• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

SILVERFISH INFESTATION! (not a stronghold)

silverfish not a stronghold

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

TheClancy1312
  • Minecraft: Clancy1312

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostChester07, on 12 August 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

I've heard that in 1.3, if you break a stonebrick, small amounts of silverfish comes out.
That is incorrect.

View PostVillanelo, on 12 August 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Is this true? Because if this is true, that is an amazing new feature that I never heard of!

But it would be even better if they had a real low chance of spawning when you break smoothstone placed by the world generator. THAT would be amazing!
It's not true

Register or log in to remove.

Pinkamena_314
  • Minecraft: Pinkamena_314

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Is there a way to kill silverfish inside of a block without destroying the block?
"Sometimes, I just wanna give up, say 'I'm done with this mess' and go to bed. But you know what; you can't shrug off your responsibilities. You got to pull yourself up and meet the challenges head on. That's the only way you're gonna get ahead in life."

Epicness1324

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

I've heard that in 1.3, if you break a stonebrick, small amounts of silverfish comes out.

I sure hope that isn't true because my temple that took over and hour to build is made almost entirely of stonebrick

View PostSefirah, on 12 August 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Is there a way to kill silverfish inside of a block without destroying the block?

Yes, blow up the block
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

DaniHax
    DaniHax

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Minecraft: DaniHax
  • Xbox:DaniHax

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostTheClancy1312, on 12 August 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

That is incorrect.

It's not true

it's true it happened again!

Musicdude14z
  • Minecraft: Musicdude14z

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostVillanelo, on 12 August 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Is this true? Because if this is true, that is an amazing new feature that I never heard of!

But it would be even better if they had a real low chance of spawning when you break smoothstone placed by the world generator. THAT would be amazing!
Wait, doesn't that already exist?
Wiki link: http://www.minecraft...iki/Monster_Egg

View PostTheClancy1312, on 12 August 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

That is incorrect.

It's not true
I think they mean a multiplayer glitch, and as for the hidden in stone bricks thing, it can only if you place block 97 from creative or inventory edits, or if it is generated by the world (small chance).
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...z?feature=guide.   I'm open for suggestions on what videos to make (just starting out).  Message me and subscribe, and I'll try to make you suggestions happen :D

blazing_chaos
  • Minecraft: blazing_chaos

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

i don't think that's true
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "Please", I will say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Yep, I started this Dragon Cave business. Posted Image Posted Image

Fuzzlechan
  • Minecraft: Fuzzlechan

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

I actually have a similar problem. My brother and I play on his single player world that he's opened for LAN. For quite awhile, we had been hearing silverfish noises from around our chicken coop. Made of smoothstone, as we're making our home in a small cave that we expand as we go. I dismissed it, figuring it was just an audio bug or that we were lucky enough to have a stronghold nearby. We end up getting the item that shows you where a stronghold is -- I forget what it's called -- and threw it above ground, figuring it would lead us in the direction of our cave. Opposite direction. So, we relocate our chickens temporarily, close off our chicken coop to the rest of our base, and destroy a block in the wall. Silverfish come flooding out. Wondering how it happened, as neither of us was online without the other.

Posted Image

EbilKrystalLion
  • Minecraft: Ebilkrystallion

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostZammoth, on 12 August 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Was it on a flatworld? If so ya know how slimes spawn on flatworlds? Maybe the same with silverfish
They don't spawn in flatlands, noob :P

One night, I lay in my bed, gazing at the stars, wondering... Where the hell is my ceiling?

reesylou
    reesylou

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: reesylou

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Be sure that if you are building in creative (world, or just gamemode) that you select the blocks off the "blocks" tab not the "decorations" tab... the ones in the decorations tab are the silverfish versions.  I got caught with this straight after the update, as did another staff member on the server I am on.
Posted Image
play.genesis-mc.com

Brain Dawgs

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I just had a similar incident.  In a singleplayer game I was building a spiral starcase down into the earth with stone brick, and when I mined a normal stone block it turned into a silverfish.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Legacyz
    Legacyz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I don't think it's only stonebricks cause yesterday I made a new world and while I was mining the enterance to get it silverfish spawned right after I broke a block I almost died and this was like 3mins into the world

JPicleus
    JPicleus

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Minecraft: JPicleus

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Are you in an extreme hills biome?  The wiki says that silverfish can occasionally spawn there.

ZincAzN
    ZincAzN

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: ZincAzN

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Question, are you in the Extreme Hills biome? As of 1.3ish, they spawn there too.
Posted Image

GreenIguana7
  • Minecraft: GreenIguana7

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

I noticed that too! So annoying
GreenIguana7

Wircea
    Wircea

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1053 posts
  • Minecraft: Wircea

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Dude, in the creative inv. there are some blocks called "Stone bricks spawn egg", have u used them? yes, thats why. them spawn silverfish :P

Be nice with me and I will be nice with you :)