Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Endermen Farms

i finally made it!

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1

EbilKrystalLion
  • Location: Behind you.
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hey guys and non-guys! :P

I was working around my survival world recently, and since I was really low on Pearls, I head over to the End to try and make an Enderman farm. After two failed attempts, I finally made a working, effecient Enderman farm.
(Is it enderman or endermen? :P )
Anyways, it consists mainly of a spawning chamber, which, when a lever is pulled, floods the entire chamber and therefore kills all endermen inside. :D

Wihout further ado, here are the pictures: :)
Posted Image
This is a pic of the entire area. It's far away from the End island, so the spawn rates are higher. As you can probably see, it's completely flooded, so Endermen don't teleport onto the top.

Posted Image
This is a pic of the redstone circuits. Not really bothered to cover it up, because water is already covering it. Anyways, it's pretty simple, because I'm terrible at redstone :P

Posted Image
This is what the inside looks like before the lever from the picture above is pulled. As you can see, there are quite a few Endermen.

Posted Image
So yeah. This is what it looks like AFTERWARDS. Completely flooded because the pistons retracted. ENDERMEN ARE DYING EVERYWHERE :D

Posted Image
A picture of how many Ender Pearls gained from 2 collection points. A lot, isn't it :)

So, I hope you like my design, and good luck with Minecraft! :)

~Ebil

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Thesmorganator

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

It's really cool and all, but what is the point of farming ender pearls?

Posted Image


#3

EbilKrystalLion
  • Location: Behind you.
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostThesmorganator, on 15 August 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

It's really cool and all, but what is the point of farming ender pearls?
My stronghold is really far away from my main base and so is my second base so it takes me a while to get there with speed potions. Ender pearls speed it up a LOT. :D

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?


#4

nigghtmare
  • Location: Singapore
  • Minecraft: nigghtmare

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

can you make a download link?
i would love to see the have one of these

#5

Abadayos
    Abadayos

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Enderman farms can be the most efficient way of leveling for enchanting lots of gear. You can get to level 30 in a minute or two which is much faster than any other method I know.

As this example is purely for item drops (pearls) they can be very very handy for rapid transport and use for ender eye elevators assuming you have diamond armor and can take the damage you get.

I'm planning on making one inn my current main world, just taking a while to actually find a stronghold..endermen are not being kind in dropping pearls for me.

#6

Vermissen
  • Minecraft: Vermissen

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yes a download link would be appreciated :3
Kitapena a group of street artists that I am apart of. Please come and support! Much Love.

#7

DemonCrusher36

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Next, I'd build docm's from his tutorial, you'll get insane amounts of enderpearls AND xp :)

Posted Image


#8

EbilKrystalLion
  • Location: Behind you.
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostDemonCrusher36, on 15 August 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Next, I'd build docm's from his tutorial, you'll get insane amounts of enderpearls AND xp Posted Image
I wanted something original, you know? Or I'd of copied Etho. Anyways, I don't need loads of XP because I have a fully functional Blaze farm which gives me like 50 levels in under 3 minutes :)

And no, I'm sorry but I won't be posting a download because Mediafire is evil to me. ;(

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?


#9

BlitzNZ
    BlitzNZ

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostDemonCrusher36, on 15 August 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Next, I'd build docm's from his tutorial, you'll get insane amounts of enderpearls AND xp Posted Image

by the way, there is a more efficient way to build the farm that doc built in his tutorial (it's not actually his design, its pandas from JL's server). I'll get screenshots when I'm next on the server to show you, but check JL2579s youtube channel I think he showcased the improved design a few weeks ago that we used on the new end farm.
Posted Image

#10

Deacon_Blue

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostEbilKrystalLion, on 15 August 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Anyways, I don't need loads of XP because I have a fully functional Blaze farm which gives me like 50 levels in under 3 minutes Posted Image

What, do you have 15 blaze spawners?

