• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Asgard Shield: Sword -n- Board Action: *Added Knockback Enchant Support* [V2.0.4 upd: MAY 26]

[1.5.2] smp- forge shields giant swords vanguard asaddons

• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

Poll: Asgard Shield V1.1.0 Feedbak (496 member(s) have cast votes)

How are you enjoying the new Guard Gauge?

1. The GG adds a new fun mechanic to Minecraft. (331 votes [66.73%])

Percentage of vote: 66.73%

2. I feel the GG drains too fast, slow it down (165 votes [33.27%])

Percentage of vote: 33.27%

Should Shield Block chance be removed do to GG being added?

1. Keep both, adds difficulty to the game (284 votes [57.26%])

Percentage of vote: 57.26%

2. Yes, please remove the random Block Chance (212 votes [42.74%])

Percentage of vote: 42.74%

What should the next Exclusive ASAddon Be?

1. MineFantasy (76 votes [15.32%])

Percentage of vote: 15.32%

2. Twilight Forest (239 votes [48.19%])

Percentage of vote: 48.19%

3. New Boss Slaying gear rewards (127 votes [25.60%])

Percentage of vote: 25.60%

4. More Harken Scythe themed equipment (54 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Version 1.5.2

[Media Highlight]

*By: Alteran88*

[Other Media]
Spoiler:

[Features]

[1] Adds shields and guarding mechanics to Minecraft. *Optional SmartMoving Exhaustion System*
[2] Four shields can be Crafted, Upgraded, and fully Enchantable -Totaling 8 shields-

[2.1] Zed Swords, Slash n Guard and fully Enchantable  -Totaling 5 giant swords-
[+] Addons:

-Nether-Ender, two new tiers of equipment -Totaling 4 shields & 2 giant swords-
-Hallowed, three new tiers of equipment- Totaling 6 shields & 3 giant swords-
-Harken Scythe, a new tier of equipment- Totaling 2 shields & 1 giant sword- *Forge Only*
[3] SSP and SMP Support.
[4] Future Content.
[5] Special Thanks.

[~] Item ID's

Forge:
Spoiler:

[*]Special Supported Mods: -SmartMoving, Harken Scythe, Back Tools-

Those who use Back Tools Mod: Please place this line of code in your mod_BackTools.cfg file found in your Config Folder.
----> classSupport=mod_AsgardShield.common.ItemAsgardShield:3:0  <-------

[Downloads]
*If your updating, please delete your old Config files*

Forge Version:
1.5.2 Asgard Shield Core v2.0.4

Older Forge:

Asgard Shield Addons (Forge):
Nether-Ender
1.5.2 AS Addon: Nether-Ender v2.0.0

Older:

Hallowed
1.5.2 AS Addon: Hallowed v2.0.0

Older:

Harken Scythe
1.5.2 AS Addon: HarkenScythe v2.0.0

Older:

Texture Addons:
Forge Version: *New*

[Install]

-Video-
Spoiler:

Forge Install:
Requires: Forge API
Spoiler:

[1] Asguard Shield name is inspired by the Golem from the Wild Arms Series. Whose name means to "Protect by an impenetrable wall".

Zed Sword name is inspired by the Metal Demon from the first Wild Arms. He wields the massive blade "Doombringer", who at the end becomes an Protector.

[Guarding Mechanics]
Spoiler:

[Vanguard System]
Spoiler:

[Guard Gauge System, Harken Scythe Support, and SmartMoving support]
Spoiler:

[Back Tools Support]
Spoiler:

[2] Posted Image Asgard Shields: Four types of shields can be crafted and upgraded. !!Gold can be used to improve stats!!
Spoiler:

[2.1] Posted Image Zed Swords: Five types of giant swords can be crafted. !! Able to Guard attacks however no Vanguard ability !!
Spoiler:

[+] Addons: New tiers of equipment can be crafted using materials supported by other mods.
Spoiler:

[3] Asgard Shield is fully SSP and SMP Compatible. Be sure both Client and Server AsgardShieldConfig.txt have the same Item.ID vaules.

[4] As Minecraft continues to shape and grow with new content so will Asgard Shield. New features will be release down the road as coding permits.
Spoiler:

[5] Special Thanks to many people who have helped me. Either by textures, code solutions, and support Posted Image
Spoiler:

[Change Log] -Current
05/26/13
1.5.2 Asgard Shield_Core 2.0.4 Released: Added Knockback enchantment effects.

Older
Spoiler:

[Legal Stuff]
*** Asgard Shield (and all future addons) is protected by its Author- Jade Knightblazer. ***
Do not redistribute any form of this mod with other download links. Any shared links must be from the Official download addresses found on "http://www.minecraft... asgard shield". All unauthorized links will be reported!

