36 replies to this topic

Sirknightchase816
  • Minecraft: Sirknightchase

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Minecraft Quests

Created By: Sirknightchase

Information
===================
Hello, i'm Sirknightchase! I have had this idea to make quest that people can try, so I hope you will enjoy my quests. Thanks for taking a look, if you complete any on video post the video on this page and I will add it to the video selection!

Quests
===============
Sirknightchase's Birthday [Peaceful] (Finished this year)
By: Sirknightchase
Spoiler:

The Angry Spider King [Easy]
Spoiler:

The Wood House [Easy]
Spoiler:

The Mob Slayer [Easy]
Spoiler:

Creepy Creeper [Easy]
Spoiler:

Breakfast [Easy]
Spoiler:

Making a Hero Proud [Easy]
Spoiler:

Emerald Is Awesome [Normal]
Spoiler:

Business Expanded [Normal]
By: AlternateLives
Spoiler:

Diamond Hunter[Hard]
Spoiler:

You Need Some Resistance, Some Fire Resistance[Hard]
By: M135780

Spoiler:

Minecraft Expert[Impossible]
Spoiler:

Video Selection
===================
None So Far!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Sirknightchase816

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Things added August 10, 2012

+The Forum itself
+The Angry Spider King [Easy]
+The Mob Slayer [Easy]
Posted Image

AnOrpanage

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Its a bit dull, but it sorta works. For quests, make custom maps that make it more challenging.

awesomlyawesome
  • Minecraft: awesomlyawesome
  • Xbox:xXAwesomlyXx

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

I don't usually find 10 spiders a night. Also, I'd be lucky to get 7 string a night, and spider eyes might as well be a 1% drop with my luck. Also, I've been playing minecraft for over a year now, and I've only seen 3 spider jockeys.

Not to be hating, by my luck just sucks to much for this. Maybe make a challange like "Kill 30 mobs without getting hit" or "kill 5 skeletons with a bow without them noticing you". You know, just because my luck sucks :P

View PostMinnesotaBurns said:

I have to go ma'am, the chicken is burning.

Sirknightchase816

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostAnOrpanage, on 11 August 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Its a bit dull, but it sorta works. For quests, make custom maps that make it more challenging.

Well the idea is if your getting bored of building in your main world and just want something fun to do! What better way then to take on a quest! I plan on adding loads of quest unique in every way! This isn't really one of those.

View Postawesomlyawesome, on 11 August 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

I don't usually find 10 spiders a night. Also, I'd be lucky to get 7 string a night, and spider eyes might as well be a 1% drop with my luck. Also, I've been playing minecraft for over a year now, and I've only seen 3 spider jockeys.

Not to be hating, by my luck just sucks to much for this. Maybe make a challange like "Kill 30 mobs without getting hit" or "kill 5 skeletons with a bow without them noticing you". You know, just because my luck sucks Posted Image
PS: Really just 3 spider jockeys? Wow its a good thing that a bonus!

This is just one quest, like I said above

"""Well the idea is if your getting bored of building in your main world and just want something fun to do! What better way then to take on a quest! I plan on adding loads of quest unique in every way! This isn't really one of those. """

There will be plenty! This is just to have fun! Posted Image
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

Added another quest :D Hope you enjoy!
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Things added August 11, 2012

+The Diamond Hunter
Posted Image

Itisawewsome123
  • Minecraft: riels418
  • Xbox:BaddestAardvark

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

hey, maybe with the new 1.3.1 update do something like find emerald within 5-10 minecraft days, for me i found one in like 3 (i know it's luck)

irishgrowly
  • Minecraft: irishgrowly

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

looks good

goldendragon1597
  • Minecraft: goldendragon1597

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I was playing on a server, and I was just recently given a quest. The previous quest person handed me the book that had the quest in it. A good way to make the quest interesting is to have some backstory, such as evil wizards, ancient demons, malicious curses, and so on. The backstory is what made the quest fun. This was the quest:

1) Kill a Ghast and collect it's ghast tear
2) Obtain a magma cream (I crafted it from blaze powder and a slime ball)
3) Find a nether fortress
4) Kill a blaze and collect its blaze rod
5) Collect some Nether wart (luckily I had a farm of it)
6) Kill a creeper and collect its gunpowder
7) Make a brewing stand
8) Make a potion of Fire resistance and a potion of regeneration
9) Make them throwable

