Save multiplayer worlds!
Please support continued development by using this adfly link, There is a direct link below if you do not want to support my work or have made a donation. If you have found this mod to be valuable in preserving your hard work and builds in Minecraft, please consider dropping me whatever makes sense to you as a thanks and to help with hosting and my time keeping this going. The mod will always be free and open source. Thank you! ~Cubic
Download World Downloader [1.6.4].zip (2013-09-20)
DO NOT ASK ABOUT 1.7 UPDATES.
THIS MOD (AS WITH MOST) REQUIRES MCP
These links will always get the newest mod available for the indicated Minecraft version. The upload date is indicated after the filename.
Note: This is a continuation of the World Downloader mod by nairol. He was no longer able to work on the project and I have developed the mod since March 2012, updating it, fixing bugs and adding new features. The old forum thread can be found here.
A most excellent mod spotlight video from iPodmail, thank you!
And, thank you SCMowns for this great review:
An in-depth preview video of the beta version's multi-world feature by Seto:
Installation (NOT Forge compatible):
Important usage notes:
- You need to open chests while downloading or their contents cannot be saved.
- The mod can only save chunks which are sent by the server as you move around. If you see the chunk while downloading, then it's saved! If you don't move, it will likely only save 10 chunks (160 blocks) in each direction.
- The seed is not saved automatically. You must be op to request the seed with the /seed command. World Downloader will pull the seed automatically from the server response.
- When you click "stop download", wait until the world is saved to disconnect. You will be notified in chat.
- Some entities such as Fireworks will freeze the client if used while downloading. Known bug.
If you find any bugs that crash Minecraft PLEASE also add the text from the error report screen. Without that I probably won't be able to help you. Problems can be posted in this forum or on the project's bug tracker at github.
Source code for World Downloader at Github