[1.6.2] [SSP/SMP] Chocolate Mod

ssp mod chocolate bar white blocks cookies cake smp 1.6.2

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Saphir09
  • Minecraft: masterkiller09

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Chocolate Mod

As the name of it implies, this little Mod adds the opportunity to craft edible chocolate to the game! Thanks to Chopter for helping me out with the textures for chocolate bricks.Posted Image
You can also find this Mod on CurseForge.

Mod Spotlights
(Thanks to all of you who are making these amazing videos! Posted ImagePosted Image)

English:
Spoiler:

German:
Spoiler:

Spanish:
Spoiler:

Compatible Texture Packs:

- [64x] Nobody's Pack   by DarkSirNobody
- [8x] SimplySolid   by Green_Anole_Lover

Download:

Latest Update: 16.8.13

https://www.dropbox....td/oTFIACaTUb?m

(Newest version for 1.6.2 for Forge + all previous versions)

Content:

- Makes Milk stackable up to 64

(optional - Just decide on whether you install the single class file or not.)

+ Adds Liquid Chocolate:
restores 1 food bar

+ Adds Chocolate Bar:
restores 2 food bars + heals 3 hearts, always edible

+ Adds Liquid White Chocolate:
restores 1 food bar

+ Adds White Chocolate Bar:
restores 3 food bars

+ Adds Chocolate Apple:
restores 4 food bars, heals 5 hearts,
always edible

+ Adds White Chocolate Apple:
restores 5 food bars

+ Adds Chocolate Egg:
restores 3 food bars, heals 3 hearts, always edible

+ Adds White Chocolate Egg:
restores 4 food bars

+ Adds Chocolate Cookie:
restores 1,5 food bars + heals 1 heart, always edible

+ Adds Chocolate Cake:
placeable, restores 2 food bars per slice

+ Adds Chocolate Sword / White Chocolate Sword

+ Adds Chocolate Bow / White Chocolate Bow

+ Adds Chocolate Tools / White Chocolate Tools

+ Adds Chocolate Armor / White Chocolate Armor

+ Adds Chocolate Block / White Chocolate Block

+ Adds Chocolate Bricks / White Chocolate Bricks

+ Adds Chocolate Slab / White Chocolate Slab

+ Adds Chocolate Stairs / White Chocolate Stairs

+ Adds Chocolate Fence / White Chocolate Fence

+ Adds Achievements (Now in both English and German!)

Crafting Recipes:

Items

Liquid Chocolate / Liquid White Chocolate
Spoiler:

Chocolate Bar / White Chocolate Bar
Spoiler:

Chocolate Cookie
Spoiler:

Chocolate Cake
Spoiler:

Chocolate Apple & Egg / White Chocolate Apple & Egg
Spoiler:

Chocolate Sword / White Chocolate Sword
Spoiler:

Chocolate Bow, Tools & Armor / White Chocolate Bow, Tools & Armor
Spoiler:

Blocks

Chocolate Block / White Chocolate Block
Spoiler:

Chocolate Bricks / White Chocolate Bricks
Spoiler:

Chocolate Slab / White Chocolate Slab
Spoiler:

Chocolate Stairs / White Chocolate Stairs
Spoiler:

Chocolate Fence / White Chocolate Fence
Spoiler:

Banner:

Posted Image

You can download this image here and link this site on it to share my Mod or just to have an awesome signature!
Posted Image

If you want to see my other Mods, here you go!

Installation:

Version 1.6.2:

1.) Download and install Forge
2.) Download the Mod files and extract them (for example with 7zip)
3.) Copy the zip folder called "ChocolateMod_1.6.2_v12" into your "mods" folder (".minecraft" -> "mods")
4.) Copy & paste the configuration file called "chocolate" (located in a folder called "config" in the Mod folder) into your config folder (".minecraft" -> "config")
5.) If you want to make milk buckets stackable, open your jar (Start -> %appdata% -> Enter -> ".minecraft" -> "versions" -> select the folder of the profile you want to use -> open jar file) and continue with 6.)
6.) Drag & drop the single class file into your .jar and make sure the folder "META-INF" is deleted
7.) Run Minecraft and enjoy my Mod!

