• Please log in to reply
811 replies to this topic

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

What mod is adding the Hyrbid Solar Panels and changing the recipe of the IC solar panel? As far as I can tell, the IC solar panel should be using coal dust, but the recipe is different with new components instead. Plus, no sign of Solar Arrays.

Also, anyone else having trouble registering on the FTB forums? I've made an account, but not getting the verification email so I can post there.
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

Register or log in to remove.

Yurei
    Yurei

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Minecraft: IOED

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostGolrith, on 12 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

What mod is adding the Hyrbid Solar Panels and changing the recipe of the IC solar panel? As far as I can tell, the IC solar panel should be using coal dust, but the recipe is different with new components instead. Plus, no sign of Solar Arrays.

It might be Gregtech, it changes some IC recipes such as the macerator. Not 100% sure though. You can try to disable it using the "edit mod pack" button.

natchu96
    natchu96

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostBunkaz94, on 11 November 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

you forgot nether ores and power converters of TehKursh

http://atomicstryker...tainedmods.html

ps: the java launcher doesn't work on mac (since is java 6 and mac uses 7) Posted Image

http://forum.feed-th...mmediately.892/

Do macs normally even have JRE7?
"Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
Posted Image

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostYurei, on 12 November 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

It might be Gregtech, it changes some IC recipes such as the macerator. Not 100% sure though. You can try to disable it using the "edit mod pack" button.
I might do that and see. From what I've just googled, there's nothing in GregTech mod that I actually would ever want to use, it just seems to make things excessively complex. I only play single player, and there's enough to do as it is!

A lot of IC recipes are made more expensive, I guess to balance servers. Will have to check out everything in detail and see.

I'll just wait for Redpower to get my rubies and sapphires back...
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

Nodachi216
    Nodachi216

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1577 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostGolrith, on 12 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

It is the Advanced Solar Panels add on for IC2.  http://forum.industr...d&threadID=3291

Compact Solars is the one that adds the solar arrays and it hasn't been included.

The Rules!!

You agreed to follow them when you made your account here.

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks.

Not too sure about the design of Advanced Solar Panels, like GregTech mod, need to investigate the components and production and my gameplay. I guess it would be be possible to swap Advanced Solar Panels for Compact Solars?

Also, the OP image needs updating, it clearly shows that it's using Compact Solars, not Advanced Solar Panels. :D

GOLDGOLDGOLDGOLD

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Every time I open the modpack it wants me to update it but when I click yes the launcher closes and then nothing happens. Then when I reopen the launcher the mods don't show up and there's an error: [ERROR] Exception during reading modpackfile

This happened after this came up on the console: Failed to download launcher update

After a while I might get lucky and the mods show up  though there are two new modpacks: Voxel ModPack and FTB Retro SSP. Does this mean it's updated?

Yurei
    Yurei

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Minecraft: IOED

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostGOLDGOLDGOLDGOLD, on 13 November 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Every time I open the modpack it wants me to update it but when I click yes the launcher closes and then nothing happens. Then when I reopen the launcher the mods don't show up and there's an error: [ERROR] Exception during reading modpackfile

This happened after this came up on the console: Failed to download launcher update

After a while I might get lucky and the mods show up  though there are two new modpacks: Voxel ModPack and FTB Retro SSP. Does this mean it's updated?

Updating didn't work for me as well, i just downloaded the .jar file again from the official website. It seems to have updated to v1.0.4, adding two new mod packs. That was fast, great job!

gryphonclaw

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I can update fine but when it asks for my password even if it is correct it doesn't work.

Azagal73
    Azagal73

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Minecraft: Azagal73

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

View Postgryphonclaw, on 13 November 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I can update fine but when it asks for my password even if it is correct it doesn't work.

This happened to me. For some reason the new version corrupted my login details and I needed to edit them. I also ticked the remember password.

Posted Image

ottoguy2
    ottoguy2

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1857 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

When i launch the game i get this error:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
This picture will not do the above.

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Do love this pack and idea behind it. Just out of personal preference I've disabled PortalGun and Factorization. First is just for toys really (to my mind), and doesn't fit the feel of the rest of the mods. Factorization doesn't to my mind add anything that the other mods don't already do. I can understand the benefits of having alternates, but not both at once.

I may try swapping Advanced Solars for Compact Solars, not too keen on the recipes that AS uses, although perfectly understandable for a multiplayer point of view.

Debating about the changes GregsTech adds to IC. None of the new machines take my interest (being more advanced "toys") but I like some of the extra settings.

StevesCart mod looks really interesting, and could be fun to play with.

Can't wait for the missing mods to be updated and included, then it's ready to rock and roll!

Taintedcake003
  • Minecraft: taintedcake003

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

ok i've been playing this on a server with a few friends and we're not able to place any buildcraft items... like quarries, autocrafting tables, etc. we can't craft them or place them while in creative. anyone know how to fix this? :/

ryanninjasheep
  • Minecraft: ryanninjasheep

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

what's the mod that adds the weird dna stuff?

DRAMATIC ELLIPSIS!

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm guessing it's the one to do with advanced beekeeping.

LaniTheEater
  • Minecraft: lanitheeater

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

i launch the launcher, and it works! i made a map, played on it, went off and got to bed. then i got up, go to school and come back: i see there is a update. i update the launcher. then i log in, but i cant: incorrect username or password. i brought minecraft??

LaniTheEater
  • Minecraft: lanitheeater

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Yay, reinstalled it and it worked, but i lost my map :(

Fuzzzie
    Fuzzzie

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Minecraft: fuzzzie

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Postryanninjasheep, on 14 November 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

what's the mod that adds the weird dna stuff?

I think you're talking about Extra Bees

FUZZZIE'S MINECRAFT MOD LIST & NEWS THREAD

Check it out here!

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Edit your profile, and re-enter your username, tick box at bottom to Remember me, and re-enter password. Will work fine.

The update must have changed how it stored your profile data, making it unable to read correctly the old profile data

map_to_go_by_hanro50

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

kool modpack and I think it will be the best modpack ever!
(read the modders seport in detail of permissions link if jou don't think so )