Notice how all the items I collected worked together to make the potions. This results in a feeling of accomplishment, and makes you feel like all the item collecting wasn't worthless. I was then told to find a jungle and desert temple. The server I was playing on had a live map, so this wasn't as hard as it could be. Otherwise this would be a hard and tedious task, and I would not recommend it. I was told (I haven't gotten this far in the quest yet) that the temples will point the way to the keeper of the books (the wizard that cast the curse that "made" me do the quest). If I were doing this, while the player was raiding the chests, I would put a book in their inventory, one with a X cord, and at the other temple, one with the Y. This obviously requires you to be following them, so the previous quest person was a "guardian" of the quester. I just ended up protecting the guardian, though Posted Image When the character got to the location, you would probably have built some sort of temple previously, and another player (or yourself) would be the wizard inside. In my quest I was instructed to throw the potions at the wizard. I was also told I would be rewarded with diamonds XD. After someone completes a quest, reward them or they will get mad. Then, give them the book and tell them in order to fully complete the quest (or lift the curse, and so on) they must pass the book to a new owner, and be their guardian, or maybe the new quester would have to guard them. This results in quests being constantly passed on, so multiple people can have fun with it.

I hope this helps in your quest-making!
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postgoldendragon1597, on 11 August 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

I was playing on a server, and I was just recently given a quest. The previous quest person handed me the book that had the quest in it. A good way to make the quest interesting is to have some backstory, such as evil wizards, ancient demons, malicious curses, and so on. The backstory is what made the quest fun. This was the quest:

7) Make a brewing stand
9) Make them throwable

Notice how all the items I collected worked together to make the potions. This results in a feeling of accomplishment, and makes you feel like all the item collecting wasn't worthless. I was then told to find a jungle and desert temple. The server I was playing on had a live map, so this wasn't as hard as it could be. Otherwise this would be a hard and tedious task, and I would not recommend it. I was told (I haven't gotten this far in the quest yet) that the temples will point the way to the keeper of the books (the wizard that cast the curse that "made" me do the quest). If I were doing this, while the player was raiding the chests, I would put a book in their inventory, one with a X cord, and at the other temple, one with the Y. This obviously requires you to be following them, so the previous quest person was a "guardian" of the quester. I just ended up protecting the guardian, though Posted Image When the character got to the location, you would probably have built some sort of temple previously, and another player (or yourself) would be the wizard inside. In my quest I was instructed to throw the potions at the wizard. I was also told I would be rewarded with diamonds XD. After someone completes a quest, reward them or they will get mad. Then, give them the book and tell them in order to fully complete the quest (or lift the curse, and so on) they must pass the book to a new owner, and be their guardian, or maybe the new quester would have to guard them. This results in quests being constantly passed on, so multiple people can have fun with it.

I like this quest :D
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Things added August 12, 2012!

+You Need Some Resistance, Some Fire Resistance [Hard]

Posted Image

goldendragon1597

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to do! But if your giving credit, don't say it was by me, for I didn't make it. Say "Suggested by: goldendragon1597" and/or "made by:___". I forgot the person's name, I'll get it to you in a bit.

And remove my (random note on how I did it), it makes it look sloppy. You could do (hint: It's craft-able) for the magma cream, and stuff like that, if you wanted.
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Postgoldendragon1597, on 13 August 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to do! But if your giving credit, don't say it was by me, for I didn't make it. Say "Suggested by: goldendragon1597" and/or "made by:___". I forgot the person's name, I'll get it to you in a bit.

And remove my (random note on how I did it), it makes it look sloppy. You could do (hint: It's craft-able) for the magma cream, and stuff like that, if you wanted.

Okay :)
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

Added August 13, 2012
+Emerald Is Awesome [Normal]
+Sirknightchase's Birthday [Peaceful]
Posted Image

Sirknightchase816

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Added August 14, 2012
+Creepy Creeper [Easy]

+Breakfast [Easy]
Posted Image

goldendragon1597

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

OK, I have the person's name. Sorry it took so long.

It is... (drumroll please)........ M135780
Posted Image

awesomlyawesome
  • Minecraft: awesomlyawesome
  • Xbox:xXAwesomlyXx

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

You should add some buiding quests.

View PostMinnesotaBurns said:

I have to go ma'am, the chicken is burning.

Sirknightchase816

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

August 21, 2012
+A Wood House [Easy]
Posted Image

mataxspen2
  • Minecraft: mataxspen
  • Xbox:DENIED

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Postgoldendragon1597, on 11 August 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

7) Make a brewing stand
9) Make them throwable

What server was that?