• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Texture packs for Xbox 360!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PROMITCHDOG

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

How many of you think that texture packs should be free downloadables on Xbox live!

Register or log in to remove.

18cwatford

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

As much as I can agree, I think this goes in Texturing discussion.
Asdfghjkl (As-dif-fig-ull)

Mighty_Latino

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Maybe not free, but i fully support the idea.

"Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow."

-Squidward Tentacals

PROMITCHDOG

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

they are free on pc and you can get them from anywhere! i think it should be the same for Xbox 360!

GrassyFilth
    GrassyFilth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1178 posts
  • Location: North-East Yorkshire, England... Because I win at life
  • Minecraft: fredg01

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

....then texture artists have to retexture the entire GUI, no thank you..... But some people might.

Posted Image

Check it out!↑↑ I'll give you a cookie. Promise.

I smile because I have no idea whats going on.

Alvoria
    Alvoria

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4040 posts
  • Minecraft: Alvoria

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Yes, I totally do! I feel that we the fans should be able to make Texture Packs for all versions of the game, and that they should be totally free if we, the artists, deem it to be so. I think you should also be able to make and use your own skins for all versions of the game! Posted Image

Too bad this is a Microsoft platform we're talking about and there's no way in the nether they'd allow a player to do anything without charging money for it. Posted Image

Posted Image

Seradicus
    Seradicus

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Minecraft: lo0katmyname

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostPsychoSupreme, on 19 August 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yes, I totally do! I feel that we the fans should be able to make Texture Packs for all versions of the game, and that they should be totally free if we, the artists, deem it to be so. I think you should also be able to make and use your own skins for all versions of the game! Posted Image
Too bad this is a Microsoft platform we're talking about and there's no way in the nether they'd allow a player to do anything without charging money for it. Posted Image
Microsoft is strange. Their consoles are a poor person's worst nightmare. Their computers are your best bet for low budget, though.

I don't see any reason why texture packs shouldn't happen, though I'm not entirely sure how it would work. Just post it on a specific site, or what? There's also the problem that anything above 16x needs to be patched on PC, I'm not sure whether the same would be true for the 360 version.

Ah, man. That site would be heaven. No swines posting bucket-fill or default edits behind adf.ly links... *drifts off*

OneWingedPie
  • Minecraft: OneWingedPie

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well they can't charge money for content that someone else has made without there own consent right? Therefore they would have to be free
Posted Image

Alvoria
    Alvoria

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4040 posts
  • Minecraft: Alvoria

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostOneWingedPie, on 19 August 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Well they can't charge money for content that someone else has made without there own consent right? Therefore they would have to be free
No, because they'd have to charge artists to have someone inspect the pack to make sure we don't hide naughty things in there and make sure it actually works. After that they'd then charge the player a 'service charge' for the privilege of using the service.

Companies have tried to put free content on XBL since it began. I don't know of anyone that's yet succeeded. :(

Posted Image

Sven10
    Sven10

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Minecraft: Sven10

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

As much as I agree, this will never happen.

Xbox is a closed system, thereby everyone who wants their content -even updates, yes updates- on it will have to pay microsoft a small fee. There's absolutely no way microsoft will try to deviate from that model.
They are trying to do the same thing to pc, but that will never happen, due to it already being too open to control.

Also, this will never happen officially. I think there will be ways to do it via other methods.
I don't own an xbox, so all my information is based off what I read and guess. :P
Posted Image

OneWingedPie
  • Minecraft: OneWingedPie

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostPsychoSupreme, on 19 August 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

No, because they'd have to charge artists to have someone inspect the pack to make sure we don't hide naughty things in there and make sure it actually works. After that they'd then charge the player a 'service charge' for the privilege of using the service.

Companies have tried to put free content on XBL since it began. I don't know of anyone that's yet succeeded. :(

Oh... I don't really understand these sorts of things :P
Posted Image