• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How To - Cool Ways to Hide Your Base / Stuff - #4 Update

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

bulksnake1

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Today I decided to make a thread about cool ways to hide your base / stuff in minecraft. I've some up with a lot of ways I find to be pretty cool to hide your base, as well as items. I'll be doing a series of videos on this topic, and putting them in this post. Each video will give you a good and fast description (Usually 2-5 Minutes at most) On what it does, Pros, Cons, and how to build it quickly, as well as other variations of the method. I'll videos come out about twice a week on this topic, however I do make a minecraft video per day, so check my channel out, and if you like it, remember to sub :D

If you have other ways, feel free to post them here and I can add them to the Main Post :D

#1 - Hide Your Base In a Fountain or Water Structure
Xtn1x_jqHbI
PS: With the way the current flows outwards from the Fountain, it is very difficult (Maybe impossible) for mobs to get inside through the opening.

#2 - Hide your base in a Mountain!
7YgQrypoB1g
PS: Spiders can't get in!

#3 - Hide your base in a lake!
XYycqYbd6rs

#4 - A Base Inside a Base!
k8P7pDlOJ0o

Register or log in to remove.

GozerTC
    GozerTC

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

My only concern with a "Fountain Enterance" as you show is that it is obviously man made.  Those looking for your base will look for obvious man made things.
"Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads."
Me: Maybe not doc, but it sure helps!
Posted Image
Please vote for us!
Posted Image

bulksnake1

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

GozerTC said:

My only concern with a "Fountain Enterance" as you show is that it is obviously man made.  Those looking for your base will look for obvious man made things.

True, but lets say you have like a Town/Village like in most servers, In the town square request if you can build a fountain, then add the hide out in there.

You would most likely have to find a way to also integrate a fountain into something already made to be less obvious. You can also do this with any water structure, I just used a fountain because I had already made one like this.

I have some other cool ideas on ways to naturally camoflauge your base which I'll maybe make videos on later.

ereath
    ereath

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

this idea would be kinda stupid for an anarchy server, but since you can go through paintings, put your door in one?
I just feel they would steal your painting, and reveal your door.

mateoinc

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

instead of hiding my base, y prefer to make a base within a base, the normal base visible while the true base hard to find and with traps :D

Metagross923
  • Minecraft: Metagross923

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Cool, good idea ill use it on my world :D
Posted Image

bulksnake1

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

mateoinc said:

instead of hiding my base, y prefer to make a base within a base, the normal base visible while the true base hard to find and with traps :iapprove:

You could do that with this idea too, Have a fountain inside your normal base and this base inside the fountain ;P

qqtt991
    qqtt991

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Minecraft: qqtt991

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

I usually hide mine in a mountain or hill and disguise the outside with dirt that looks natural. I keep the entrance facing something close by and hard to see past from any direction.
I almost lost my home once in the server I frequently visit. :iapprove:
Pixel-Paint-Vector artist for "hire". I generally work free depending on what I've been doing. :^

bulksnake1

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

qqtt991 said:

I usually hide mine in a mountain or hill and disguise the outside with dirt that looks natural. I keep the entrance facing something close by and hard to see past from any direction.
I almost lost my home once in the server I frequently visit. :(

Hahaha Sounds awesome :SSSS:

Voicerader

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

i built mine in a random waterfall that i found. worked well until some guy stalked me xD
[simg]http://i286.photobuc...rader/tepig.png[/simg]

Swingerzetta said:

I would like to remind people that sexually explicit comments are against forum rules. Please keep your squid love PG.

GozerTC
    GozerTC

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Voicerader said:

i built mine in a random waterfall that i found. worked well until some guy stalked me xD

I think that's a problem no matter where you hide your base.  Especially the "Fountain in town" thing.  Just watch where your name goes underground and search. :tnt:

But yeah anyone who's really trying hard to find your stuff will find it.  *Shrugs*

Still a cool looking idea!
"Roads?  Where we're going we don't need roads."
Me: Maybe not doc, but it sure helps!
Posted Image
Please vote for us!
Posted Image

bulksnake1

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

You are right, everyone who wants to look will find it :/

Benzo0117

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

bulksnake1 said:

You are right, everyone who wants to look will find it :/
not when it is 10mins from spawn...         like mine :Notch:
Top 5 most wanted changes from us, Beta testers:

Demoburd said:

Zakhep said:

1:For notch to be less lazy
It begins

skirider7
  • Minecraft: skirider7

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

Doesn't really seem that "secret" but it still looks awesome!
Posted Image

It's like their only reason to live is to ruin other people's artwork - Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw on Creepers.

d3st0r3r

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

Use afire place and put water above it so you can go up. Then put a secret room there.
The Mob Compression Cannon, the ultimate weapon to fire mobs.
[simg]http://i1196.photobu...1-23_131451.png[/simg]
[simg]http://i1196.photobu...1-23_131828.png[/simg]

doom101
    doom101

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Can't beleive noone suggested this yet. okay on a server i frequently play on my stuff is hidden inside my hidden house so even if you find my house all my rooms look blank to the untrained observer.
how you do it is dig 2 down from your floor add  :Lava: 's and cover so the finished product looks like this
:VV:
:VV:

its a very good way to hide your stuff and noone has found my stuff yet.
just don't make it obvious if your floor is all stone dont cover your chests with cobble.... also don't use wool period for floor safes people steal wool... for whatever reason...

the same can be done with walls. in my base almost every single wall has chests behind it  again only using the same material as the rest of the wall. and my base still looks nice.. no theif suspects that they are walking around on chests full of iron, diamonds, redstone etc etc.
Squid-man NPC's are awesome. :D

poisoned salami

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

im manly. i make my base of PURE IRON or stones if i have no iron. oh,did i forget to mention it has a LAVA moat?

with my hidden bases,i find that an iron door works like cameo with smoothstone
exaple;
[]  []  []  :P
glass is my door i know i know "salami, its iron how get in!1!!!1"
secret switch in my base selfdestruct bunker opens the door.
I AM THE SOLE OWNER OF THE MINIGUN OF ULTAMATE DESTINY  any use of T.M.U.D. without proper authorization will be punished by me calling you a jerk

DiamondNotch

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

You could:
-Build into a mountian
-Make an ocean home
-Cover with some block (blend into surroundings)
-cover it with lava

The_E
    The_E

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

:)  :D  :D  :grass:
:soil: :Notch:  []  :sand:
:soil: :Bench:  []  :sand:
:soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:

no one will suspect a thing
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pRAHhjiH11Y

mythcaptor said:

Didn’t you ever wonder where inventory editors got all their blocks?

bulksnake1

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

Loving these ideas, when I get a sec I'll integrate them all into the OP .