Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Discontinued] More Village Biomes

villages

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

shortwind

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I have not added any custom look villages to extra biomes biomes. But the two mods are compatible with each other.

Register or log in to remove.

MarxCartoonee

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Is it also compatible with Biomes o plenty? I understand that was based on extra biomes.

shortwind

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostMarxCartoonee, on 24 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Is it also compatible with Biomes o plenty? I understand that was based on extra biomes.

I do not know. i've never tested that mod, but, if it is a forge mod, it should be compatible with my forge version.

Post a link to the mod in question and I will run some tests and see for myself and reply here.

:)

Mencken_Fan
  • Minecraft: Mencken_Fan

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I understand this mod is compatible with mods that generate additional biomes but does this mod add more villages to the new biomes or only the ones from vanilla MC?  Thank you.

shortwind

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostMencken_Fan, on 25 December 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

I understand this mod is compatible with mods that generate additional biomes but does this mod add more villages to the new biomes or only the ones from vanilla MC?  Thank you.

My custom look to villages will only appear in default minecraft biomes. Depending on how the other mod handles the biomes my villages may or may not show up at all. I know my mod works with ExtraBiomesXL,

MarxCartoonee

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View Postshortwind, on 25 December 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

I do not know. i've never tested that mod, but, if it is a forge mod, it should be compatible with my forge version.

Post a link to the mod in question and I will run some tests and see for myself and reply here.

Posted Image

http://www.minecraft...-biomes-122512/

weltallofid

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

I wanted to ask if this mod alters the logic of villagers. The CPU usage was full while I have been playing on a new world and after finally destroying all my base (after backing it up of course) I realized it was not one of my machines and looked around. There was a village and villages were mating in there like crazy.  Currently I am restoring the world and I am going to look closer why. I will edit this post soon with images too.

Seems the place where the village spawned was a Glacier biome. I am not sure if the reason they were reproducing like crazy was because they did not have another place to go or whatnot, but here are some pictures of what was happening and also how the village looked, in case you can find the reason why it happened, by taking a look.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

shortwind

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

View Postweltallofid, on 29 December 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

I wanted to ask if this mod alters the logic of villagers. The CPU usage was full while I have been playing on a new world and after finally destroying all my base (after backing it up of course) I realized it was not one of my machines and looked around. There was a village and villages were mating in there like crazy.  Currently I am restoring the world and I am going to look closer why. I will edit this post soon with images too.

Seems the place where the village spawned was a Glacier biome. I am not sure if the reason they were reproducing like crazy was because they did not have another place to go or whatnot, but here are some pictures of what was happening and also how the village looked, in case you can find the reason why it happened, by taking a look.

I am not sure what happened in your case, but my mod would not have been the specific cause of this type of overgrowth.  It appears that your village in the pictures was not in a default minecraft biome, thus it was not my mods village. This is either a case of a wierd minecraft glitch, or possibly the interaction of some other mod. There has been no reports of over population problems with my mod, and I have never seen this particular occurance myself.  It could be the case where you have a villager trapped down below those other buildings and it is causing the population growth that can be duplicated in basic minecraft with no mods at all.

View PostMarxCartoonee, on 24 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

After looking at the mod in question I would not recommend using my mod with that mod installed.

In short, no, they are not compatible.

weltallofid

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

View Postshortwind, on 29 December 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

I am not sure what happened in your case, but my mod would not have been the specific cause of this type of overgrowth.  It appears that your village in the pictures was not in a default minecraft biome, thus it was not my mods village. This is either a case of a wierd minecraft glitch, or possibly the interaction of some other mod. There has been no reports of over population problems with my mod, and I have never seen this particular occurance myself.  It could be the case where you have a villager trapped down below those other buildings and it is causing the population growth that can be duplicated in basic minecraft with no mods at all.

