• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Tekkit Crashes after Mojang screen- PLEASE HELP!

help tekkit crash

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Huss4
    Huss4

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

I've recently been trying to access tekkit, i can get onto the log on screen fine, then once i login it goes to the mojang screen then crashes. "Minecraft has crashed!" with an error report with the bluey-grey border.

I have tried re-installing java, I have tried Re-downloading tekkit, but it just wont work!!

If you know a definite way to fix it, please tell me!

Thanks,
Huss4.

Register or log in to remove.

Cico135
    Cico135

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Don't use tekkit. Install the mods yourself.

If you really want help try asking on their forums.

DonWicho
    DonWicho

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

In here you can find a tutorial on how to install the mods used on
tekkit and other more also you can download a config pack

http://www.minecraft...-v125-season-4/
Posted Image

Huss4
    Huss4

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks!

Riegel2222

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I have to install the mods ALL BY MYSELF? But I wanna use the launcher sooo baaad :'(
Inthelittlewood is more awesome then everybody else on this world combined!

danidas
    danidas

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

No need to install them manully all you need to do is make sure your using the latest version of jave and have no other versions installed.

Take a look at this - http://questions.technicpack.net/31

Also do not use tekkit for single player as it is only for connecting to multiplayer servers and if you install the mods yourself you may not be able to play on the many tekkit servers. For single player use technic instead as it is designed for single player or install them yourself. Also note that technic comes with almost all the mods direwolf uses and it is as easy as dropping the rest into the mods folder. As technic now uses a auto block ID conflict resolver that that should take care of any configurations issues baring any mod conflicts. You can even install forestry this way with out any issue as its author has already disabled the code he added to prevent its use in technic.

Novicode
    Novicode

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Minecraft: Novicode
  • Xbox:Novicode

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Don't be lazy and support the mod authors. Technic is just trying to get popular off of other's work. They aren't even allowed to use some of the mods but they do so anyways. There are lots of tutorials on how to install mods out there and if you still can't figure it out drop me a PM.
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo, 8 Cores, H80i Liquid Cooled) | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB | 8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM | Windows 7 | Dual Monitor | Intel 330 Maple Crest SSD | Dual Western Digital 1TB Drives

danidas
    danidas

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostNovicode, on 14 August 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Don't be lazy and support the mod authors. Technic is just trying to get popular off of other's work. They aren't even allowed to use some of the mods but they do so anyways. There are lots of tutorials on how to install mods out there and if you still can't figure it out drop me a PM.

Currently they have full permission from each mod that is currently in the pact grant it in the past they did not. But that was due to the fact that the pack was never intended to be public when it got leaked onto the internet and put into the yogcast's spot light. Sure they made a few mistakes along the way but though the whole thing they been doing everything they can to make up for them.

Including refusing any and all donations despite the fact that they are paying out of their pockets to host it and all the bandwidth involved. Which easily exceeds several hundreds to the low thousands or worse mattering on how many downloads they get. All the while they constantly go out of their way to drive as many donations as possible to the mod authors. As well as bringing attention to the many mods out their and introducing countless people to modding that may of never gave it a thought other wise.

So if you really think that they are in it for popularity or their own benefit I feel sorry for you. Instead they are doing it purely for the good of the minecraft modding community by making the mods more available to the masses.

Voodoocat

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

View Postdanidas, on 14 August 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Currently they have full permission from each mod that is currently in the pact grant it in the past they did not. But that was due to the fact that the pack was never intended to be public when it got leaked onto the internet and put into the yogcast's spot light. Sure they made a few mistakes along the way but though the whole thing they been doing everything they can to make up for them.

Including refusing any and all donations despite the fact that they are paying out of their pockets to host it and all the bandwidth involved. Which easily exceeds several hundreds to the low thousands or worse mattering on how many downloads they get. All the while they constantly go out of their way to drive as many donations as possible to the mod authors. As well as bringing attention to the many mods out their and introducing countless people to modding that may of never gave it a thought other wise.

So if you really think that they are in it for popularity or their own benefit I feel sorry for you. Instead they are doing it purely for the good of the minecraft modding community by making the mods more available to the masses.

Forgeting whatever happened in the past I couldn't agree more.
I can't see any way the people who put the tekkit / technic pack together gain anything out of it.
Quite the opposite in fact, seems to me they incure some conciderable expense and hassle yo bring these great works to a much wider audiance. I for one am gratefull.

As for being lazy ?  Well if saving yourself a lot of grief, time and hassle is being lazy then I am happy to be so.
Installing manually when there is a perfectly good installer is plain dumb.

grimcreaper

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostNovicode, on 14 August 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

So, your one of the bads thats trying to perpetuate that Tekkit/Technic are illegal huh? Always fun to run into you guys cause i know your wrong. They have had permissions for quite some time. Thank you though for spreading misinformation. Have a wonderfull day!

Also: Their launcher is a fine piece of software. does all the work for you AND allows you to have multiple mods installed that they support. All able to be changed via a dragdown menu AND a mouse click! So simple!

Connbob
    Connbob

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Delete openal32.dll and openal64.dll in natives in the bin of . techniclauncher

UndeadNPC

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostConnbob, on 25 August 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Delete openal32.dll and openal64.dll in natives in the bin of . techniclauncher

I am testing this now...