• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.5] Slappy McCracken's Ocean Life Expanded - Almost 200 new mobs in the initial release! Now with a . between 2 and 5! YAY!

ocean water fish coral reef whale plants frog winning the game of life

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
413 replies to this topic

Aegon
    Aegon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostSniperofthebrine, on 01 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Well, if it worked in 1.2.5, it should definately work with the latters. However, in the instance of it becoming corrupt, because of not being compatable (The chances, eh?), you could learn about transfering to Forge. However, if you're happy with Modloader, I say you go for it. I'm sure plenty of people, who are very excited for a re-release, will give you a list of any bugs that occur. I will definately be using this alongside Mo' Creatures. If all ends well, I shall report back. Take your time, though, Kerik. If anything happens in the real world that keeps you from doing this, it's no big deal. I do still hope your father gets better. And say Hi to DJ for me :3

And yet, Mojang is adding things like fireworks and potatoes instead of working on the Modding API. May just be my opinion, but you should start up a modding team for this :D

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

fabricator77

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postkerik, on 02 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Bad news, all the swim code is jacked, they're jittery as hell, swimming sideways and all around not working right. Worse news? The plants no longer work. At all. I disabled every bit of their code except the bare minimum for them to exist... they refuse to exist. Minecraft crashes without fail as soon as I spawn one in.

I'm wondering if the new Forge Direction code could somehow be involved in the movement problems, tried using the new Forge methods for that ?

If you want a hand with the plants let me know, underwater plants is on the todo list for my mod anyway. Would probably be easier than the strange bugs I've been solving lately.

kerik
    kerik

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Movement is jittery and uneven in a clean modloader install as well, unfortunately. I'm just going to have to spend endless hours tweaking it until it doesn't annoy the hell out of me any more. With the plants I'm beginning to suspect Minecraft just isn't digging all the individual pieces, animated or not, I'd hate to have to re-do them.

As for the laptop, I have everything off/lowered as much as possible, and I have Optifine installed. It only just does manage 25fps on average with no other mods, Intel's chipsets (especially the older ones) lack proper OpenGL support so performance is shoddy at best. We've solved the issue for now with a virtual machine. It's quick enough to run Tekkit Lite on short+16 distance with average settings, so it works well enough until such time as I can afford a copy of softXpand to do multi-seat.
Posted Image

Zombielogic
  • Minecraft: ZombieLogic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

owo try sending a test bed copy to someone with a harder core computer?

kerik
    kerik

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I've got a 3ghz quad core, 16gb of RAM, 2 GPUs and 2tb of hdd space, if it doesn't work right on this it doesn't work period. Nice try though ;)
Posted Image

Zombielogic
  • Minecraft: ZombieLogic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

ah well, good luck on getting the bug pinned down.

Clatopazio

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Aww man I loved those underwater plants, so you mean that the corals doesn´t work either? It is impresendible for most of sea creatures, and they have very good model and texture though. So anyway that is the power of Mojang to mess up all the mods.

"I disabled every bit of their code except the bare minimum for them to exist... they refuse to exist." Oh I almost smile, then i just though, this is bad.

kerik
    kerik

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I was livid about that. Not sure what's causing it, but I got rid of them for now... and I'm not sure what's causing the jumpy fish other than the new MP code (which overall seems to make the game run worse, thanks to the internal server that loads up with the game). I refuse to release without the plants though, they really make the game pop IMO.
Posted Image

xxxzzzmark

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

View Postkerik, on 04 February 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Yeah, I was livid about that. Not sure what's causing it, but I got rid of them for now... and I'm not sure what's causing the jumpy fish other than the new MP code (which overall seems to make the game run worse, thanks to the internal server that loads up with the game). I refuse to release without the plants though, they really make the game pop IMO.
:( That really sucks... I've done a bit of modding too so I can relate to the fact that with every update something breaks. I'm also trying to get a better computer... with the new technologies and programs and games it is requiring a lot more computer power.
I'd really like to help but I haven't modded since 1.5_0.1 I'm sure a lot of the coding has changed since then too. Best of luck, hang in there Kerik!
A signature was supposed to be here but your computer decided not to show it.

Clatopazio

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

So the problem right now are the plants, and other not-moving entities? The fish AI are arleady ready? If that so, I suppose that it wont be much proble for you to solve it (I hope).

Don´t give up it is almost done you have our support, at least I.

CuddleWoozle
  • Minecraft: Cuddle_Woozle

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Oh no...the plants were lovely!  They made walking around following a river not so horribly boring.  :P

*slaps Minecraft with a stick*  BEHAVE YOU FILTHY CODE!
Posted Image

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hey Kerik, this fishing mod works quite well, http://www.minecraft...d-more-1000-ds/ I was wondering if there could be some interconnectivity between it and yours - being able to catch your fish for example. He also might have some tips on how to get your fish working?

elephantree

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

are you guys still in the process of updating?
Posted Image

kerik
    kerik

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

I actually looked into making a fishing mod at one point... legit fishing, not "cast a rod and an invisible fish bites". I got them to randomly attract to the rod if you had the right type of bait, but I couldn't get the rod to snag them that way. It's something I'm still interested in, but the default Minecraft fishing isn't something I'm interested in expanding, strictly speaking.
Posted Image

ChntalX
    ChntalX

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: ChntalX

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

For which minecraft version is it?

midsea
    midsea

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postnexonoid, on 26 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

are u installing it on 1.4.X -___- ?

...Possibly , I don't know how to get an older version though :c.

kerik
    kerik

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

The current public release is for 1.2.5, the current unplayable half working bugfest test version is currently 1.4.7. If you are trying to use the version in this thread with Minecraft 1.3.x or 1.4.x it will not work.
Posted Image

Chancebozey

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postkerik, on 02 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Good news, bad news, worse news. Good news is, all the creatures have successfully been ported over to 1.4.7... running them alongside Tekkit Lite as we speak. Bad news, all the swim code is jacked, they're jittery as hell, swimming sideways and all around not working right. Worse news? The plants no longer work. At all. I disabled every bit of their code except the bare minimum for them to exist... they refuse to exist. Minecraft crashes without fail as soon as I spawn one in. That said, this "every update breaks everything without fail" crap is part of why I don't release updates more often. It happened repeatedly with the koi... I get them working just right, new update comes about, they're messed up again. Doesn't even make sense because most of my code doesn't reference default movement. So... update progress: No time soon, apparently.

Had the same issues with jittering in my fish mobs and several others too. For a quick fix I removed the movespeed modifier on the mobs that were affected which smoothed the animation and movement out. Now they swim too fast and it makes the animations over exaggerated. I have not revisited the issue yet but again it had something to do with the movespeed modifier. It is like something is trying to overwrite it and so it causes jittering or no movement at all. Of course it does not do this with all my mobs but i didn't spend more time on it yet to try and pin down the problem.
I would suggest using Forge. The forge team have been improving alot but they are not very helpful when you ask questions. The good news is that there are several people with good tutorials on creating mods using Forge such as Wuppy21 . I hope this helps Posted Image Keep up the great work!

Posted Image

Knight__Jacob
  • Minecraft: Knight__Jacob

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

What ever happand to the Koi mod? I really miss it, it sure was something special.
J.R

hawkztwofortytwo
  • Minecraft: Mastaaa
  • Xbox:HAWKZ242

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

And so the sprawling idiot effigy that is Slappy McCracken's Ocean Life Expanded returns to the front page once more...
Love this mod XD
And Banners are broken for me. Instead, have a boring, generic signature.