• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Tillik
    Tillik

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Is there a way to get real stereoscopic 3D? I mean there is a option to turn on anaglyph 3D, so maybe there are a modder out there who can mod so there is 3D mode that works with a 3D monitor or Videoglasses (like http://store.vuzix.c...g/Wrap_920.html) maybe? =)
Owner of the server minecraft.Nordicfrost.se

Register or log in to remove.

Fezzert
    Fezzert

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Minecraft: Kameroon

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Or crossed eyed?
Posted Image

Tillik
    Tillik

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

dji-unit said:

Or crossed eyed?

Yeah, but talk about a headache! =P

Tillik
    Tillik

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

come on! anyone?

TheUntoldLyric

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I could be wrong, but wouldnt that require a special type of monitor..?

Not sure how the newer 3D works.
The sometimes semi-psychotic male with a femaleish persona.
Don't like it?  Bite me. <3

Dragory
    Dragory

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 32 posts
  • Minecraft: Dragory

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

TheUntoldLyric said:

I could be wrong, but wouldnt that require a special type of monitor..?

Not sure how the newer 3D works.

Basically it doesn't, but with a 60Hz monitor the maximum frame rate you're going to get while playing in 3D is 30.
That's why a 120Hz monitor is recommended (and in most cases also required) to play in 3D.

diegokilla

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

Tillik said:

Is there a way to get real stereoscopic 3D? I mean there is a option to turn on anaglyph 3D, so maybe there are a modder out there who can mod so there is 3D mode that works with a 3D monitor or Videoglasses (like http://store.vuzix.c...g/Wrap_920.html) maybe? =)

Would be great to see this happen. I spent all that (almost wasted) money on my 3d monitor and glasses a while back. Now that i play minecraft so much, I dont use them that often(pretty much never).
Would be VERY nice to deust em off and put them to use in Minecraft :iapprove:

planteter2
  • Minecraft: bluecomputer

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

notch is planning to add more 3D options. look in the List

Posted Image

Jimmy.pl007

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

there is a way in fact its on these forums somewhere.. not sure if it is updated or not but it was an hard to find thing.. so not sure where..
it was basically a program that did all the 3d things
stereoscopic (nvidia) cross eye and anaglyph (in different colors) but it was very buggy
and the sound of minecraft was screwed for me using it..

Jeronimo654

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

news?

mcferson

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

this one. Some says it works. but i'm TOTALY unable to activate stereoscopic 3D with that.
http://www.minecraft...olsnv-3d-vsnfs/

Milikeny
    Milikeny

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Minecraft: milikeny

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

I looked into NVidia's use of 3D and you can do it with any game, just some are less compatible with it (I.E. Sim City 2000 just looks 2D while Doom 3 looks high-end 3d)
In a world where only happiness exists, we would know no happiness, as there would be no sadness to compare it to.

TULOA
    TULOA

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: TULOA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postmcferson, on 29 June 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

this one. Some says it works. but i'm TOTALY unable to activate stereoscopic 3D with that.
http://www.minecraft...olsnv-3d-vsnfs/

Yea this doesnt work for me at the version 1.2.5 now so I was wondering if anyone has heard of any more on the topic?

mcferson

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Still not working and still no update since its launching, in 2011... For 2 years, now...

mcferson

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostMilikeny, on 31 July 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I looked into NVidia's use of 3D and you can do it with any game, just some are less compatible with it (I.E. Sim City 2000 just looks 2D while Doom 3 looks high-end 3d)
Minecraft is not a 3D game, it's a Java game. That not uses DirectX.
Yes, it's one of the stupidities that lead somes to choose Java for game programing (because java "is coooool")... Who can understand that ?
If Java would be so "cooooool", why PROFESSIONAL programers NEVER use it ? Why World of Warcraft or other Super-hit are NOT in java ?

SnipingCoward

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Some update: there is a mod coming for this!

Work in progress, but tests show it works: https://github.com/z...-Minecraft/wiki
Check out the images too. I had quite some fun playing it on a 16.6" 3DTV (LG).

Posted Image

Want positional VOIP? Get the Mod for Mumble Support

craiggowing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

View Postmcferson, on 10 February 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Minecraft is not a 3D game, it's a Java game. That not uses DirectX.
Yes, it's one of the stupidities that lead somes to choose Java for game programing (because java "is coooool")... Who can understand that ?
If Java would be so "cooooool", why PROFESSIONAL programers NEVER use it ? Why World of Warcraft or other Super-hit are NOT in java ?

Not sure if trolling or just ignorant...

Lets start with Java. Java is a programming language, which like other programming languages can use a variety of libraries to use certain features, such as 3d graphics. I praise the choice of Java over other ones such as C# and VB.net. Main reason is platform compatibility, Minecraft works in Windows, MacOS X and Linux quite happily with less maintenance required by the devs. Since many game developers realise that Windows is a dying platform (thank you Valve) we are seeing a rise in the number of cross-platform languages such as Java, Python, C with Qt etc.

Minecraft is also very much a 3D game and makes use of the OpenGL libraries to provide 3D acceleration. OpenGL is again cross-platform, whereas DirectX/Direct3D is for the most part Windows only (there is the Wine project which allows many Windows programs to run happily on Linux). Saying Direct3D is capable of doing more than OpenGL is a popular statement, but in reality both are just software layers on top of the graphics hardware and are both capable of doing exactly the same things.

cyadwauu
    cyadwauu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Minecraft: cyadwauu

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

http://3dvision-blog...php?f=12&t=2067
I just found this and I haven't tried it but it looks really good