• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

I am building a new home and need bone meal for pale colored wool. I know that some of the mine chests have bone - is there any other way to get some bone?

Thanks!
I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Register or log in to remove.

Thesmorganator

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Other than the desert temples, I don't think so.

Posted Image

rockonruup1

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Turn to easy.

View PostNotch, on 24 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Rockonruup1 is awsome!

fletch254

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

You have a chance of getting bones in a desert temple I believe, and maybe a Jungle Temple? (Not 100% on that one).

But you'd be much better off just flipping it into easy for a few minutes, kill some skele's and voila! BONES!
Popo don't make me way, way. Cause if you ever try to lock me up, I'm pleading cray cray!

Spark31
    Spark31

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Minecraft: Spark31

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Im pretty sure you can get bones in junge temples ,desert pyramids ,adandoned mineshafts ,and dungeons.So if you dont want to switch to easy then go find one of those...
Posted Image

FantasiaX
  • Minecraft: Yayoushiko

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Turn it to easy or Normal !

Epicness1324

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Turn it to easy in a desert or place where there aren't any trees. When night comes, hide in a shelter, but don't sleep. Once the sun rises, the skeletons will start burning, and you are free to collect their drops.
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Don't play on Peaceful. Listen, Minecraft is easy enough as it is. There's no need to be afraid of some puny vanilla mobs on easy mode.

Why would you play on peaceful anyway? -_-

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

GriizDevelopment

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

He's asking for a way to do this in peaceful, not te obvious. That's what minecraft is all about, being able to customize it to your liking. Maybe he is working on something that requires peaceful, or some sort of project.
Posted Image

Epicness1324

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostYuriKahn, on 19 August 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Don't play on Peaceful. Listen, Minecraft is easy enough as it is. There's no need to be afraid of some puny vanilla mobs on easy mode.

Why would you play on peaceful anyway? Posted Image

He can play on peaceful if he wants. Deal with it. Maybe he doesn't want a creeper to blow up his house. Maybe he doesn't want to get shot down when he is building. Maybe he just wants to build or explore or something, but not have to worry about getting killed by mobs
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

drdoom30
    drdoom30

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't think you can?

Monkeyeperor

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postmappam, on 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

I am building a new home and need bone meal for pale colored wool. I know that some of the mine chests have bone - is there any other way to get some bone?

Thanks!
I'm not being rude, I'm just wondering why you are playing on peaceful? Is it just a preference?

On topic: I think you can get it in dungeons and sand temples.
Posted Image

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for all the replies and info!

I am on Peacefull while I build my home and decorate - then I go to a "mob" mode. While out gathering I don't want to get stuck somewhere at night and use my supplies to build a shelter etc. I want the freedom to build/create without mobs.

But I want some pale colors for my wool and decorating. I am building an adobe (sandstone) home and want the teal and light blue along with the brown wool. Southwestern colors (the red bed is going to have to be worked around lol).

Too bad "we" don't have the ability to get bone from killing cows, pigs or chickens......OR a way to add another white wool to a dark blue to get the lighter color.....

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Abecedarius
  • Minecraft: Abecedarius

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Now that I think about it, playing only on peaceful would be an interesting challenge since you would have almost no access at all to most mob drops. Too bad the difficulty and hunger speed are merged...
"Redstone is a powerful thing. By itself, it does a lot of crazy stuff. When you add lots of it together, it does even more crazier stuff." -Dinnerbone

BLOBBERNATOR
  • Minecraft: Erickdinho

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

TooManyItems ¬‿¬

lastnewtstandin

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hi fellow peaceful player.

I too avoid the mobs as my world is to mob friendly at the mo. Playing on xbox thou so no stackable food yet makes having mobs on way too time consuming. I hope when we get melons they and other food might stack eliminating the need to carry lots of wheat for bread.

Back on topic. To get bones i found a skele spawner and made a trap for it that i can use for my bonemeal needs.
I know its not ideal but you can make it safe and go back to peaceful when done.

I know its not a direct answer nor ideal but i hope it helps

Newt

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

I am on a PC

I am female LOL

- thanks for the feedback.

String is also something that is hard to get - SHOULD be able to make from wool - duh.....

To me all items that are required for crafting should be available - someway - in peaceful. So one can decorate and build - THEN hunt.

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

I am on a PC

I am female LOL

- thanks for the feedback.

String is also something that is hard to get - SHOULD be able to make from wool - duh.....

To me all items that are required for crafting should be available - someway - in peaceful. So one can decorate and build - THEN hunt.

funky3000

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Desert temples
Jungle temples
Cheats
Open LAN for temporary cheats
Mods
Upping the difficulty

TheOtherDrew

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

If you don't want to kill mobs yourself, build a simple mob trap. You'll still need to flip your game to at least easy though.