#11

EbilKrystalLion
  • Location: Behind you.
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostDeacon_Blue, on 15 August 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:



What, do you have 15 blaze spawners?
No. Just three blaze spawners very close to each other. They sawn, then drop to a single hole, where I the unleash my full power on them with my Harming potions :)

View PostAbadayos, on 15 August 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Enderman farms can be the most efficient way of leveling for enchanting lots of gear. You can get to level 30 in a minute or two which is much faster than any other method I know.

As this example is purely for item drops (pearls) they can be very very handy for rapid transport and use for ender eye elevators assuming you have diamond armor and can take the damage you get.

I'm planning on making one inn my current main world, just taking a while to actually find a stronghold..endermen are not being kind in dropping pearls for me.
Try using ADMIST to find a stronghold. And I thought Blazes gave more XP than Endermen? :*
Just a thought.

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?


#12

Abadayos
    Abadayos

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I dont use any mods or programs to find stuff except for slime chunks. I would use ADMIST  or whatever it's called if I didn't have that frame of mind though. I used to use minator i think it was called way back when and I found it ruined my enjoyment of exploring.

#13

EbilKrystalLion
  • Location: Behind you.
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, does kinda kill the fun. However, it is frusturating to search for ages and not find anything. And yeah, the thrill of finding what you were looking for is great :D
So I'd say it is your deciscion whether to use ADMIST or not :)

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?


#14

Deacon_Blue

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

With 3 blaze spawners, you'll still have to wait for a LONG time before enough pile up for level 50. Level 30 not so much, if that was what you meant.

#15

EbilKrystalLion
  • Location: Behind you.
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostDeacon_Blue, on 15 August 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

With 3 blaze spawners, you'll still have to wait for a LONG time before enough pile up for level 50. Level 30 not so much, if that was what you meant.
Yeah, I meant level thirty :P sorry.

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?


#16

Peppe
    Peppe

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1215 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:38 PM


I get level 30 in two minutes with a sky trap overworld xp farm. Just a mob sifter with water channels below each floor to limit damage in transit.  



Used to be about 8.5 minutes to 50 in 1.2.5.  


About 4 minutes to 30 in my first build of it at ground level without all the caves in the area lit up.

#17

skiller71

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Wow really impressive! This is truly amazing!
Redstonerrr!
Click or DIE!-->Posted ImagePosted Image

#18

sir_minecraft
  • Location: Rainbow Road

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

This is pretty cool but i have seen one with xp and ender perils.
=) =( :) :( ;) ;( =} =P =O X.X =D =,( =? =| =*( =#

#19

DemonCrusher36

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostBlitzNZ, on 15 August 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

by the way, there is a more efficient way to build the farm that doc built in his tutorial (it's not actually his design, its pandas from JL's server). I'll get screenshots when I'm next on the server to show you, but check JL2579s youtube channel I think he showcased the improved design a few weeks ago that we used on the new end farm.
Yea, I refer to it as docm's one rather then "Jl's one that docm posted a tutorial of", and its easier to find if you search "docm endermen grinder"

View PostEbilKrystalLion, on 15 August 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

No. Just three blaze spawners very close to each other. They sawn, then drop to a single hole, where I the unleash my full power on them with my Harming potions Posted Image


Try using ADMIST to find a stronghold. And I thought Blazes gave more XP than Endermen? :*
Just a thought.
Blaze drop more, but the efficiency of an enderman farm if you get far enough out from the main land, the spawning pads they spawn on are the ONLY place they can spawn, and they get instantly pushed off.
I find endermen get level 30 in about a minute or two, plus you get enderpearls for fast travel (in combo with feather IV, that is) so there extremely helpful. Plus, you dont need stacks and stacks of blaze rods since they have 4 uses (brewing stands, ender eyes, magma cream, strength pots) and if its singleplayer you only really need them for for a short time.

Posted Image


#20

proshots
    proshots

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

nice! i have one like that