In this modding series I will cover anything from not even having JDK and knowing no code at all to being able to create new blocks, entities etc. in minutes.
If you want to read the tutorials on your phone while you are coding on your pc you can do that now. I have released a Minecraft mods and modding app where you can read the tutorials and look at a ton of mods. Take a look at the app over here.
- Now also available in Portuguese
- Important news about the modding tutorials
Feedback and Help
The best place for feedback on my tutorials including: improvements to the tutorial, different ways to code it and whenever something isn't working should be placed over here. I will answer your question or consider your improvement and I will change the tutorial accordingly.
Before asking questions
For a while now I have been getting the same questions over and over again. I do like helping you guys, but explaining the same thing 50 times is a bit annoying. Another big problem is that people say things like "my item isn't working" which is very hard to fix, because I don't see any files nor do I know what is the problem. That is why from now on you will have to do this before asking for fixes:
1. Read through the TroubleShooter to see if it's a common problem.
2. If your problem is not on the TroubleShooter read through the error log if you have one. In the error log you should see some helpfull information. When I have problems in my mod I can fix them 50% of the time with the error log.
3. Take some time between having a problem and asking the question. If I have a problem in my mod and the error log doesn't help me I just quit and start doing something else for a while. There is a big chance you will think of a way to fix it.
4. If you really can't figure it out on your own you should locate the problem. Simply do this by commenting out (using // for one line or /* */ for everything in between those things) to see what is causing the problem.
5. Now you will have to start writing something on this page. The first thing you do is paste in all the code I will need, which is the erroring code. For example if you have an item which doesn't work I need the item file, but also the mod file. Paste the code on here by using the blue <> tags. Also make sure the code is in spoilers by using
8. Check to make sure your post looks something like this.
I have got a problem with my mod.
This is the code I have.
This is the error log I got (if you actually got one)
Right now it is doing: .....
I want it to do: ......
If you like these tutorials please consider donating by clicking the image below.
Get more tutorials out by supporting me on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/wuppy29
- Basic Set up
- Advanced Set up
- Basic File
- Creating your own mod: Basic Setup
- Creating your own mod: Advanced Setup
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 1: Blocks and Items
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 2: Generation, Recipes and Names
- 1.6 to 1.7 mappings update list
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 1: Modfile
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 2: More Modfile
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 3: Blocks
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 4: Items
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 5: ItemBlock and Recipes
- Updating 1.6 to 1.7 Part 6: Generation and Finishing it up
- Set up Part 1: JDK & Eclipse
- Set up Part 2a: Basic Forge Setup
- Set up Part 2b: Advanced Forge Setup
- Basic File Part 1: Package and Import
- Basic File Part 2: @Mod
- Basic File Part 3: Classes and Keywords
- Basic File Part 4: @EventHandler and more
- Creating your own mod: Standard setup
- Creating your own mod: Advanced setup
- Crafting recipes
- Updating Forge
- Releasing your own Mod (Standard Setup)
- Releasing your mod (Advanced setup)
- IRC #minecraftforge tutorial
- Line numbers
- Auto Complete
- Code Formatting
German Tutorials (Thanks to HyCraftHD)
- Set up
- Basic File
- Crafting Recipes
- Shapeless Recipes and Smelting
Spanish Tutorials (Thanks to Periyo)
- Actualizar a la version 1.7 desde la 1.6 Parte 1 : Archivo principal del mod (Modfile)
Portuguese Tutorials (Thanks to Luke)
- CONFIGURAÇÃO PARTE 1: JDK & Eclipse
Traditional Chinese Tutorials (Thanks to GKB)
- 設置篇 Part 1: JDK 和 Eclipse
I don't use the minecraftforums, because creating posts on here can be pretty buggy and it's just a lot faster on the blogspot page.
If you want me to create a tutorial on something that I haven't done yet, have suggestions for my tutorials or if you can't figure something out just leave a message here.