Latest News Article

[PUZZLE MAP] Trap

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

dueler001

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

LINK TO TRAP 2 THREAD
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=165417

Hello all, dueler001 & Deanox here, ready to show off our new map we've created, it's a puzzle map with various rooms with traps/puzzles in them which the player must complete to continue through the map.
The map isn't themed it's just room after room, trap/puzzle after trap/puzzle, because it originally started out as just throwing around ideas for puzzles we could use, then it turned into being a proper map we are wanting to release.

THE MAP
The map consists of 10 rooms, 7 of which are puzzles, 2 are traps, 1 is a corridor.
-Rooms 1-5 have been 'noob friendly'd' up as during our alpha release someone gave us feedback of things being a little too tricky.
-Room 10 is our proudest creation, it's a timed door jump trap, which requires insane amounts of redstone wiring, we can guarantee you have not seen anything like this in minecraft before, so look forward to this.

RULES
There are a few rules like with any other map, these are posted in game aswell.
1: Don't destroy any blocks.
2: You may destroy blocks you place.
3: You mustn't place blocks that allow you to jump walls, bypass switches etc. AND NO PLACING BLOCKS THAT OBSTRUCT WATER/LAVA FLOW.
4: Must have monster spawns off, we built the map without creepers, so creepers floating about will most definitely destroy a lot of unwanted stuff.
5: If playing single player, make sure it's on peaceful.

PLEASE NOTE
We have tried to build all of our traps/puzzles with original intent. We have not intended to plaugerise anyone's work, and if we have done so, we are sorry.
I know for a fact you people will probably disect our traps/puzzles too see how they are made, I've done it myself. I have no problems with people copying our ideas/set-ups as long as we are credited. :)
1-2 Player ATM.
The game was created on a SMP server, but works perfectly on Single Player.

SCREENSHOTS
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

CREDITS
Created by dueler001 & deanox
Room 10's redstone set up was created by Deanox (AKA Redstone god) :(

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire...zay8ukrzb02a7ov
V1.1
-Got rid of the brick/stick decoy. Was allowing people to do a few traps a different way then intended ^^
(You crafty buggers)

If playing single player, put it in your save folder as either world1-5, if playing SMP, Put it in your server folder and name it world.

I hope you all enjoy playing our map, and don't forget to leave your feedback in this post :)

Here is an amazing video of a fan steam rolling the map! :Diamond:
j10mQ-Am2FY

Here is another fan video:
dPPJuPZbTvI

Annnnnnd another :D
CeAAdpekS6g
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Deanox
    Deanox

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

Please guys, any feedback would be great! We put a lot of time and effort into this map :(
Posted Image

GamerGuy101
  • Minecraft: GamerGuy101

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

when i first spawn, i spawned right in the ground.  After i died and re-spawned i was spawned at the entrance with alot of items sitting on the ground like if i just died there with all that items, was that supposed to happen?  If u need pics let me know

Posted Image

dueler001

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

Hrmm, thats very strange,
yes please show us some pics :)

Spawning into walls, and items on floor is not intended, didn't happen to us when we both tested it. :s

*Edit
Hrmm I just loaded it up in single player, and yes you're correct, fixing it now.

*Edit2
Updated the download link, everything should be working fine now, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Posted Image

GamerGuy101

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

alright with that fixed it looks real good, took me quite a few tries to finish it XD, but anyways nice map and i hope u continue with this :).

PS: that town gave me quite a scare

Posted Image

dueler001

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

GamerGuy101 said:

alright with that fixed it looks real good, took me quite a few tries to finish it XD, but anyways nice map and i hope u continue with this :).

PS: that town gave me quite a scare

Woohoo glad you enjoyed it!
And double points for the town comment, I created that bit ^^
We are going to start work on number 2 next week aswell :D
Posted Image

GamerGuy101

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

Cool, I'll be waiting for that update, until then imma run through it again and record it for youtube.  If it's ok with you i can post it here for you guys

Posted Image

dueler001

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

Sweet man!

That would be awesome if you could! ^^
Posted Image

rafas19
    rafas19

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:43 AM

awesome map keep up!

Kalazrob

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Quite fun man, took me a while to do it ... think i went through it ... sadly i probably have done it in 2 if I was smart enough to think oh >> dat can be made.... ;o;

Can't wait for the second part ^^

Zerobot
    Zerobot

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Minecraft: Zerobot

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

Haha, this was awesome. I was playing it with my sister on our local SMP server. At the begining I was like 'Here, you can have the diamond boots. I'm too hardcore for that.' Then when I died at the bottom of a pit we couldn't stop laughing. I definitly can't wait for more :D
Ponies.
Posted Image

dueler001

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Zerobot said:

I was playing it with my sister on our local SMP server. At the begining I was like 'Here, you can have the diamond boots. I'm too hardcore for that.' Then when I died at the bottom of a pit we couldn't stop laughing.

Yay i'm so glad you enjoyed it, this really gets me pumped to make a number 2 now.
Looks me and Deanox have got some work to get on with, gotta trey and top our current puzzles somehow :)

P.S Deanox said the drop bit would be lame, You proved him wrong! hehe
Posted Image

Cool12309
  • Minecraft: Cool12309

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

Is it possible to get past the first room without throwing away an important item? :)
Posted Image

thunderz, via a game, said:

And we could both suck at it together

Piecejr said:

CHRIS2384 said:

titanic plates moving to cause an
earthquake but still COOL
I pray to god you meant tectonic.

dueler001

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

Spoiler alert!

The first room has two items, a diamond in the ground furnace, which you chuck on the pressure pad, and in a hidden chest in the wall, there is a diamond helmet which is used later on, unless you get the boots from the next room, if in single player you only need either/or, playing it 2 player, each player needs one bit of armour.

^^
Posted Image

Cool12309
  • Minecraft: Cool12309

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

SPOILER ALERT

Legit: I can't get through the room where you need diamond helmet/boots / has brick and stick in furnace

Trivial(Use picks and shovels to see how things work): When I looked at how big the redstone farm had to be to keep the last door open for 30 seconds... I was like... O_O (I used far render and back wall was kinda foggy)
Posted Image

thunderz, via a game, said:

And we could both suck at it together

Piecejr said:

CHRIS2384 said:

titanic plates moving to cause an
earthquake but still COOL
I pray to god you meant tectonic.

dueler001

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

The stick and brick is a decoy, you gotta swim down in the water, into another room with 2 stone and coal.

Come back if you still fail :Diamond:
Posted Image

noshow65
    noshow65

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Minecraft: noshow65

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

SPOILER ALERT

Whad do you do at the rail part
]

dueler001

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

You bash down the wool block, place the rail, then with coal in hand, right click through the fire, and prepare to be amazed :P
Posted Image

TV_The_Man

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

How do i set it up so i can play, I copied the folder into the "saves" thing named world 5 (one I had Nothing on) but it didnt show up

dueler001

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Did you name it "world 5"? if so, it needs to be "world5" no spaces.
:Diamond:
Posted Image