Latest News Article

Minecraft PE & PC

pe server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

kakaratos

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Community,

First a quick hello, and a ton of thanks for any help. Today I purchased minecraft for pc and setup the server. I then purchased the minecraft pe x 2 times one for each of my daughters on there android tablets. My goal was we could all play together, but I don't have a tablet ( lucky kids! ). I can connect to the server from the pc, but not the tablets. Is there any magic tricks that would enable me to join them. They played the demo and are hooked, so I figured we could play together to have some fun time.

- Thanks

Register or log in to remove.

xtremetroller
  • Minecraft: xtremetroller14
  • Xbox:who cares? -.-

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

You can play from PC to PE ? epic :D didn't know that :P

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

No, the pc and PE versions are completely different, and you cannot join servers with the pc and PE version, only pc's can join pc servers and only devices that run pocket edition can join pocket edition servers

View Postxtremetroller14, on 19 August 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

You can play from PC to PE ? epic :D didn't know that :P
You can't, he's asking why can't he
Posted Image

kakaratos

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

No that's the goal I hope to accomplish lol, or even them being able to connect to the server setup. It's all on the local network, but the tablets can't see the server.

View PostDeevil768, on 19 August 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

No, the pc and PE versions are completely different, and you cannot join servers with the pc and PE version, only pc's can join pc servers and only devices that run pocket edition can join pocket edition servers

You can't, he's asking why can't he

Dang! Looks like I will have to buy a tablet and the game again. Just sucks the pc version won't work so tossed some dollars down the drain there i suppose. Might still try it out, but yep im a noobie!

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postkakaratos, on 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

No that's the goal I hope to accomplish lol, or even them being able to connect to the server setup. It's all on the local network, but the tablets can't see the server.

Dang! Looks like I will have to buy a tablet and the game again. Just sucks the pc version won't work so tossed some dollars down the drain there i suppose. Might still try it out, but yep im a noobie!
The tablets will never be able to join a server with your pc, because off the fact that all of the things in pc is way different, like world size, even flowers, and if you do get it to work, the phones can't go anywhere outside 256x256 blocks outside the spawn, and any block you place thats not in their game will most likely crash there phones, and it's not a total waste because minecraft on pc is a very good game

Also "Justs sucks the pc version won't work" it does work, you're just not able to do something with it that it's not meant to do
Posted Image

Qazfdsa
    Qazfdsa

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

View Postkakaratos, on 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

If ur looking for a high performance and cheap android tablet, get the nexus 7
Please, click it so it doesn't die or if you want your own :) --> Posted Image

mobster101

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

I know the post is to long aged but you can download minecraft pe on pc now you can play together but it will be boring unless minecraft 0.7.1 is released. You can make a server in minecraft pe using router ip blah blah blah but you can alson connect via local wifi

Demeter
    Demeter

Absolute Class

• Retired Staff
  • 363 posts
  • Minecraft: AidanNC

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

The PC and PE versions unfortunately cant connect to each other because they are completely different games, run on different servers and have different code (PC uses java and PE uses C++ i believe)

To be honest i dont know any magic tricks and i doubt there are any sorry