• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

MAC controls

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

malikiiskool

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

my health bar is running low and i dont know how to eat. What control is used to eat. For example: "Jump", "Drop", "Use Item"

Register or log in to remove.

WhoDidYouThink
  • Minecraft: whodidyouthink

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Press escape. go to the "controls" menu. that will list them and enable you to change them. To right click on a mac, Control + click.
(that's not the key with the loopy thing, it's on the far bottom left)
if you have a magic mouse, you can configure it to separate right and left mouse clicks to make things faster.
Hope this helps.

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • Xbox:Stykker

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you are on a laptop you can enable right click in the settings. You can also just buy a cheap mouse with a right click button, or use control click as said above.

Flux
    Flux

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just right click, and if you can't then enable right click in the settings. You can right click with most apple mice, despite popular belief.
Posted Image

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostFlux, on 16 August 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Just right click, and if you can't then enable right click in the settings. You can right click with most apple mice, despite popular belief.

I think only OSX Lion and higher allows this in the settings.

Flux
    Flux

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostStykker, on 17 August 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

I think only OSX Lion and higher allows this in the settings.

My mac is still on Snow Leopard as it too old to have Lion and I seem to have it in the settings. According to Wikipedia apple released their first two-button mouse in 2005.

Posted Image

GaiaCow
    GaiaCow

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

As a windows user, I'm entitled to laugh at fact that I have no idea what this conversation is about anymore.  Snow leopards and lions...I thought Apple was in California, not Malaysia/Africa. *cough* Excuse me.
<Insert Einstein quote here>   <Insert mod/texturepack/skinshop/server/clan banner here>        <Insert favorite posts here>.....As you can see, I procrastinate a little too much :D

OneWingedPie
  • Minecraft: OneWingedPie

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

just set the place button to E and change inventory to I
Posted Image

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostFlux, on 17 August 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

My mac is still on Snow Leopard as it too old to have Lion and I seem to have it in the settings. According to Wikipedia apple released their first two-button mouse in 2005.
Okay, maybe as of OS X (Snow) Leopard you can enable right click in the settings, but I know it wasn't always a feature.

I believe you are referring to the "Mighty Mouse" which had four buttons in total, and was discontinued in 2009. The newest mouse is the "Magic Mouse", which is basically a touch bad in the shape of a mouse.  You still have to enable right click first in the settings (even says so on the apple store site).

@GaiaCow Technically, all the names have respective numbers as well, for instance I have OSX Lion, which is version 10. I also have windows 7/8 and Ubuntu. I still prefer Windows for almost everything, its the quickest and easiest to use (Mac has a lot of neat gestures and stuff, but they don't really help when multitasking).

TheEvanCat
  • Minecraft: TheEvanCat
  • Xbox:TheEvanCat
  • PSN:TheEvanCat

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

You can right click with Apple mice. It has two buttons, it just looks sleek and streamlined to keep with Apple's aesthetics.

Posted Image

Don't judge me because I'm fabulous.

WhoDidYouThink

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostTheEvanCat, on 17 August 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

You can right click with Apple mice. It has two buttons, it just looks sleek and streamlined to keep with Apple's aesthetics.
Not the magic mouse...

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostTheEvanCat, on 17 August 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostWhoDidYouThink, on 17 August 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Not the magic mouse...

You can, if you enable it like I said. The magic mouse has one button, it uses the integrated touch pad to sense where the most pressure is place, i.e. left or right. (As far as I know)

Read the page for Magic Mouse in the apple store, scroll down to where it says "Two button click" (it says you have to enable it in the settings)

Magic Mouse functions as a two-button mouse when you enable Secondary Click in System Preferences. Left-handed users can reassign left and right click, as well.

WhoDidYouThink

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostStykker, on 17 August 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

You can, if you enable it like I said. The magic mouse has one button, it uses the integrated touch pad to sense where the most pressure is place, i.e. left or right. (As far as I know)

Read the page for Magic Mouse in the apple store, scroll down to where it says "Two button click" (it says you have to enable it in the settings)
This is exactly what I was trying to say.

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostWhoDidYouThink, on 18 August 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

This is exactly what I was trying to say.

Well, honestly "not with the magic mouse" was a poor response to "you can right click" if thats what you were trying to say.

Keybounce

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

View Postmalikiiskool, on 16 August 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

my health bar is running low and i dont know how to eat. What control is used to eat. For example: "Jump", "Drop", "Use Item"

This caused me trouble for a long time. The "Use Item" command is used to eat.

Have the food active in your hotbar, do not look at a chest, crafting table, or other block you interact with, and select "Use Item".

The wiki page -- http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Food -- is updated with this information.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

LtKernelPanic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

As a long time Mac guy let me make a suggestion. Get rid of Apple's crappy mouse and get a real mouse. I have a wireless intellimouse explorer hooked up to my iMac and it works great. Unfortunately Microsoft seems to have discontinued that one. I normally use my MBP's trackpad for normal use but I picked up Logitech 510 to take to minecon last year and it works great too. Both of those are basic programmable four button mice with scroll wheel but if you're a heavy gamer you can get a lot fancier gaming mice too.

edit: forgot to add this

Apple, like pretty much every company on that planet, has used code names for their unreleased products for basically forever. When Mac OS X 10.2 was in the works the Mac media began to refer to it by its code name Jaguar. Apple seemed to like the idea and started to refer to it the same way and has since.

FWIW:

10.0: Cheetah
10.1: Puma
10.2: Jaguar
10.3: Panther
10.4: Tiger
10.5: Leopard
10.6: Snow Leopard
10.7: Lion
10.8: Mountain Lion

Presumably in two years when 11.0 comes out they'll come up with a new naming convention.

Keybounce

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

I wonder if they'll use dogs instead of cats ...
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."