• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't download Minecraft- "Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

THEepicWIPEOUT

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

I just bought Minecraft today and i went through everything i thought i had to. I downloaded Java Runtime Environment and tried to download Minecraft but when i opened it I got this message:

The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.

The system cannot find the path specified.

I redownloaded and restarted but it continued to appear. I have Windows 7 32 bit operating system, and i did download the 32 bit version of Runtime. Are there any suggestions on what to try to fix this?

Register or log in to remove.

theFriedZombie
  • Minecraft: theFriedZombie

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Download ccleaner and scan for registry issues, it will find this issue as well.
After it is done reinstall java again.

NOT_EATING_PRUNEZ000-0
  • Minecraft: NOTHAVINTOMATOS

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Manually remove all instances of java.
Normally the install path is located in: C:\Program Files\Java
Then check the registry key press WIN + R then type regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Javasoft select it then hit DEL and JreMetrics then reinstall java.
Posted Image

theFriedZombie
  • Minecraft: theFriedZombie

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

The last solution also works,

But the none existing instance reference will be removed by ccleaner. As well. (among other junk).

NOT_EATING_PRUNEZ000-0
  • Minecraft: NOTHAVINTOMATOS

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PosttheFriedZombie, on 17 August 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

The last solution also works,

But the none existing instance reference will be removed by ccleaner. As well. (among other junk).
Ya got that right ;)
Posted Image