• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft LAN worlds?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

AbnormalBlackMan

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hello, I was wondering how to use the new singleplayer LAN option. If I make my singleplayer world open to LAN does that mean someone goes to multiplayer and adds a server with the address it gives me when I open LAN?
Thank you

Register or log in to remove.

Kaplewy
    Kaplewy

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Minecraft: Kaplewy

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

when you open an LAN World- theirs an ip that you can copy it & a friend player in your house with their labtop {they should go on Multiplayer and see if it say's} Open LAN Worlds: Your Map/ or- direct connect with that ip address
Posted Image
*HEROBRINE is long kissing KAPLEWY*

cueball2001

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

umm no u need to be connected to the same router
a) u need 2 computers
B) u need to have 2 mc accounts
c) LAN stands for local area network
d) im bored so this wont work out
my future
live 80 years... die
Posted Image

duncan707
  • Minecraft: Duncan707

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

hi my friend and i play on LAN worlds but only he can open the LAN servers and when i do he gets full conection but it says end of stream please help me i heard other people r having this problem too
Cake is a lie

Canopy_Radiation

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

View Postduncan707, on 15 August 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

hi my friend and i play on LAN worlds but only he can open the LAN servers and when i do he gets full conection but it says end of stream please help me i heard other people r having this problem too
Saying End of Stream is just a common bug. Just try rejoining a few times.
Posted Image

Ronwilliam
  • Minecraft: ronwilliam

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

View Postduncan707, on 15 August 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Well he must be connected to your router if he is then tell him to restart minecraft
Posted Image

duncan707

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

he is hes right next to me

View Postduncan707, on 15 August 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

he is hes right next to me
and we do restart minecraft
Cake is a lie

duncan707

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostRonwilliam, on 15 August 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Well he must be connected to your router if he is then tell him to restart minecraft
we r on the same router and we r right next to eachother
Cake is a lie

zo9azz
    zo9azz

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

ok im new to mcPosted Image

Dan1elRulz

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

you can use hamachi to allow your friends who arent using your router to connect to LAN worlds, you just have to give them the ip and the port that is displayed when you click open to LAN or use /publish

Posted Image

Posted Image[/center]

loliosirule

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostDan1elRulz, on 21 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

you can use hamachi to allow your friends who arent using your router to connect to LAN worlds, you just have to give them the ip and the port that is displayed when you click open to LAN or use /publish
Yup, thats what is usually needed
Posted Image

surfer_rue_11
  • Minecraft: surfer_rue_11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

you have to open your singleplayer world, open to lan, and then it automaticcally pops up in the multiplayer option, only for people connected to the same wifi as you. you dont need to add any server addresses, but you only get people in your house.
hope i helped-surfer_rue_11

Ablindmind

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

LAN makes showing off your worlds so much easier and cooler. Very cool option added by mojang.
It’s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum…and I’m all out of gum

WhiteFireDaemon
  • Minecraft: WhiteFireDaemon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Not sure if this applies to you, but I had a problem with my proper address not showing up when I opened to LAN.  I'd open the game and it'd give me an address of 0.0.0.0:49522 for example.  Figured out that I had to look up my IP address from my command line before it would let me join properly, but then it worked fine.  Don't think you need two accounts either, just MC installed on two computers.

Just make sure that you're getting an address that starts with 192.168, that's what 99% of all home network addresses start with.  If you're getting something like 169.1.255.3 or something starting with 169, you have network problems.  If all else fails, try coping a file between your computers and see if they're able to communicate if nothing else works.

Safiariax

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

With this can it work on a sharing center connection instead of a router

Jaadis_2
  • Minecraft: Zaflis

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

You will see your LAN IP in command prompt, by typing ipconfig. (Unless you're in bridged mode like me and see directly external IP)

Then you can ask your friend on same LAN use command ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where that is your IP. If it sends response and not time out, MineCraft should work too.

Other thing is you must have exact same version of MC.

user_837235

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Why does this have so many views?

NoNameMC
  • Minecraft: nevan24

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

To connect LAN you should get the Custom LAN Port mod then you enter the port number u want when u click open to LAN. After that, you need to port forward under your firewall settings to the port you chose. Next, give your friend this code to direct connect with:

(your ip address):(port)      and then you should be good. You should know that to get your ip address you can just search "my ip" in google and it will come right up. Hope this helps!

MysteriousSamSam1234

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

help!
me and my friend are trying to make a LAN but we cannot find each other. we have tryed both ways!?!
it gives us a ip when we start that is 0.0.0.0.50377 but it does not work! we have read all posts and are stumped.
please help.
:):):):):):):)

TheServerTeller
  • Minecraft: Grant1gold

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Ok, so it's Minecraft 1.6.1! Yay! But LAN world doesn't work. Were in the same room, connected to the same Network, and we don't see any LAN world. :( We need help! Is there something wrong were doing?