Special Support:Posted Image

Posted Image

*** While working  as a community Dokucraft Artist, I want to hear from you Posted Image Submit any Shield or Sword Textures and Media ***

Please press the "( + )" to show your support! ---v

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Kup29
    Kup29

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'll Mod Spotlight this soon, and by soon I mean tomorrow probably.
Also, first!
EDIT: After a very long time, I decided that I'd make a spotlight. So here you go!

PS: Don't forget to hit that Subscribe button down there to see more awesome videos in the future!
PS2: Turn Annotations ON because I'm a total idiot and forgot a couple stuff >.<
Subscribe to FlamingHotGaming for Minecraft, League of Legends, Assassin's Creed, AND MUCH MORE TO COME!

nerd-boy
    nerd-boy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2975 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Ahh Jade, great to see you back in business with this. I was actually going to do a very similar mechanic for the 1.3 "shield mod" I was going to do (soon as though I can't do battlegear anymore).

Good luck wit the mod, and feel free to PM me with any further questions.

nerd-boy

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Update: [1.3.2] Asgard Shield v1.0.0 ML released

Posted Image

Dimeborg

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks dude. great mod.
Posted Image

JohnCollins
  • Minecraft: JohnCollins5091

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

This looks quite similar to 'Mine & Blades' mod.

BeTheMac

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

DUDE! I loved Wild Arms. You should do a full WA Mod! I'd love to have the tech and the spells from that in MC. I only played #1, how many did they end up doing?

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostBeTheMac, on 20 August 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

DUDE! I loved Wild Arms. You should do a full WA Mod! I'd love to have the tech and the spells from that in MC. I only played #1, how many did they end up doing?

They went up to 5 with one spinoff game for the psp, and a great remake of the first Wild Arms by Agetec.  (Wild Arms: Alter Code F) <-- Highly suggest playing Posted Image  7 total and waiting for another, not enough western based RPGs.

View PostJohnCollins, on 20 August 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Honestly Asgard Shield mod (Old version) and Nerd-boy Shields mod (Old Version) came out the same time XD (around Jan. 2012). I do love Nerd-boy's work, but its not SMP T_T. So I am Overhauling/finishing Asgard Shield for players and servers of the like.

NEWS: Asgard Shield is 80% Complete interfacing with SmartMoving Mod.

What does this mean? Players that have SmartMoving mod install will also gain new blocking Exhaustion system. *Guarding* makes you tired! No more turtleing Posted Image
*This will be optional in the config file: "Enable SmartMovingGuard"*  !!May include Exhaustion system to Sword Parry too, based on feedback!!

Players without SmartMoving Mod will have Asgard Shield functions as normal. Since this is a standalone mod.

Posted Image

BeTheMac

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

So wait, Wild Arms: Alter Code F is the release of the first version? (Just looked on Wikipedia... OOOOH COOL!) Shite... School's starting again soon, I wish I hadda heard of this earleir this summer.

Yes... Create the ARMS! Muahahaha. Twin orbs was always my favourite one.
1.) Hand Cannon - You have it at the beginning of game
2.) Prism Laser - Found in the Cage Tower near Saint Centour
3.) Rocket Launcher - Volcanon Trap located in the inner ocean
4.) Twin Orbs - Photosphere
5.) Bazooka - Demon's Lab
6.) Phazer - Gemini Fortress
7.) Wild Bunch - Arctica Castle
8.) Arc Smash - Malduke main area (sewer pipes)

Awesome to hear about the Smart Moving compatibility as well.

Actually, I'm trying to get some people together to make a mod that will allow you to (eventually) build your own mechs using gears, motors and other mechanical things like that. If it gets off the ground one day you might be able to build your own Asgard in MC. http://www.minecraft.../#entry17349581 it's possibly something you might be interested in.

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Update: 08/20/12: 1.3.1 Asgard Shield v1.0.1 Released- SmartMoving Exhaustion System Support.
Players with Both SmartMoving and Asgard Shield mods installed get extra bonues Posted Image *Completely Optional with Enable/Disable Config*

Check under the [Guarding Mechanics] for a complete breakdown of this new interfaced system.

View PostBeTheMac, on 21 August 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

-snip-

Mechs in Minecraft eh? Should be an Armored Core mod Posted Image
As for ARMS... yeah soon as I finish up this mod (need a few more features hammered out and Forge), i'll see what I can do Posted Image

News: Vanguard System is nearly complete, last details have come down to this.

A: Vanguard: (Action)- Should use exp to activate, allowing the skill to be used whenever the player needs it.

-OR-

B: Vanguard: (Action)- Should use charges to activate, charges are built while player Guards agaisn't incoming damage.

-OR-

C: Post your suggestions. likes/dislikes.

