Curing Zombie Pigmen?

zombie pigman curing villager

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CopyBot77
  • Minecraft: JoeKirk77
  • Xbox:xJoeKirkx

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Now, when you go to the Nether, one of the first things you'll see in there is Zombie Pigmen. In snapshot 12w32a, Villagers can get infected by zombies, transforming them into Zombie Villagers. There's also a hidden feature where you can cure the infected Villager by splashing a potion of weakness at them, and feeding them a golden apple. My idea is, if you do this to a Zombie Pigman, the same thing will happen, except the Zombie Pigman will turn into an ordinary Pigman. You could trade with the Pigman much like you do with the Villagers.

This could also have another feature. How about a small chance that when a village generates in the Overworld, Pigmen could populate the village instead of the normal Villagers? I know this bit has been suggested countless times before, but there's a slight twist. At night, zombies can and will have sieges on pigmen villages, and when a zombie infects a Pigman Villager, you get... Zombie Pigmen!

This would be cool in my opinion, and how about that Pigmen Villagers will attack you if you attack them, working much like their zombie selves. This could also mean the Pigmen Villagers will fight back against the zombies, meaning that the chances of a Pigman getting infected by zombies is very small because of the Pigmen's strength.

The only problem is that Zombie Pigmen are neutral, which means as soon as they would get infected, they wouldn't really do anything. A way to fix this would be to make it so Zombie Pigmen will only attack Pigmen, and once every Pigman has been infected, the Zombie Pigmen will become neutral again.

TL;DR - You can cure Zombie Pigmen to turn them into normal Pigmen. Pigmen villages will sometimes spawn in the Overworld. The Pigmen will be neutral and will fight zombies. Zombies will infect the Pigmen turning them into Zombie Pigmen that can infect other Pigmen.
-_-

Register or log in to remove.

CopyBot77

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Seriously?
-_-

EnderBorn1
    EnderBorn1

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostCopyBot77, on 14 August 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Seriously?

It was 1 hour of a wait -___-

OT: this is a good idea

also MEET THE WHALE

.__________________________.
Posted Image
SUPPORT THEM!!!!!  (also if your a new please click on the picture)

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostEnderBorn1, on 14 August 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

also MEET THE WHALE

.__________________________.
Where the fuck did that come from?

Anyway, I think any kind of villagers in the Nether should be something original, instead of being Pigmen. I only say that because a new original thing is gonna attract more attention than mob behavior changes, know what I mean? I never understood why people want Pigmen so much. Is it simply because they were once planned to be in the game, so they somehow need to make some awesome comeback? I'm not getting it.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

CopyBot77

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Post0_Zippy, on 14 August 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Where the fuck did that come from?

Anyway, I think any kind of villagers in the Nether should be something original, instead of being Pigmen. I only say that because a new original thing is gonna attract more attention than mob behavior changes, know what I mean? I never understood why people want Pigmen so much. Is it simply because they were once planned to be in the game, so they somehow need to make some awesome comeback? I'm not getting it.

I see your point, and I understand Pigmen have been suggested so much. I have seen that thread before, it's a great thread. But I don't mean Nether Villages, I just meant that if you cure a zombie pigman in the nether, it will transform back into a pigman. You would be able to trade with the pigman, but it wouldn't suddenly begin building a village.
-_-

duosharp
    duosharp

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Minecraft: duosharp
  • Xbox:duosharp

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Haha, I think this is a really awesome idea. Mojang (can't remember who) did mention that villages were a priority. I like the Pigmen more than Testificates, and having them populate a village and fight would just be cool.

Nincognito

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

I don't like the idea of pigmen wandering around in the overworld. I do like the idea of villages in the nether though. Those nether fortresses do seem to be owned by the pigmen, and having them trade with you seems like a good idea.

Only, it would make more sense if the pigmen became pigs when you threw a weakness potion and fed them a golden apple. I mean, a pig turns into a zombie pigman when they're struck by lightning, so why not turn them back into a helpless pig again? Actually, it's quite annoying when that happens in the overworld. I'm ready to farm my pigs... and all of them have turned into zombies. I have to kill them off and look for some new ones. Yes, you can't trade with pigs, but it just has that logic.

Why not make "special" zombie pigmen who inhabit the nether fortresses? Maybe they could trade with you. Ghast tears, Nether Wart, for overworld stuff like emeralds and diamonds.

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostCopyBot77, on 15 August 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

I see your point, and I understand Pigmen have been suggested so much. I have seen that thread before, it's a great thread. But I don't mean Nether Villages, I just meant that if you cure a zombie pigman in the nether, it will transform back into a pigman. You would be able to trade with the pigman, but it wouldn't suddenly begin building a village.
I kinda regret posting that thread, as it was pointless self-promotion. Your idea is not bad by any means, it's just that so many people post threads saying "we have zombie pigmen so we need pigman!!1" without explanation, and don't worry, this thread isn't like that, because it adds some justification behind it. The trading in the Nether would be great if balanced properly.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.