2 conflicts), but Minecraft just crashes when I turn on downloading.
I tried using asv.class from Modloader and wl.class from Downloader, and that seemed to do the trick to make both mods play together. wl.class is NetClientHandler in MCP, is that just the /seed feature?

Spezialeinheit

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Could not you swap the World Download button with the Disconnect button? I press the wrong constantly :/

Koorg
    Koorg

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hi

This mod is cool, but I'd like to use it more like a mapping-only tool, i.e. not being able to see under the surface.

Would it be possible to either :
- only store the 1st non-empty block starting from 255 top-down
- overwrite all non-empty blocks (but not the last) starting from 0 bottom-up
- translate all ore blocks to "Stone" (coal, iron, gold, obsidian, redstone, diamonds, moss stone...)

I know the first 2 options would be very heavy in terms of processing time, but the last one would be sufficient in not offering too much hints.

What would be interesting in terms of ways to avoid too much hinting, the server could avoid sending ore-like information from -160+160 / 0-255, but only send it for -5+5 / -5+5... that would probably increase the number of packets sent from the server to the client, but I guess these would be very small pieces of information... but I guess minecraft devs have accepted the way it is now, because it's not possible to completely avoid hinting.

Just some open ideas...

muggerfugger
  • Minecraft: muggerfugger

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

nice, once thing i hate about playin on other peoples servers is not being able to save my structure. This resolves that :D thanks
http://www.damnidunno.com
mc.damnidunno.com