Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft LAN mode with one account!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ricola123

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hello

I'd like to play with my friend via LAN minecraft.

He has a LapTop without Internet and Minecraft, so heres my question:
Is it possible to copy my minecraft files to his Computer and play than via Lan together?

And a little second question:
How can i exactly Play in LAN with him?
Just conect my and his computer with a LAN cable, click ingame on "Open to Lan" and than he can connect to my server? Or is it more difficult?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Register or log in to remove.

xXB1LLYG4T3S

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostRicola123, on 15 August 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Hello

I'd like to play with my friend via LAN minecraft.

He has a LapTop without Internet and Minecraft, so heres my question:
Is it possible to copy my minecraft files to his Computer and play than via Lan together?

And a little second question:
How can i exactly Play in LAN with him?
Just conect my and his computer with a LAN cable, click ingame on "Open to Lan" and than he can connect to my server? Or is it more difficult?

Thanks in advance for answers!
I believe the part about connection the Ethernet cable to each computer is correct, but i've never tried it. As for copying the files over to your friends computer would work until you have to log in.

Ricola123

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

But in Minecraft you can choose "Login Offline", isn't it possible to play with Lan if i choose this?

Ricola123

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

So, what happens if i choose "Play offline" Will it work, or wil it display, "error offline mode" ??

Starbi
    Starbi

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Well, he will get the error "Bad login" if he tries to connect, which means he dosen't have a premium account.
So he needs to buy a premium account. (Unless you are a pirate :D)

gojiraman54

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

The LAN should work offline, after all, LAN means "Local Area Network", so you should be able to play together without the internet. You don't need a LAN cable to play together over the LAN, so long as you in the same room, but it is recommended to use a LAN for the best connection. Also, if both of you are on the same account, it will kick one of you off, so you could could have him create an account, then send him a gift code, then have him activate it then have him log in on a computer, then you should be able to play with each other. ;)
From a place beyond time, and time beyond counting.

Ricola123

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hm but one thing makes no sense:
If i am in offline mode, how can "Minecraft" recognise that I and my friend "use" the same account?^^

Ricola123

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ok I've tried it, and it works, with one account ;)

gamerlevi

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I hate to be the guy that says this but what your doing is ILLEGAL so go ahead but remember its against the law and the terms of use.

Ricola123

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

I don't think that it is illegal, and if, why is it not protectet, like the Multiplayer?

I think that's the Idea of the new Lan mode!

Valtraven
  • Minecraft: Valtraven
  • Xbox:Valtraven

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

well, my brother and I both have premium accounts and when we try to play via LAN, it appears with something like "You logged in somewhere else" we dont have internet but we have and tried using both Ethernet cable and a wireless router place in my basement. For some reason it only allows us to play LAN whenever we go to our friend's has and use his wifi. Please help. Thank you

Sorry for posting on your post but it seemed relevant