• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Who is the worst/most overrated video gaming commentator?

worst commentor video games

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is the worst/most overrated video gaming commentator? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is/are your worst?

1. Pewdiepie (175 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

2. TobyGames (103 votes [15.26%])

Percentage of vote: 15.26%

3. Yogscast (88 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

4. Captainsparklez (36 votes [5.33%])

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

5. Gamechap and Bertie (76 votes [11.26%])

Percentage of vote: 11.26%

6. Whiteboy7thst (63 votes [9.33%])

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

7. Uberhaxornova (28 votes [4.15%])

Percentage of vote: 4.15%

8. Someone else (69 votes [10.22%])

Percentage of vote: 10.22%

9. Antvenom (37 votes [5.48%])

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

AdduxP
    AdduxP

Dial M for Murder

• Retired Staff
  • 5464 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

I cannot stand Gamechap and Bertie. Ugh.

In all honesty, PewDiePie's not bad. I like his selection of games; it's just that his voice and his screams just annoy the crap out of me.
And CaptainSparklez is one of the best out there. Along with ChimneySwift11.

Posted Image

I also used to have links to my Twitter and Steam profiles here but Black Ice is much more important c:

Register or log in to remove.

SynonymOfHeat
  • Minecraft: SynonymOfHeat

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Personally, I despise the Yogscast, TobyGames, Whiteboy7thst.
However, latetely PewdiePie is getting on my nerves!

PJ_Games
  • Minecraft: PJ_Games

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

TotalBiscuit because he goes on a flaming crusade to reply and ban everyone with negative feedback on his video's. It's like it's gone past mere 'professionalism' into extreme perfectionism, arrogance and insecurity.

I enjoyed his "WTF is" video's a lot, so it's rather unfortunate that I had to 'let him go'.
Posted Image

davidp5118
  • Minecraft: davidp5118
  • Xbox:davidp5118

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostBlueMaus, on 11 August 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Sparklez isn't bad, he's just boring as all ­

I agree, he gets very boring
file:///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/savages.gif///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/savages.gif

SM8
    SM8

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1161 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I can't stand TmarTn. His game selection is poor and he's sold out. He also can't speak clearly and I personally think he sounds too jockish. His quality is inconsistant too. Some videos are semi-edited, some are just him talking, some are link videos, and others are vlogs. Fastest unsubscribe ever.

Wow I can be so mean
i5 4670k @ 4.9GHz - Stock Heatsink - The rest is melted silicon but I think I have a graphics card in there somewhere
It surprises me how many people on this forum can't read benchmarks.

VitaminH2
  • Minecraft: vitaminH2

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I really hate PewDiePie. He overreacts too much and he constantly makes tasteless jokes about rape and the such. I mean, I'm sure he's a cool guy and all, but seriously. I don't really like Toby's new play throughs, but his older ones like Fallout: New Vegas aren't really that bad. I haven't really watched much of the Yogscast except for their first few Minecraft videos, but I never really enjoyed them that much, to be honest. Also haven't watched much of UberHaxorNova, but he didn't manage to get on my nerves. My personal favorite is Cry, I've been subscribed to him for a year or two and he's pretty a chill guy. I kind of hate how many of his newer subscribers are just people who've found him through PewDiePie, but whatever.

Koveryl
    Koveryl

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Minecraft: Pikapika5

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yogscast, Gamechap.
I don't hate TobyGames, but he IS just not fun to watch. TobyGames is like his main channel now, rather than Tobuscus.

EDIT: Not popular, but the67go. Ugh.
Squirrels

Garret
    Garret

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2767 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what people see in Gamechap, the accent gimmick wears thin.
Boredom is counter-revolutionary

Archis
    Archis

Retired Staf

• Retired Staff
  • 1190 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Pretty much everyone said already. I also despise PsiSyndicate. UberHaxorNova used to be good, epecially before Happy Wheels, but his content and youtube mentality has suffered quite a bit. If you are looking for something other than the norm, I suggest checking out SideStrafe; professional like TotalBiscuit, but without the journalism and eSports.

@siranderu LIVING ROOM ROUTINE!

rladngus

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

direwofl20 is the worst. He's like a male version of Valley Girl.

