Save multiplayer worlds!
Download World Downloader [1.7.2] - 20140118.zip (2014-01-18) (direct)
Download World Downloader [1.6.4].zip (2013-09-20) (direct)
NOTE: Download help for Mac users:
Note: This is a continuation of the World Downloader mod by nairol. He was no longer able to work on the project and I have developed the mod since March 2012, updating it, fixing bugs and adding new features. I'd like to give a big thanks to user El_garoo for help updating code and MCP mappings for World Downloader 1.7.2!
A most excellent mod spotlight video from iPodmail, thank you!
And, thank you SCMowns for this great review:
An in-depth preview video of the beta version multi-world feature by Seto:
Installation (NOT Forge compatible):
Important usage notes:
- You need to open chests while downloading or their contents cannot be saved.
- The mod can only save chunks which are sent by the server as you move around. If you see the chunk while downloading, then it is saved! If you do not move around, it will likely only save 10 chunks (160 blocks) in each direction.
- The seed is not saved automatically. You must be op to request the seed with the /seed command. World Downloader will pull the seed automatically from the server response.
- When you click "stop download", wait until the world is saved to disconnect. You will be notified in chat.
- Some entities such as Fireworks will freeze the client if used while downloading. Known bug.
If you find any bugs that crash Minecraft PLEASE also add the text from the error report screen. Without that I probably will not be able to help you. Problems can be posted in this forum or on the World Downloader issue tracker at Github.
Source code for World Downloader at Github