Older versions:

Spoiler:

Terms and Conditions:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kainfx
    kainfx

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

nice mod but im missing the textures, the items are invisible
Posted Image

Saphir09

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postkainfx, on 18 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

nice mod but im missing the textures, the items are invisible

You have to make sure you've drag & dropped the file in the "gui" folder into the "gui" folder in your minecraft.jar so it replaces the file.
Also, the textures will only be visible, if you're using the default texture pack.
Posted Image

AngryChipmunk99

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

IM EATING MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLDEN LEGGINGS WAT THE HELL IZ UP

Saphir09

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostAngryChipmunk99, on 19 August 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

IM EATING MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLDEN LEGGINGS WAT THE HELL IZ UP

Are you sure you put the "items".png file into your gui folder?
Posted Image

Saphir09

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

I updated the version for 1.3.2 and added both white chocolate and a few changes of the normal chocolate: If you craft chocolate bars, you'll get 2 chocolate bars instead of 1 and the normal chocolate bar will restore 3 food bars and 1 heart, while white chocolate bars will restore 4 food bars but no hearts. Both liquid types of chocolate are now drinkable and will restore 1 food bar.Posted Image
Posted Image

CPU_Easy
  • Minecraft: CPU_Easy

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Nice mod, adds a "sweet" element to the game of Minecraft.

Saphir09

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostCPU_Easy, on 21 August 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Nice mod, adds a "sweet" element to the game of Minecraft.

Thanks!^^
There are also sweets in vanilla Minecraft (cookies and cakes) but chocolate was definitely missingPosted Image
Posted Image

DPlayer234
  • Minecraft: DPlayer234

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Why do i have to place liquid chocolate in the middle of the crafting grid of the crafting table to get bars?
Placing it at other positions than in the pictures doesn't work
Live can be hard. Minecraft can be too. If you don't want too, don't turn difficulty to hard.
IF you want it really hard, install TerraFirmaCraft. XD

Saphir09

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostDPlayer234, on 23 August 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Why do i have to place liquid chocolate in the middle of the crafting grid of the crafting table to get bars?
Placing it at other positions than in the pictures doesn't work

It doesn't work at other positions, because I added the crafting recipe as you can see it in this post only. I'll probably change that in my next update.
Posted Image
Posted Image

DPlayer234
  • Minecraft: DPlayer234

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just because the "the-texture-is-invisible"-issue:
Because this mod uses items.png and texture packs usually doesn't support this mod (yet), the textures are invisible.
In other words: In the texture pack you are using are blank textures at the chocolate-texture-position

@Saphir09: If you used ModLoader and an extra texture for your mod, this issue would been fixed + Better compatibility with other mods
Live can be hard. Minecraft can be too. If you don't want too, don't turn difficulty to hard.
IF you want it really hard, install TerraFirmaCraft. XD

Saphir09

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostDPlayer234, on 23 August 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Just because the "the-texture-is-invisible"-issue:
Because this mod uses items.png and texture packs usually doesn't support this mod (yet), the textures are invisible.
In other words: In the texture pack you are using are blank textures at the chocolate-texture-position

@Saphir09: If you used ModLoader and an extra texture for your mod, this issue would been fixed + Better compatibility with other mods

I already knew the reason, why it only worked with the default texture pack, but I didn't really know how to solve that problem. Since this is my first Minecraft mod, I'm experiencing such kind of issues for the first time. Therefore, thanks for your help.Posted Image
I'll try to put your suggestion into the next update of my mod.
Posted Image

