• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Problems with Ice Melting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CactusCoffee

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

I'm making an adventure mode level, and one of the puzzles involves ice. Problem: some of the tiles are melting, and I can't figure out why. I've tried just about everything in order to stop it, because if the ice melts the puzzle is ruined. I've checked Minepedia, which didn't explain it either. Is there any way to prevent the ice from melting without completely redoing the room?

In case these details are relevant...
- The room is lit by glowstone, which is recessed in the ceiling seven or eight blocks above the ice.
- I INVedited the ice into my inventory, and created the room using NBT Forge.
- There are two layers of ice. The first is on top of the second layer, as well as scattered air pockets. The second is on top of water.
- The room is not in a snow biome.

Register or log in to remove.

jmcneely
  • Minecraft: jmcneely

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Is it just random spots that is melting or is it always in the same spots in the same pattern? And whats on the outside of the room, anything on the other side of the walls? Lava, torches, neatherrack?

CactusCoffee

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

It appears to be random spots all over the room, which is 15x15. There is a pool of lava nearby, but according to the patterns shown on Minepedia, it's not close enough to melt any of the ice.

jmcneely
  • Minecraft: jmcneely

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Maybe try placing the ice blocks by hand rather then edit them in. I would get the Minecraft_server.exe and just don't forward your ports and log in locally with ":25565" and spawn the ice. But before you start make sure you move the world folder in the server folder(I would backup before doing this) then edit the server properties file so it will load your world folder and also turn off mobs. start it up and enter ":25565" and you should be in. Then just enter the command "/give 79 64" and start placing your ice blocks.

If that doesn't work then I don't know what to do.

Linksanwalt

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Nope, the ice melts because it's not in a snow biome.
Posted Image

Sutireme
    Sutireme

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Minecraft: Sutireme

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Is sunlight getting in?  sunlight will melt ice outside of snow biomes.
[represent]