Posted Image

VincentX3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Downloading :3 Seems amazing!
Cheers

LEGEND OF ZELDA - MUSIC PACK

Posted Image

nerd-boy
    nerd-boy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2975 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostJohnCollins, on 20 August 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Why do people always jump to the conclusion that something fishy is going on? Both Jade and I released shield mods within days of each other, since then I continued developing which ended up turning into battlegear. Jade stopped developing until now and picked it up again. In fact I have been trying (and possibly failing at) helping with a few problems he was having.

He has done a great job and shouldn't have to put up with people insinuating that he stole the mod.

Posted Image

VincentX3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Just tried it out and made Zelda textures for all the shields, it came out sweet Posted Image

Just a suggestion, you should make the shield you have in your furthest right inventory bar (The default slot) appear on your back.
It would be cool to see other players and their shields on their backs, it's just appearance but a good one none the less.

Also in the future you should try to make the guarding animation have the shield appear on the arm instead of the hand (Like a normal shield block would), as of now it just looks awkward and it's weird seeing people block with the shields on their hands.

Either way cool mod and I'm glad its SMP :)
Cheers

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Glad you like it, and nice suggestions (however I never went into rendering). Mind posting your Zelda Shields? I'll place them as a texture pack-Credit will be yours.

Posted Image

BeTheMac

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Dude. Armoured Core too? Very nice. Always nice to meet another fellow with some taste. Shite, I just want to be able to wander around in a self built vehicle that has moving parts. Ships and Boats is awesome, but it still lacks that mechanical feel that I really liked about MC beta. I can't believe they went for that stupid enchanting system over expanding the pistons and other stuff to manipulate the world which is why I got so hooked on the game. The other thing about MechSys that I don't think ppl are realizing is you'll be able to make things in your bases move, like gates, or drawbridges without the pain that pistons cause. You'll be able to make a 20 block long worm screw or rack and pinion (I think that's what I'm thinking of) that extends all the way just powering one block. Or recreate the disappearing under the sand castle from FF6

I was just thinking about what a pain in the butt that would be to introduce and remembered there's a mech mod in the works. http://www.minecraft...d/page__st__420

View Postnerd-boy, on 21 August 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Why do people always jump to the conclusion that something fishy is going on? Both Jade and I released shield mods within days of each other, since then I continued developing which ended up turning into battlegear. Jade stopped developing until now and picked it up again. In fact I have been trying (and possibly failing at) helping with a few problems he was having.

He has done a great job and shouldn't have to put up with people insinuating that he stole the mod.

This should be put on the front page, 'cause no one reads back, and it should be made clear so this forum isn't flooded with "duh, you stole dis.. You bad" all the bloody time.

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostBeTheMac, on 21 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

This should be put on the front page, 'cause no one reads back, and it should be made clear so this forum isn't flooded with "duh, you stole dis.. You bad" all the bloody time.

Nah its ok, just give people time :)

Posted Image

BeTheMac

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostJade Knightblazer, on 21 August 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Update: 08/20/12: 1.3.1 Asgard Shield v1.0.1 Released- SmartMoving Exhaustion System Support.
Players with Both SmartMoving and Asgard Shield mods installed get extra bonues Posted Image *Completely Optional with Enable/Disable Config*

Check under the [Guarding Mechanics] for a complete breakdown of this new interfaced system.

Mechs in Minecraft eh? Should be an Armored Core mod Posted Image
As for ARMS... yeah soon as I finish up this mod (need a few more features hammered out and Forge), i'll see what I can do Posted Image

News: Vanguard System is nearly complete, last details have come down to this.

A: Vanguard: (Action)- Should use exp to activate, allowing the skill to be used whenever the player needs it.

-OR-

B: Vanguard: (Action)- Should use charges to activate, charges are built while player Guards agaisn't incoming damage.

-OR-

C: Post your suggestions. likes/dislikes.

Love the Vanguard idea. I'm leaning towards the charges build up method myself although the exp sounds like it would have its advantages.

Posted Image

JeffLeong51
  • Minecraft: JeffLeong51

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Here is my review video please review it :)

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostJeffLeong51, on 21 August 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Here is my review video please review it Posted Image

Odd glich you found at the end of the video. I believe I fixed this issue already in the current build I am working on. Posted Image Which version is installed? 1.0.0 or 1.0.1

Decent review, you should show off all the Special Perks in action also test the shields weaknesses.

NEWS: Next update will feature quite a few more features.

-Visual Efftects while shields are damaged
-Vangard System
-And a special surprise to those that enjoy *heavy lifting* --> B.A.S <-- hint.

Posted Image

VincentX3

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostJade Knightblazer, on 21 August 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Glad you like it, and nice suggestions (however I never went into rendering). Mind posting your Zelda Shields? I'll place them as a texture pack-Credit will be yours.

I'm still working on the textures at the moment, the stone shields are not done yet either.
Any suggestions for them? I don't think any Zelda shield really fits stone.

I'll post them once their done :)
Cheers

Posted Image