10 replies to this topic

manesag
    manesag

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Minecraft: manesag

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hey guys i want a free video editing software but i want it to look similar to how sony vegas has its timeline set up. and if possible if it has gpu assisted rendering

Cooler Master HAF 912 Corsair CX600V2 Intel Core [email protected]! Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3  Radeon 6870 8GB DDR3 500GB     My YouTube Channel

Register or log in to remove.

ConservativeParty

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

It will be hard, if not impossible to find a really good editor for free.  Especially one with GPU rendering.

Here's what I'd suggest http://www.sonycreat...moviestudioves.

It's $194, which honestly is really cheap, especially when compared to the creme de la creme products like Premier Pro and Vegas pro which both retail for $ 600-700.  It has the same timeline as Vegas, and it has some basic composting feature.  Sort of like a really really dumbed down After Effects.  

There is also http://www.sonycreat...com/moviestudio
But it's very basic and I wouldn't reccomend it. $50
The Commies count their quarters and the ArtSci wish they could, the Engs have the longest pole and slam it home for good, so big, so hard, so tall, it reaches all the way to heaven, so shut your hole, we climbed the pole, we're sci 1 ­ing 7!!!

manesag
    manesag

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

View Postnickzombie, on 22 August 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

It will be hard, if not impossible to find a really good editor for free.  Especially one with GPU rendering.

Here's what I'd suggest http://www.sonycreat...moviestudioves.

It's $194, which honestly is really cheap, especially when compared to the creme de la creme products like Premier Pro and Vegas pro which both retail for $ 600-700.  It has the same timeline as Vegas, and it has some basic composting feature.  Sort of like a really really dumbed down After Effects.  

There is also http://www.sonycreat...com/moviestudio
But it's very basic and I wouldn't reccomend it. $50
so even though i said i wanted one like vegas you put vegas ? -_-

Cooler Master HAF 912 Corsair CX600V2 Intel Core [email protected]! Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3  Radeon 6870 8GB DDR3 500GB     My YouTube Channel

obimax
    obimax

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Minecraft: obimax

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yep.

Posted Image

GingerCharisma
  • Minecraft: GingerCharisma

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

If your on Mac, iMovie. If your on PC, Windows Movie Maker. Sorry.
Computer Specs: 4GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 RAM- 320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive- Dual Core Intel Core i5 2415M @2.3 Ghz- Intel HD 3000 Graphics- Only $1200! Yeah, I got a Mac, because I'm stoopid. Scratch that: Intel i5 2500k, 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda, Gigabyte Z68-D3H-B3, 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD 6850, Running OSX.

ConservativeParty

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

View Postmanesag, on 23 August 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

so even though i said i wanted one like vegas you put vegas ? -_-

Vegas Movie studio.  I thought you were reffering to Vegas Pro, which is what 98% of people are reffering to when they say "Sony vegas"

The Commies count their quarters and the ArtSci wish they could, the Engs have the longest pole and slam it home for good, so big, so hard, so tall, it reaches all the way to heaven, so shut your hole, we climbed the pole, we're sci 1 ­ing 7!!!

teckmaster
    teckmaster

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4429 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

who said you have to "BUY" it? You won't be able to find a good video editor for free. As someone else has already said the only thing you can use is imovie or windows movie maker. Which are both terrible I might add.
If a Jewish man is free to grow his beard, a Muslim man should have that same right without being called a terrorist. If a Christian Nun is free to cover her head, a Muslim woman should have the same right without been called oppressed. No double standards!

Ankenmann2
  • Minecraft: ankenmann

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postteckmaster, on 23 August 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

who said you have to "BUY" it? You won't be able to find a good video editor for free. As someone else has already said the only thing you can use is imovie or windows movie maker. Which are both terrible I might add.

You can actually do some pretty decent stuff with WMM (6.0) although I can't say the same for iMovie. As well, iMovie has several major annoyances (eg. dragging a clip from your collection removes the clip, forcing you to re-import it, which NO OTHER EDITING PROGRAM does)
Neckbeards! Doctor Cichocki does not approve of stupidity and neither do I, stop the spread of damned useless rules!

manesag
    manesag

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

is ezvid good?

zmann98
    zmann98

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: zmann98

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

View Postmanesag, on 23 August 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

is ezvid good?
ezvid is pretty decent. i use it and its free so i like it

fm87
    fm87

Beyond the Horizon

• Members
  • 22016 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Sony vegas is only $30 on amazon right now.

That said, virtualdub is free.