Goomboliver
  • Location: Somewhere in the mystical, magical land of...New York.
  • Minecraft: goomboliver

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostRakmon_, on 18 October 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

If anybody here plays Team Fortress 2, you are all going to agree AcesGamer is a disgusting, unentertaining scumbag. His tutorials are utter trash, he's arrogant, cares about trading far over playing, considers his opinions the word of God, and is a complete LOLOLWORDFILTERLOLOL­.
Yeah, I agree. I was sort of a fan of his a bit ago, but he has became a absolute egomaniac. The last straw was when he posted a video with a misleading title that was essentially just him bragging about an awesome hat he got. I now almost exclusively watch Jerma985 for Team Fortress 2 videos.

Posted Image

"Shall I take you away, to the place where dreams come true?"

MDawg
    MDawg

Mark of the Beast

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Minecraft: M_Dawg991

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostArchis, on 18 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Pretty much everyone said already. I also despise PsiSyndicate. UberHaxorNova used to be good, epecially before Happy Wheels, but his content and youtube mentality has suffered quite a bit. If you are looking for something other than the norm, I suggest checking out SideStrafe; professional like TotalBiscuit, but without the journalism and eSports.

Don't agree with Nova, but I'm starting to see why you put PsiSyndicate on your list. All he plays are ARMA 2 gamemodes - mainly DayZ - and he does multiple series of the same mod for months. I'd like to see something other than DayZ or Wasteland for once.

To add onto my list are WoodysGamertag and Whiteboy7thst. Both of them seem to only have CoD on their channels. I have no idea how both of them have 1,000,000 subscribers, because all I see are gameplay montages, tips, random moments & the occasional vlog. They're both good at what they do, but they have almost no variety in their content.

If you can't already tell from the above paragraphs, I'm not a fan of commentators who only play one game for 80% of their videos. There are a few others out there I can name who do something similar (MinnesotaBurns, 2BCProductions2BC, etc.), but at least they play some other games to shake it up a bit.
Posted Image

NeedySteevy
  • Minecraft: NeedySteevy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Ugh, one commentator I cannot STAND is TobyGames.  Just listening to him ramble on, making unfunny jokes, while playing games he is in no way good at, makes me want to strangle a puppy every time I watch him.  He's just... terrible!

Posted Image

ThatsANoNoBro
  • Minecraft: VsaintsV

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Gamechap and Bertie. I hate those guys...

View PostAdduxP, on 03 November 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

I cannot stand Gamechap and Bertie. Ugh.

In all honesty, PewDiePie's not bad. I like his selection of games; it's just that his voice and his screams just annoy the crap out of me.
And CaptainSparklez is one of the best out there. Along with ChimneySwift11.
YES! You are exactly like me! YES!

Raynbow
    Raynbow

Farlander

• Members
  • 15858 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

PewDiePie. God I have no idea why he got famous in the first place.

Glasscreeper
  • Minecraft: Glass1999
  • Xbox:PC Master Race.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

The topic now has a poll so that you can vote.
Posted Image

GH0STCADE

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

The only gaming commentator I like and can consistently enjoy is AllShamNoWow
Posted Image

Dinh AaronMk
  • Minecraft: The_Taunter

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Ah, a poll.

An' good, the screamin', rape obsessed buffoon that is PewDie is over the rest... Except Toby.

Glasscreeper
  • Minecraft: Glass1999
  • Xbox:PC Master Race.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostDinh AaronMk, on 06 December 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

Ah, a poll.

An' good, the screamin', rape obsessed buffoon that is PewDie is over the rest... Except Toby.
No one is even with him anymore :>
Posted Image

BenAdam500
  • Minecraft: BenAdam500

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Toby's not the worst   I found his gaming channel after seeing his main channel, and I watched him quite a bit for a while.  He does get a bit tiring after a while, since his main shtick is being awful.

I can't stand Yogscast.  They just annoy me for some reason.

But Pewdiepie takes the prize here.  Can't stand him, and he's made it so I can't jokingly use the word "bro" without people asking me if I'm a pewdiepie fan.