Chopter
    Chopter

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Minecraft: Chopter

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

It's a neat mod, but i find using bonemeal to make white chocolate a bit.... off-putting, if you get my drift, maybe instead more milk and sugar in the recipe?
Chopter: That "friendly" Golem.   (i give promo's to mods i help texture, hint hint)
Posted Image

Meldieboy

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Just an idea, change the liquid chocolate to bowls instaid of buckets, as 1 litre of molten chocolate would make much more than 2 bars Posted Image  You would have to add the ability to pour milk into bowls as well.
FTW

Saphir09

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostChopter, on 24 August 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

It's a neat mod, but i find using bonemeal to make white chocolate a bit.... off-putting, if you get my drift, maybe instead more milk and sugar in the recipe?
Yeah, I know what you mean.^^ But when I wrote the crafting recipe I had two different options: Either make it more balanced or make it more logical. Of course, you wouldn't crush bones to make white chocolate in real life, but in the game the amount of resources you have to spend should be in a relation to the effect of the crafted item. Actually, if I think about it now... Maybe it's in fact easier to milk a cow than killing a lot of skeletons.
Well, what about using 3 buckets of milk, 1 cocoa bean and 1 sugar for the white chocolate and 1 bucket of milk, 3 cocoa beans and 1 sugar for normal chocolate bars (2 per these amounts of resources each)? I think this would be both even more realistic and more balanced(since now you get a huge amount of cocoa beans from a farm).Posted Image

View PostMeldieboy, on 24 August 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Just an idea, change the liquid chocolate to bowls instaid of buckets, as 1 litre of molten chocolate would make much more than 2 bars Posted Image  You would have to add the ability to pour milk into bowls as well.
I have three good reasons, why I probably won't do that^^
1. Molten chocolate is (mostly) hot. It makes more sense, if you need an iron bucket than using wooden bowls.
2. Coding is easier as it is now than as it would be if I had to make another completely new item (like a bowl of milk) + updates would take longer to be released.
3. I'd have to make new textures for the filled bowls, but I quite like the ones I've made.Posted Image
Posted Image

forstaken

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hey I did a review of this mod on my channel, I am not a 100% sure if I am allowed to link videos on this forum so ill just give my channel name :)

Channel Name: TofuuMods

Feel free to go check it out :D
Posted Image [SSSS]

Saphir09

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postforstaken, on 24 August 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Hey I did a review of this mod on my channel, I am not a 100% sure if I am allowed to link videos on this forum so ill just give my channel name Posted Image

Channel Name: TofuuMods

Feel free to go check it out Posted Image
Nice review, I put the link into my post Posted Image
Actually, I thought it would be useful to make chocolate bars alsways edible so you can heal yourself even if you hunger bar is full.^^
Posted Image

77Defender
  • Minecraft: 77Defender

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

You should add chocolate cookies or ..Chocolate mobs?!Or even chocolate eggs?Chocolate meat?Chocolate portals?Chocolate realm?!(Yea...I'm not crazy about chocolate..at all..)

Saphir09

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Post77Defender, on 25 August 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

You should add chocolate cookies or ..Chocolate mobs?!Or even chocolate eggs?Chocolate meat?Chocolate portals?Chocolate realm?!(Yea...I'm not crazy about chocolate..at all..)
The cookies, which are in the game already, are acutally chocolate cookies as well, but they are made with 1 wheat, 1 cocoa bean, 1 wheat.
I could make a more chocolatey cookie with the recipe 1 wheat, 1 bucket of liquid chocolate, 1 wheat Posted Image

Chocolate mobs and realm? I'm currently working on chocolate blocks so you can build your own chocolate palace xD Maybe someone could do a chocolate texture pack in which mobs are made of chocolate (would be a great idea), but I certainly won't do a tp since I'm not very good at textures...Posted Image

Chocolate eggs? Would be interesting to make, but I think someone already made an easter mod, which contains eggs. I could add it, though.
Posted Image

mythjames

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

chocolate tools! and if you enchant them, they can spawn liquid chocolate on the ground like water :D