Yes I have been using your mod on 1.4.5 and it was working just fine. I am using ExtraBiomesXL and I am guessing that it does not like villages spawned all around. I was wondering if its possible for you to include a config in the forge version, in which people would be able to specify in which biomes the villages are allowed to spawn. Probably because they spawned in a glacier biome they were all cuddly wuddly to warm up against the cold =p

Posted Image

Keybounce

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

My guess, looking at the height difference, is that you have villagers detecting doors -- so willing to breed -- but far enough from the doors that they don't count against the population limit.

wiki said:

The game engine periodically takes a census to determine the current population of the village. All villagers within the horizontal boundary of the village, and within 5 vertical blocks of the center will be counted as part of the population to determine if continued villager mating is allowed. However, any villager within a vertical distance of 32 blocks of the center of the village will attempt to enter mating mode as long as there is at least one villager within the boundary. Therefore, it is possible to create an unlimited population by holding a single villager within the village boundary and forcing all other villagers outside the 5 block vertical range of the census. The villagers on the "outskirts" of the town will periodically enter mating mode in an attempt to mate with the villager that is still within the boundary. If two villagers on the outskirts simultaneously enter mating mode while they are close to one another, they will mate with each other and produce a child.

My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

shortwind

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 29 December 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

My guess, looking at the height difference, is that you have villagers detecting doors -- so willing to breed -- but far enough from the doors that they don't count against the population limit.

Yeah, that. LOL

weltallofid

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 29 December 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Thanks a lot. Well a bucket of lava saved the situation so so problem XD. I removed all the doors from the houses too so I do not think they will respawn (probably) I definitely am not removing the better villages though. As if I will go back having little villages >_> Thanks a love for the tip Keybounce

Posted Image

shortwind

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

View Postweltallofid, on 29 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

better villages though.

Better Villages? Um, that is not this mod. Did you miss type? LOL
Either way, ExtraBiomesXL just told default villages to spawn in all their biomes. And as you previously stated, you are seeing a vinella machanic in action.

weltallofid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

View Postshortwind, on 29 December 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Better Villages? Um, that is not this mod. Did you miss type? LOL
Either way, ExtraBiomesXL just told default villages to spawn in all their biomes. And as you previously stated, you are seeing a vinella machanic in action.

Lol, I did not mean better villages as in the name of the mod XD I do not like better villages  because unlike yours that you have 3 flavors of it, better villages spawns clusters of them in flat places, be it I like it or not. I meant better villages as in, the villages spawning in more places and looking better, or more like , since the spawns are more I finally see more villages. Before using your mod I would see hardly 2-3 villages before minecraft would update. With your mod I keep finding them.

Posted Image

Turtle_ninja505

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

found some crazy villages
Posted Image

fabricator77

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postweltallofid, on 29 December 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

I wanted to ask if this mod alters the logic of villagers. The CPU usage was full while I have been playing on a new world and after finally destroying all my base (after backing it up of course) I realized it was not one of my machines and looked around. There was a village and villages were mating in there like crazy.

Its not just you, the ForgeCraft server as used by modders and Direwolf20 also had problems with villagers breeding out of control.

Theory would be a bug in minecraft itself is treating the outside and inside of the door as a building, this then creates an infinate loop where entering the door creates another copy of it. There are actually a lot of bugs in vanilla structuremap generation, some of which can crash the game.

Manan6619
  • Minecraft: Master_Manan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hi shortwind. I'd like to start by saying this mod is excellent, and it makes vanilla overworld exploration much more interesting. i don't know if you know this or not, so I'll say it anyway: Adding smoothstone into worldgen has side effects; I've found many houses with patches of dirt, ores, and gravel(Which can cave in ceilings). I don't know if you're aware of that or not or if you'd even bother fixing it, but i thought you should know. However, this is a great mod nonethless. Cheers.
Posted Image Posted Image
Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a  more realistic-looking animation, check here:
http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/

shortwind

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostManan6619, on 31 December 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Hi shortwind. I'd like to start by saying this mod is excellent, and it makes vanilla overworld exploration much more interesting. i don't know if you know this or not, so I'll say it anyway: Adding smoothstone into worldgen has side effects; I've found many houses with patches of dirt, ores, and gravel(Which can cave in ceilings). I don't know if you're aware of that or not or if you'd even bother fixing it, but i thought you should know. However, this is a great mod nonethless. Cheers.

I am aware of this side-effect but I decided to leave it in to add to the charm of the mod.  Until the base game mechanics for villager AI, road placement, and building height adjustments change, the solid stone replacement fits the context.

:)

Dreadent_the_Doom
  • Minecraft: Dreadent
  • Xbox:ChaosRanger

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I like it when you find ores in the houses. Its pretty neat and I can mine coal without venturing in a cave :)

Manan6619
  • Minecraft: Master_Manan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Okay, that makes sense :)
Posted Image Posted Image
Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a  more realistic-looking animation, check here:
http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/