Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

FTB - The Mod Pack

coming soon in 1.3.x

• Please log in to reply
811 replies to this topic

Charlie Brown

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I've allowed it to update and I lost all my waypoints (retrieving the config backups didn't work)... It wasn't a big deal since I just started, but now it says another update is out and I'm a bit afraid to let it do it because I already have some precious waypoints set.

Any hints on how to prevent waypoint loss?

Awesome pack by the way, I never really got into mods because of the hassle of gettting them to work together, but this seems to work marvelously and all this new content put together is just amazing. Not mentioning the auto update feature which is sweet! :) Thanks a lot for this.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

macks2008
  • Minecraft: macks2008

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

View Postmacks2008, on 10 November 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

yes its awesome. congrats all for knocking out minecraft's login server :P

View PostZyrandar, on 10 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Wait - millions of people own a copy of Minecraft - why do you think the FTB Stream has knocked out the Minecraft login server? Did you think that maybe, just maybe .. Mojang are running maintenance on their login servers?
You don't seem to have realized I was joking. I tried to distinguish my post as a joke by putting the ":P" in there. Apparently you didn't get it...
Posted Image

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostCharlie Brown, on 20 November 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

I've allowed it to update and I lost all my waypoints (retrieving the config backups didn't work)... It wasn't a big deal since I just started, but now it says another update is out and I'm a bit afraid to let it do it because I already have some precious waypoints set.

Any hints on how to prevent waypoint loss?

Awesome pack by the way, I never really got into mods because of the hassle of gettting them to work together, but this seems to work marvelously and all this new content put together is just amazing. Not mentioning the auto update feature which is sweet! Posted Image Thanks a lot for this.
Well, FTB is still classed as a Beta, so I wouldn't be surprised if updates break game worlds. That's why I'm using it to muck about, get my textures sorted, until FTB is not classed as a Beta.
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

ottoguy2
    ottoguy2

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1857 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

How do i make my mod pack appear in my launcher?
Posted Image
This picture will not do the above.

RickshawWatcher

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well, I updated to 1.0.7 and now FTB just loads up vanilla minecraft version 1.4.2 and all the mods for FTB were deleted.

Using Force Update does nothing (I hit the button, nothing happens, I hit launch button while I'm in that same menu after hitting the button and it still loads up vanilla minecraft version 1.4.2)

I've heard of updates breaking game worlds, but updates breaking the game itself?

Charlie Brown

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostGolrith, on 20 November 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Well, FTB is still classed as a Beta, so I wouldn't be surprised if updates break game worlds. That's why I'm using it to muck about, get my textures sorted, until FTB is not classed as a Beta.

Yea. I'm pretty much goofing around too, getting to know all the stuff it brings. But some waypoints are on some stuff that I would really like to check out, so I don't want to lose them. :)

Anyway, I found that Rei's Minimap is saving its config and settings in a separate folder inside the mods folder (...\FTBBETAA\minecraft\mods\rei_minimap\) and the updater deletes that. Making a backup of that folder and putting it back after the update solves the problem.

The updater also seems to delete all the mods you may have in the instMods folder (except forge). Good to remind.
Posted Image

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

The updater currently always reverts your installation to default FTB, which is quite annoying if you've adjusted config files or mods being used.
I hope in future they download on a per mod basis and don't globally delete what's in the folder.
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

Lonelyawakening

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

anyone know how to get additional buildcraft objects mod working with ftb? when i try installing the one that matchs the buildcraft version in ftb i get a screen that says duplicate buildcraft sources

duncanman
  • Minecraft: Deci01

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

pls put a download link here cause on the ftb website the download is brokenPosted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Diamond_Hatcher
  • Minecraft: Mesopotamie

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postduncanman, on 24 November 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

pls put a download link here cause on the ftb website the download is brokenPosted Image
The whole FTB site is offline, I've downloaded it already but it isn't able to launch.

Yurei
    Yurei

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Minecraft: IOED

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostDiamond_Hatcher, on 24 November 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

The whole FTB site is offline, I've downloaded it already but it isn't able to launch.

Yeah, it should be fixed soon.

EDIT: FTB is working now!

Charlie Brown

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Is there a way to convert MJ to EU (or even vice versa) in FTB?
Posted Image

natchu96
    natchu96

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostCharlie Brown, on 25 November 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

Is there a way to convert MJ to EU (or even vice versa) in FTB?

Vice versa: Electric engines (forestry)

MJ to EU: I have no idea :D
"Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
Posted Image

dQz3r
    dQz3r

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postnatchu96, on 25 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Vice versa: Electric engines (forestry)

MJ to EU: I have no idea Posted Image

MJ 2 EU = IC2 transformers addon mod

SophusVir

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Mo Creatures should be added to this.

Stekenxu
  • Minecraft: kenneth1221

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostdQz3r, on 25 November 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

MJ 2 EU = IC2 transformers addon mod

It's not native to the pack and wasn't included for a reason.
70% of people have signatures that try and boost their superiority complexes. Post this if you're a hypocrite.

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostSophusVir, on 25 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Mo Creatures should be added to this.

The FTB website has a thread for suggesting mods for inclusion. For mods that are rejected, the first post gives reasons. In regard to Mo' Creatures, it says, "Will Not be Included

Mo' Creatures
No permissions"
Posted Image

Bellaabzug21

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostGrammieFi, on 25 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

The FTB website has a thread for suggesting mods for inclusion. For mods that are rejected, the first post gives reasons. In regard to Mo' Creatures, it says, "Will Not be Included

Mo' Creatures
No permissions"

And thank goodness for that, in my opinion, mo' creatures is overhyped.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Yurei
    Yurei

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Minecraft: IOED

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostBellaabzug21, on 25 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

And thank goodness for that, in my opinion, mo' creatures is overhyped.

I never liked using Mo' Creatures too, I'm not a big fan of the new hostiles and water mobs.

natchu96
    natchu96

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostYurei, on 26 November 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

I never liked using Mo' Creatures too, I'm not a big fan of the new hostiles and water mobs.

Me too. Survival mode is pressuring enough without adding even more ways for the game to kill you . . .
"Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
Posted Image